Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worse things get for us, the better for a charismatic authoritarian like Trump.

Social privation and the breakdown of democratic norms are suitable preconditions for the formation of a government of national salvation.
    accidental-so-called Pres Trash, bad faith asshole, has violated so much that the smart authoritarians now know what they can get away with, and much more.

That's why Trash must be impeached and found guilty by the House.

Pelosi's brain-dead strategy of "let's do nothing and then just vote him out" is ing horrendous.

The oligarchy and the Repugs have known for 40 years they can do just about anything and get away it, as the Dem comply in silence.

Corrupting the Federal judiciary with young, Leonard Leo political stooges is fundamental to the oligarchy's and theocrats' strategy.

America is ed and un able.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    accidental-so-called Pres Trash, bad faith asshole, has violated so much that the smart authoritarians now know what they can get away with, and much more.
    name those violations please.

That's why Trash must be impeached and found guilty by the House.
    guilty of what exactly? please list the charges against trump.

The oligarchy and the Repugs have known for 40 years they can do just about anything and get away it, as the Dem comply in silence.
    lol as there's been the same number of dems in office for the past couple decades. guess the oligarch, ing gay ass overused word by you scared lefty dip s, is composed of both left and right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This lady is awesome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quillette is hornt for BoJo:

Believe.
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I think they might be headed for another vote.

This is why we have leaders voted in and dont let the public vote on every single move a government might make in a democracy.
    They needlessly made their country poorer. Royal F up. Farange is on the run. What a fckn idiot...
    I would rather agree with you. Probably will be a second vote

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UK plays Brexit hardball from a submarine base, pound tumbles

Sterling tumbled to a 28-month low on Monday as Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the Brexit divorce was dead and warned that unless the European Union renegotiated,

Britain would leave on Oct. 31 without a deal.

Many investors say a no-deal Brexit would send

shock waves through the world economy,

tip Britain’s economy into a recession,

roil financial markets and

weaken London’s position as the pre-eminent international financial center.Johnson’s bet is that

the threat of a no-deal Brexit will persuade the EU’s biggest powers - Germany and France - to

agree to revise the Withdrawal Agreement that Theresa May agreed

but failed three times to push through the British parliament.

“The Withdrawal Agreement is dead, it’s got to go.
    But there is scope to do a new deal,” Johnson

“We are going to go ahead and come out of the EU on October 31.”

The 27 other EU members, though, say publicly and privately that the divorce settlement - including the backstop - is not up for barter.

Many EU diplomats say they believe an election in Britain is highly likely.

If Johnson goes for a no-deal Brexit,

some British lawmakers will attempt to stop him,

possibly collapsing his government.

If they try to thwart Brexit, an election becomes much more likely.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-brexit/uk-plays-brexit-hardball-from-a-submarine-base-pound-tumbles-idUSKCN1UO0Q4?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_so urce=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed% 3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Top+News%2 9

It would be hilarious if, with Trash supporting a Pootin-friendly HARD Brexit, the world finances go into shock, big recession follows and kills Trash's re-election.

And Pootin would laugh this ass off at the chaos he would have caused in the West.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-30-2019 at 08:00 PM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    3+ years & the s are still stalling, searching for another (vote) like here with---45---.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3+ years & the s are still stalling, searching for another (vote) like here with---45---.
    Prediction:
    They exit with no plan. There will be no other vote.

Their economy continues its downward spiral.
    An example of why you don't put every single issue to a popular nationwide vote, especially one that is complex.
    They have become a poorer nation just through a stance. And they will most likely see another drop. Then the realization of the stupidity of this sheared exit will sink in, and they stabilize at an even poorer level until they try to undo all the unintended economic consequences.

All of Europe took a step down.

Maybe some of the lesser members can become as poor as Russia.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Prediction:

An example of why you don't put every single issue to a popular nationwide vote, especially one that is complex.
    They have become a poorer nation just through a stance. And they will most likely see another drop. Then the realization of the stupidity of this sheared exit will sink in, and they stabilize at an even poorer level until they try to undo all the unintended economic consequences.

Especially when it doesn't go the (right) way like November of '16.

