Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Now the precedent has been set:

1. New Orleans must receive MORE than Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom, Goran Dragic and two draft picks (good luck getting anything close to that)

AND

2. Whoever ends up with CP3 needs to give up MORE than a Big Man who was an all star last season and has been an all star multiple times in his career and a guy who was NBA 6th Man of the Year (good luck with that)

If not, then it is clear this trade was only shut down because CP3 was going to the Lakers. Basically, Cuban's whining affects the future of three franchises and the NBA being rigged talk (which of course it is) only multiplies.

It will be a glorious day when David Stern dies. I look forward to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds high as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. New Orleans must receive MORE than Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom, Goran Dragic and two draft picks (good luck getting anything close to that)

AND

2. Whoever ends up with CP3 needs to give up MORE than a Big Man who was an all star last season and has been an all star multiple times in his career and a guy who was NBA 6th Man of the Year (good luck with that)

If not, then it is clear this trade was only shut down because CP3 was going to the Lakers. Basically, Cuban's whining affects the future of three franchises and the NBA being rigged talk (which of course it is) only multiplies.

You should contact Stern and making him an offer he can't refuse. You're famous.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You should contact Stern and making him an offer he can't refuse. You're famous.
    That is your reply to my fact-filled post?

This board has gotten a lot worse in my absence, I need to check in more around here to keep the level of knowledge up.

Bro, do yourself a favor...don't bother responding to anything I post. You are clearly way out of your depth trying to talk basketball with me.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

AND

So you'll just more. No change.

Classy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is clear this trade was only shut down because CP3 was going to the Lakers.
    Yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yada, yada, yada.

My first thought was to wonder why you immediately come here to post this. Aren't there enough places to piss in LA?

Second - if you think your team wasn't getting the best of the trade, why are you upset that it got denied?

Frankly, I don't think the Lakers would have improved by losing both Gasol and Odom in exchange for CP3, and I could almost sympathize with what you are saying. Almost. But you bas s have too much history of telling everyone else to quit whining, whenever something inexplicably goes in your favor. Just take your own advice and quit being such a whiny . It happened - move on.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My first thought was to wonder why you immediately come here to post this. Aren't there enough places to piss in LA?

Second - if you think your team wasn't getting the best of the trade, why are you upset that it got denied?

Frankly, I don't think the Lakers would have improved by losing both Gasol and Odom in exchange for CP3, and I could almost sympathize with what you are saying. Almost. But you bas s have too much history of telling everyone else to quit whining, whenever something inexplicably goes in your favor. Just take your own advice and quit being such a whiny . It happened - move on.
    I don't like the deal from LA from a basketball standpoint.

This is a bigger issue. Seperate your hate for the Lakers from this and imagine a scenario where you gave up say Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili for say Russell Westbrook. Then the league comes in and tell you it is a no go even though both teams wanted to do it and no one else would give anywhere close to that much for Westbrook. Would you find that upsetting?

I think you would.

This had nothing to do with the facts and everything to do with whiny owners like Dan Gilbert (just sell your team already, you have failed) and Mark Cuban (cheats in business, bends the rules) complaining solely because once again the Lakers (a well managed, winning organization) beat everyone to the punch. Fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hi mouse

#1 poster - @chazley
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers will probably still end up getting Chris Paul. The backlash on this has been way too big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, let Dwight get traded to someone else first tho pls, k, thx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stern really screwed the pooch on this one. No possible way for this to end well now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This had nothing to do with the facts
    It never does with lakerfan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is a bigger issue. Seperate your hate for the Lakers from this and imagine a scenario where you gave up say Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili for say Russell Westbrook. Then the league comes in and tell you it is a no go even though both teams wanted to do it and no one else would give anywhere close to that much for Westbrook. Would you find that upsetting?

I think you would.

This had nothing to do with the facts and everything to do with whiny owners like Dan Gilbert (just sell your team already, you have failed) and Mark Cuban (cheats in business, bends the rules) complaining solely because once again the Lakers (a well managed, winning organization) beat everyone to the punch. Fact.

I told you, I don't think the trade necessarily made the Lakers better, which is the reason you believe it was denied. I do think there may be something to the idea that proposed trade was done with the thought of getting Dwight Howard into a Lakers jersey as well. It's probably not healthy for the league, as a whole, to concentrate that many of it's biggest stars into three big market teams. Without knowing all the back-side details, I'm not ready to jump to the conclusion that the ONLY reason it was denied was because Stern thought it would make the Lakers too good.

The rest of what I said, I meant. Lakers fans as a group (and players, for that matter) have made quite a habit of telling everyone else not to whine. It makes it hard to have any sympathy, even if you have been done wrong this time.
    Last edited by GSH; 12-09-2011 at 01:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Granger:

Due to the sabotaging of the LA/NO trade by david stern, and following in the footsteps of my athlete brethern Metta World Peace and Chad Ochocinco, I'm changing my last name to "Stern's Bi#&h" #effectiveimmediately

http://m.tmi.me/j9xgT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stern really screwed the pooch on this one. No possible way for this to end well now.
    he didnt screw up anything man

whether the other 29 owners had a say to demps doesnt mean much when whether to accept/decline trade was always on the NOH bargaining side, if the deal wasnt fair they can reject it and look at other possible trades...

sue the owners for tampering? if ur a boss and dont have a say in the management of ur team, then you deserve to fail when ur the one payin the bills. The problem here was they had 29 owners, if it went to a proxy voting who the trade wouldnt have gone through anyway...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he didnt screw up anything man

whether the other 29 owners had a say to demps doesnt mean much when whether to accept/decline trade was always on the NOH bargaining side, if the deal wasnt fair they can reject it and look at other possible trades...

sue the owners for tampering? if ur a boss and dont have a say in the management of ur team, then you deserve to fail when ur the one payin the bills. The problem here was they had 29 owners, if it went to a proxy voting who the trade wouldnt have gone through anyway...
    Of course he screwed up.

Limits, if there were to be any, should have been placed on Demps in advance. Other teams and agents were given good reason to believe that he had the authority to make player transactions.

This whole mess was foreseeable and avoidable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course he screwed up.

Limits, if there were to be any, should have been placed on Demps in advance. Other teams and agents were given good reason to believe that he had the authority to make player transactions.

Dude, it's been done in other leagues (MLB for one) so it's not unprecedented.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course he screwed up.

theres no difference in this trade and previous trades that got decline,

the only crap here is tryin to shift the blame to the nba owners of the hornets, players already loss face in the cba talks, now tryin to do the same here by gettin back at them, when this is just something minor gettin turn into something big

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HA HA... Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't remember this uproar when Clips owner squashed our trade after accepting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think you would.

Lemme put it another way. I heard that Stern made up his mind to deny the trade in exactly .4 seconds. Now stop whining and live with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course he screwed up.

I guess, but implying Demps could operate completely unfettered by ownership doesn't seem realistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres no difference in this trade and previous trades that got decline,
    such as?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess, but implying Demps could operate completely unfettered by ownership doesn't seem realistic.
    I didn't intend that implication. More the opposite. Constraints on his authority should have been clear to all involved.

Thread Information