Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like going over this again and again is getting kind of pointless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochans bb idol was Westbrook.

FFS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team isn't tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like going over this again and again is getting kind of pointless.
    You're right.
    Chill.
    The team is not going to outright tank with it's play, but it's going to tank with the loss of talent.
    Especially if they get rid of Poeltl and Richardson.

And that's a big if.
    But Pop is going to teach and train and have his guys play their asses off in the meantime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb s don't even know what tanking means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochans bb idol was Westbrook.

FFS
    That's odd considering Westbrook isn't known for his defensive effort or expertise, and that's where Jeremy hangs his hat. But it might explain why I have hope he can become the point forward with his underrated handles and passing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop isn't going to tell the players "go ahead and lose", that's why management is going to trade any rotation level veteran that could help win games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team isn't tanking.
    People scoff at this, blinded by their own preferences and biases, but it's a very valid perspective. It is very possible that the FO doesn't view trading Murray as tanking, as much as they do just accepting an EV+ deal. This is actually the potential position they could be taking that scares me most.

Like I said earlier though, I feel like by not taking any steps to improve the team in FA while having all this cap space is a good indicator that they are committing to a true rebuild, in which case trading Jak is the right move.

And I get Mr. Body's point about not tanking. The team is going to go out and win as many games as they can... which still not be very many. But Pop is very unlikely to not try to win games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's odd considering Westbrook isn't known for his defensive effort or expertise, and that's where Jeremy hangs his hat. But it might explain why I have hope he can become the point forward with his underrated handles and passing.
    Yep.

San Antonio Spurs rookie Jeremy Sochan 'not intending on being disrespectful' to Russell Westbrook with 'bricks' response (espn.com)

Well, wait. BSPN twisted/omitted a word (no suprise) but that word changes a lot.

Sochan, 19, said in a later tweet that Westbrook has been his "idol since I started watching the NBA" and added that his dog's name is Russell -- an homage to the former NBA MVP. -BSPN

Vs what Sochan really posted:
    "Been ONE idol since i started watching the NBA and my dog is called Russell." -capitalization Fabbs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Still disturbing that Sochan mentions Westbrick but huge difference between "his idol" and "one idol"
    BSPN continuing with the Laker propoganda.

I sure hope Sochans colored hair changes and Westbrooks dress wearing don't mean.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.

San Antonio Spurs rookie Jeremy Sochan 'not intending on being disrespectful' to Russell Westbrook with 'bricks' response (espn.com)

Well, wait. BSPN twisted/omitted a word (no suprise) but that word changes a lot.

Sochan, 19, said in a later tweet that Westbrook has been his "idol since I started watching the NBA" and added that his dog's name is Russell -- an homage to the former NBA MVP. -BSPN

Vs what Sochan really posted:
    Been ONE idol since i started watching the NBA and my dog is called Russell.
    correct me if I am wrong it sounds like he immediately says don’t print this during that session. I think it was light hearted and not him talking but at the same time he was talking lol and now he has put a target on his back. Stay off social media kids.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he meant UCLA Westbrook, where Ben Howland had honed Westbrook into an elite defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop isn't going to tell the players "go ahead and lose", that's why management is going to trade any rotation level veteran that could help win games.
    Ideally Brown having gone through the process and now being here, will help rein in Pop some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    correct me if I am wrong it sounds like he immediately says don’t print this during that session. I think it was light hearted and not him talking but at the same time he was talking lol and now he has put a target on his back. Stay off social media kids.
    Didn't hear the piece just read it.
    But ya Sochan is backpedaling badly.
    Agree stay off social media. That having been said would rather he manned up and acknowledged saying it vs the pedal.

I mean so what if Sochan did say it. Westchuck is an overly sensitive puss about it. Westchuck should use his "bricks" moniker it to motivate his own game rather then playing the butthurt social medial gal role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His Mom and dad went to college in OK. He spent time there in his youth, and even posted a pic of himself in a Russ jersey.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here we go with moving the goal posts

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These people change the meaning of tanking for whatever agenda they’re pushing. Spurs are gunning for a bottom three record. That’s tanking. How they accomplish it is completely irrelevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These people change the meaning of tanking for whatever agenda they’re pushing. Spurs are gunning for a bottom three record. That’s tanking. How they accomplish it is completely irrelevant.
    They won’t get it, unless a major injury or two happens. Pop will never sit healthy players for the post trade deadline games. He won’t. At one point in Jan/Feb, we were at like 5 or 6, but when Portland sat a healthy Dame and Nurk, and a couple of other teams followed suit, we dropped to 9. Next year will be similar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking literally means losing games on purpose. That's the literal definition of tanking. It's not what they're going to do. Go watch another franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he meant UCLA Westbrook, where Ben Howland had honed Westbrook into an elite defender.
    His Mom and dad went to college in OK. He spent time there in his youth, and even posted a pic of himself in a Russ jersey.
    Ah I forgot that he was born there. Yeah, makes more sense when you take that into account

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking literally means losing games on purpose. That's the literal definition of tanking. It's not what they're going to do. Go watch another franchise.
    The spurs will have a button 3 record at the end of next year. I can predict this months before the season even starts because they’re tanking. No need to get into this wishy washy nonsense to push a silly agenda.

Go watch another sport. You don’t understand the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This IS from that mediot Chris Haynes…

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-lebron-james-russell-westbrook-and-anthony-davis-commit-to-making-lakers-big-3-work-220405319.html

The Los Angeles Lakers’ Big 3 of LeBron James, Anthony Davis and Russell Westbrook huddled up on a phone conversation the first weekend of NBA Summer League in Las Vegas with each expressing their commitment to one another and vowing to make it work, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
    While the uncertainty of Westbrook’s future with the Lakers remains, the conversation was organized to make sure all three were on the same page as long as they’re joined together in their pursuit of a championship, sources said.
    Westbrook has never requested a trade from the Lakers, sources said.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Players are trying to win, the front office is tanking by the roster construction.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won’t get it, unless a major injury or two happens. Pop will never sit healthy players for the post trade deadline games. He won’t. At one point in Jan/Feb, we were at like 5 or 6, but when Portland sat a healthy Dame and Nurk, and a couple of other teams followed suit, we dropped to 9. Next year will be similar.
    This year will be different. Last year they were close enough to a play in game.

Pop will sit players this year because the spurs won't be anywhere near a play in game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Players are trying to win, the front office is tanking by the roster construction.
    This should be the final word on this subject. Close the thread.

Thread Information