The people in England spokePERIOD

The people here spokePERIOD

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Prediction:

You think people voted for economic reasons?

It is all your summary is focusing on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think people voted for economic reasons?

It is all your summary is focusing on.
    You think they did not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially when it doesn't go the (right) way like November of '16.

The people in England spokePERIOD

The people here spokePERIOD
    Sure they did.

And it was very close and now they will pay the price for their false sense of freedom.
    You think the Leave People would tell them, "we may get whiter and free from some rules, but you will be poorer as well"
    They leavers think they have it bad now...

And you still dont put every single issue to a vote. Especially issues that are complex, unless they are explained correctly to an educated public.
    Im a bit fed up with people making issues seem easy. " Who knew Healthcare would be so difficult?" And then no plan? Good lord...No more orange slush.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The people voting for Brexit are the same kind of people who voted for Trash

They're on the bottom of society, financially precarious with little freedom, thinking "democracy", "politics", "Capitalism" have failed them, so they nihilistically, with nothing to lose, want to blow everything up.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You think they did not?
    Everyone understood 'Leave' would hurt the economy. It was the sacrifice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone understood 'Leave' would hurt the economy. It was the sacrifice
    No they did not.
    And they were told by most LEAVE leaders it would not.
    And those that told the people it would hurt did not anticipate how long the hurt would drag out.
    Worse is yet to come.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sure they did.

And it was very close and now they will pay the price for their false sense of freedom.
    You think the Leave People would tell them, "we may get whiter and free from some rules, but you will be poorer as well"
    They leavers think they have it bad now...

And you still dont put every single issue to a vote. Especially issues that are complex, unless they are explained correctly to an educated public.
    Im a bit fed up with people making issues seem easy. " Who knew Healthcare would be so difficult?" And then no plan? Good lord...No more orange slush.
    You when they shove it thru without reconciling it, then when the old man stipulates to difficulty before shoving it you about that too.

The bottom line is that the people voted for Brexit & Trump. It doesn't matter why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You when they shove it thru without reconciling it, then when the old man stipulates to difficulty before shoving it you about that too.

The bottom line is that the people voted for Brexit & Trump. It doesn't matter why.
    They did NOT vote for Brexit without a plan for exit.
    They will get screwed.

And of course it matters why a candidate was voted for. Trump said he had a plan for Health Care. He lied, he had nothing.
    When he goes down in 2020, one huge reason is lied about things he had no clue how to fix.

For you it’s a vengeance vote for 8 years of a black man. For others, it is not.
    Are you hitting the sauce? I cannot entertain a crazy Thread. I gotta work and think tomorrow.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They did NOT vote for Brexit without a plan for exit.
    They will get screwed.

And of course it matters why a candidate was voted for. Trump said he had a plan for Health Care. He lied, he had nothing.
    When he goes down in 2020, one huge reason is lied about things he had no clue how to fix.

For you it’s a vengeance vote for 8 years of a black man. For others, it is not.
    Are you hitting the sauce? I cannot entertain a crazy Thread. I gotta work and think tomorrow.
    I don't drink, ever.

Get some sleep, peeg. You're jake with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Media is working OT, both sides of the ocean to get him out before he's in. Tried the exact same tact with Trump...

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Media is working OT, both sides of the ocean to get him out before he's in. Tried the exact same tact with Trump...

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.
    So you give me an article on Boris Johnson.

Neither of us know the man. Or know people who know the man.
    I choose The Guardian fully realizing it leans left but is also a fantastic source for news and analysis (realizing it is left leaning)
    You got better, please post it. We can’t live with Boris, so tell me what you believe and how you came to this belief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Addendum:

Boris might be subject to a vote that relieves him of his current status; the timeline is interesting.
    What will Thread read if he wants a closer examination of my statement above?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UK still investigating illegal RUSSIAN financing of BREXIT campaign,

but since the Thalidomide legalities took decades sub judice gagged, not optimistic the investigation will end by 31-10.

The Nigel Farage BREXIT campaign was rotten with lies, and he admitted it. And BoJo ran with the same BREXIT lies.

Pootin is laughing his ass off, as his neighboring economic/political union is in crisis.

Thread Information