Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    On second thought, DSF's comparison of Nash to Rocky Balboa may have changed my mind...
    Its a good comparison, isnt it?

What NBA player had Rocky's heart? Nash gets his face busted open, needs rubber cement to temporarily stop the bleeding and then proceeds to drill back to back three pointers to tie the game!

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    What NBA player had Rocky's heart?

Certainly someone capable of holding a 36 year old Jason Kidd below 19 points and 20 assists.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

Un- ing-believable.

How do you even begin to show your appreciation as a fan for this type of toughness? Throw money on the floor? (Bill Simmons rip-off)

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You know what the best part is? Its easy to win this argument cuz Im right. If Dirk was better he would have easily defeated Nash when Nash was playing with a depleted squad.
    That wasn't that close of a series. The Suns coughed up a 20 point lead at home in G6. I seem to recall Dirk dropping 50 on the Suns in Game 5 and Dallas winning easily. The only reason that series went past 5 games is because Dallas took Phoenix too lightly in Game 1 and were too pleased with themselves after finally beating San Antonio.

Dirk took less talented teams further than Nash. You can't possibly win this argument because you're trying to say up is down and down is up.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dont get too upset, Findog.
    Why would I be? A team built around Dirk has lasted longer, because he's younger and a better player than Nash. It's not likely that the Mavs will win a le this year, but they're a darkhorse possibility.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Remember when Drago hip-checked Rocky and he flopped his way to defeat in the USSR?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    My team was gutted for financial flexibility.

It was gutted because once the 2007 season was over, that team wasn't going to win jack .

Unfortunately, fans whining and ing about how much they miss the run and gun Suns has pressured Kerr and Sarver into doing stupid things.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    How do you even begin to show your appreciation as a fan for this type of toughness?

I showed my appreciation, over two years ago, WHEN IT HAPPENED.

Quit living in the past. What the does two back to back threes hit in a game the Suns lost over two years ago have to do with the present day Suns AT ALL?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    It was gutted because once the 2007 season was over, that team wasn't going to win jack .

Unfortunately, fans whining and ing about how much they miss the run and gun Suns has pressured Kerr and Sarver into doing stupid things.
    The dumbest move they made was trading for Shaq.

I remember my buddy calling me the night before asking me if I thought the rumor was true and I said "No way. Shaq is DONE and he has three years left on that ridiculous contract. Theres no way theyre THAT stupid".

But they were! And now we are paying 15 million bucks for nobody! In essence, we are paying for Miami's 2006 le.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    What I've learned from this thread:

The Suns should throw away the next 3 seasons with a mediocre team build around Nash as a tribute to him in order to show gra ude for the back to back threes he hit in order to make it so the Suns lost by 5 rather than 11.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    The dumbest move they made was trading for Shaq.

The team they had prior to the Shaq trade didn't have a snowball's chance in of winning the le in 2008. Yeah, I know they had the best record in the West at the time, but.......their schedule was incredibly weak, they were 5-9 against the other top 8 teams in the West at the time of the Shaq trade, and every big man they played against was dropping a career high.

Was the Shaq trade good? No. Is it to blame for the collapse of the team? no.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I showed my appreciation, over two years ago, WHEN IT HAPPENED.

Quit living in the past. What the does two back to back threes hit in a game the Suns lost over two years ago have to do with the present day Suns AT ALL?
    Umm....are you new to this thread? Are you not understanding the context of the thread question?

Are you really asking me this question?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Umm....are you new to this thread? Are you not understanding the context of the thread question?

Are you really asking me this question?

Yes I am. I'm done arguing about Dirk vs. Nash. I could really give a flying about it. You seem to be ing yourself about stuff Nash did over two years ago, I'm just asking you an honest question. Are you saying that Nash's 2005-2007 seasons properly justify the extension he just received over two years after the fact?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You know what the best part is? Its easy to win this argument cuz Im right. If Kobe was better he would have easily defeated Nash when Nash was playing with a depleted squad.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    *sigh*

Thread would be blasphemy if it wasn't for Salvatore and J-Ho's missed free throws.

My poor poor Dirk

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *sigh*

Thread would be blasphemy if it wasn't for Salvatore and J-Ho's missed free throws.

My poor poor Dirk
    dirk doesnt give a about you. He has made millions, and is extremely successful, one of the best of our generation. So save your sympathy.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    dirk doesnt give a about you. He has made millions, and is extremely successful, one of the best of our generation. So save your sympathy.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol of

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    *sigh*

Or Dirks free throw, IIRC.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Or Dirks free throw, IIRC.
    You remember correctly:

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol dsf

Thread Information