Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    every "tough guy" i know melts down over rottentomatoes.com now whether its on FB or twitter lol. its hilarious. 70% is a good score but still they find reasons to complain and wallow in victimhood over it lol
    70% is pretty good, but when stuff that is , is rated higher, then it looks stupid. Tell me with a straight face that the Ghostbusters remake is better than the Joker. Also the site changed their voting system just cause of Captain Marvel and has been deleting reviews since the Last Jedi. You don't have to be a ''tough guy'' to see that site is bull .

also no one is having a meltdown, i find this stuff pretty funny.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    TV ratings on RT generally score higher than movies because the standard is lower. If you're ing about a TV show getting a higher RT rating than a movie you like, you're probably also the type of loser who submits low ratings for movies and shows you've never seen, while simultaneously claiming that the User Rating reflects people's true feelings about the quality of that movie/show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    70% is pretty good, but when stuff that is , is rated higher, then it looks stupid. Tell me with a straight face that the Ghostbusters remake is better than the Joker. Also the site changed their voting system just cause of Captain Marvel and has been deleting reviews since the Last Jedi. You don't have to be a ''tough guy'' to see that site is bull .

also no one is having a meltdown, i find this stuff pretty funny.
    can you blame them, given how that went down?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    can you blame them, given how that went down?
    people have the right to vote. I am pretty sure no one would have downvoted the movie if Brie Larson didnt say it wasnt for white men (which is like 70% of the MCU fan base). So if she can be a , people can downvote her movie. It was also a giant Marvel movie and even if 10K people did give it a 1, there still sould be a lot of peole that would put that movie in the 70+%. And a lot of people gave it a positive review just cause they were mad at the people that downvoted it, but no one deleted those ones. So they deleted more then 10K user votes and the movie is still at like 50% while 80% of the critics love it.
    btw, I didn't downvote the movie, I went to the cinema and saw it for myself and I have to agree with the audience on this one. It was a mediocre movie on the lvl of IronMan2 so Id also give it a 5/10.
    just for fun go to imdb and see the scores. There were 25K people that gave it a 1 and 42K people that gave it a 10. So if the 1's are unrealistic so are the 10's.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    people have the right to vote. I am pretty sure no one would have downvoted the movie if Brie Larson didnt say it wasnt for white men (which is like 70% of the MCU fan base). So if she can be a , people can downvote her movie. It was also a giant Marvel movie and even if 10K people did give it a 1, there still sould be a lot of peole that would put that movie in the 70+%. And a lot of people gave it a positive review just cause they were mad at the people that downvoted it, but no one deleted those ones. So they deleted more then 10K user votes and the movie is still at like 50% while 80% of the critics love it.
    btw, I didn't downvote the movie, I went to the cinema and saw it for myself and I have to agree with the audience on this one. It was a mediocre movie on the lvl of IronMan2 so Id also give it a 5/10.
    just for fun go to imdb and see the scores. There were 25K people that gave it a 1 and 42K people that gave it a 10. So if the 1's are unrealistic so are the 10's.
    thats not what rotten tomatoes reviews are meant to measure

what if from now on users only review movies on rotten tomatoes based on, say, how attractive they find the lead actor and on no other criteria. is rotten tomatoes just supposed to honor that? no, its meant to be people's assessments of the film. when thousands of people who havent seen the movie vote one way because they're triggered at comments of the actress, i cant blame them for stepping in

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    thats not what rotten tomatoes reviews are meant to measure

what if from now on users only review movies on rotten tomatoes based on, say, how attractive they find the lead actor and on no other criteria. is rotten tomatoes just supposed to honor that? no, its meant to be people's assessments of the film. when thousands of people who havent seen the movie vote one way because they're triggered at comments of the actress, i cant blame them for stepping in
    all i am saying is that for every negative review the user gave there was almost 2 positive ones just to fight those that downvoted it. So should they delete the positive ones aswell? No, they should just leave it as it is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    all i am saying is that for every negative review the user gave there was almost 2 positive ones just to fight those that downvoted it. So should they delete the positive ones aswell? No, they should just leave it as it is.
    If there was a 2:1 positive ratio then the user rating wouldn't be under 50%. Angry incels vote in droves because they disproportionately give a .

You've brought up Ghostbusters, Batwoman and Captain Marvel in the past 24 hours. It's pretty obvious where you sit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    If there was a 2:1 positive ratio then the user rating wouldn't be under 50%. Angry incels vote in droves because they disproportionately give a .

You've brought up Ghostbusters, Batwoman and Captain Marvel in the past 24 hours. It's pretty obvious where you sit.
    Yea i brought up 3 things that sucked. Its weird that everyone uses the word incel with those 3 movies and thinks, well its just cause u hate wahmen. But how come no one downvoted wonder woman and alita?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yea i brought up 3 things that sucked. Its weird that everyone uses the word incel with those 3 movies and thinks, well its just cause u hate wahmen. But how come no one downvoted wonder woman and alita?
    I didn't say anything about women. But Ghostbusters and Captain Marvel are 2/4 of the Mount Rushmore of Movies Incels Can't Stop ing About.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I didn't say anything about women. But Ghostbusters and Captain Marvel are 2/4 of the Mount Rushmore of Movies Incels Can't Stop ing About.
    yea, well i just said what i thought about rotten tomatoes, i dont really care about those 2 movies. If some people think they are good thats great, i won't tell people what to like or dislike. I just dont like it that people say u are an incel or a sexist or whatever if you didn't like Cpt Marvel.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It just seems that there were way too many hints for that twist not to be true
    SPOILERS

Seems like there are three options:

1. Eveything really happened except for certain delusions throughout. Him being locked up in Arkham just happens after the fact when he's caught. Arthur is the real Joker within this particular universe. I actually prefer this.

2. None of it happened. It was all the delusions/fantasies of some dude already locked up. I don't care for this, because why would they even include the Thomas/Bruce Wayne stuff at the end?

3. This character is the "real" Joker locked up in Arkham, but the story if Arthur Fleck is one of his delusions. Since Todd Phillips said they took inspiration from The Killing Joke, and Joker had said in that comic that he preferred his past be multiple choice, I have a feeling this is the ending Todd Phillips/Joaquin Phoenix intended.
    Last edited by Xevious; 10-10-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    people have the right to vote.
    Before even watching the movie?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What are the other two? Black 007 and Black Panther?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What are the other two? Black 007 and Black Panther?
    Good question. I said 4 because of Mount Rushmore, but the only other one I can think of that compares to GB and CM is The Last Jedi.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just saw it. ing amazing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Before even watching the movie?
    on a corrupted site like Rotten Tomatoes, yea. If the critics can lie about reviews just so they can be in good eyes with the movie industry, then normal people can go and vote.
    https://twitter.com/Dataracer117/sta...24417190092800

also, if i am an Hotel owner and i go out and say that i don't want any white people at my hotel, should i get mad that people are giving me bad reviews, even if they didn't visit my hotel?
    Brie Larson should have just said that she can't wait for everyone to see the film, but nope, she acted like a and people got pissed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    SPOILERS

Seems like there are three options:

1. Eveything really happened except for certain delusions throughout. Him being locked up in Arkham just happens after the fact when he's caught. Arthur is the real Joker within this particular universe. I actually prefer this.

2. None of it happened. It was all the delusions/fantasies of some dude already locked up. I don't care for this, because why would they even include the Thomas/Bruce Wayne stuff at the end?

3. This character is the "real" Joker locked up in Arkham, but the story if Arthur Fleck is one of his delusions. Since Todd Phillips said they took inspiration from The Killing Joke, and Joker had said in that comic that he preferred his past be multiple choice, I have a feeling this is the ending Todd Phillips/Joaquin Phoenix intended.
    ***Spoilers below***

Definitely good scenarios. If indeed it happened as Arthur remembers,

then how the could Penny have been allowed to adopt him with her mental illness? And why would TW needed to know that or keep tabs on her?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ***Spoilers below***

Definitely good scenarios. If indeed it happened as Arthur remembers,

then how the could Penny have been allowed to adopt him with her mental illness? And why would TW needed to know that or keep tabs on her?
    It was all to make Arthur further question his iden y. There are enough clues to go either way. In the end, he doesn't know where he came from, the Joker persona is the only thing he identifies with.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    on a corrupted site like Rotten Tomatoes, yea. If the critics can lie about reviews just so they can be in good eyes with the movie industry, then normal people can go and vote.
    https://twitter.com/Dataracer117/sta...24417190092800

also, if i am an Hotel owner and i go out and say that i don't want any white people at my hotel, should i get mad that people are giving me bad reviews, even if they didn't visit my hotel?
    Brie Larson should have just said that she can't wait for everyone to see the film, but nope, she acted like a and people got pissed.
    What if you saw the movie and liked it? You'd have to lie about it then right. Don't want nobody calling you a lib cuck

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What if you saw the movie and liked it? You'd have to lie about it then right. Don't want nobody calling you a lib cuck
    Sorry man, i am not from US, so i kinda dont care for your politics. To me this whole right vs left is funny.
    But yea id definitely wouldn't lie about a movie score cause everyone has their own taste.

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Sorry man, i am not from US, so i kinda dont care for your politics. To me this whole right vs left is funny.
    But yea id definitely wouldn't lie about a movie score cause everyone has their own taste.
    funny how everyone here who parrots conservative talking points ad nauseam are also always insisting that they don’t support either side.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    top critis on Rotten Tomatores have it at 44%... who the are this so called ''top'' critics. All of this ers need to be called ''re '' critics.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    top critis on Rotten Tomatores have it at 44%... who the are this so called ''top'' critics. All of this ers need to be called ''re '' critics.
    You're still getting emotional over a scoring system you obviously don't understand.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I saw it. It was fine. If I reviewed movies for a living I'd give it a positive score. But I think reasonable people can dislike it too. That's the thing about art.

Some people attach far too much of their self-validation to other people's opinions of stuff they like (or dislike).

Thread Information