Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Standing for the anthem is the same as being an advocate for confederate statues?
    No.

But nice try.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think you will receive more or less from SS and Medicare than you personally contributed? Will you personally be a net gain or loss for those programs?
    I didn't contribute for 21 years while raising kids so definitely I'll be a net gain - in current form, I would probably get half of the SS that my dh gets (since I doubt my 12 years before kids plus the years I work from now until say age 70 will be > half his - I had to start at the bottom of the pay scale). As far as Medicare, I think one qualifies with 10 years' credit? so definitely contribute less than I would take out.

FYI, Ryan's plan for SS reduces "home-maker" benefits to 1/2 of the average SS benefit - much less than my dh's. I am for this and for tying SS to life expectancy and raising Medicare age to 70 in order to save the programs.

Of course, all that is moot if we decide to retire in Jamaica (where medical and COL is very cheap) - in which case, we'll have put in much more than we receive (0) - who knows what will happen? Maybe I'll have grandchildren and my kids need help with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snowflake demands for enforcement are, yeah. Blacks are getting uppity, so action must be taken.
    Yeah, there shouldn't be a rule -- that's dumb.

Nice use of "uppity blacks" tho.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, there shouldn't be a rule -- that's dumb.

Nice use of "uppity blacks" tho.
    You seem upset you can't use it in everyday speech anymore. Now you can only call them "petty."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eventually all you're going to be able to watch are Duck Dynasty and Antonio Sabato, Jr. movies, I guess.
    I've never watched Duck Dynasty and have never heard of Antonio Sabato, Jr.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are wrong, they still will have Nascar and WWE wrastling to always fall back on. I for one hope they follow through this time and ban everything. It will make for a lot less lines. Heck I might even start going to games again now that these people are banning everything.
    Never watched Nascar or WWE wrestling either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem upset you can't use it in everyday speech anymore. Now you can only call them "petty."
    From Louis Armstrong to the N.F.L.: Ungrateful as the New Uppity
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...ocial_facebook

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't give a about the debt. And all you ever rant about is how you want to destroy the safety net but turn a blind eye to every other thing that contributes to our debt. You already established you think people who complain about America are whiners who hate America. Also LOL at the idea that dying because you can't afford your drugs or treatment or going into medical bankruptcy like you're itching for a return to with Trumpcare aren't real problems for Americans. LOL that Americans don't have real problems.
    It's relative - are you really trying to compare being in America to being in some poor, third-world country? No one has to starve here - go to the local food bank or shelter or apply for food stamps. If some disaster happens (like hurricanes), Americans are gonna get help. They're going to drop food, supplies or look for you. If you're from a lot of other countries, don't expect the same level of help or as quickly.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's relative - are you really trying to compare being in America to being in some poor, third-world country?
    No, you are. You literally do it again in the next sentence below.

No one has to starve here - go to the local food bank or shelter or apply for food stamps. If some disaster happens (like hurricanes), Americans are gonna get help. They're going to drop food, supplies or look for you. If you're from a lot of other countries, don't expect the same level of help or as quickly.
    No one has to declare medical bankruptcy in most of the first world or be denied healthcare because they have pre-existing conditions. But you have a hard-on for a return of both via Trumpcare.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No one has to declare medical bankruptcy in most of the first world or be denied healthcare because they have pre-existing conditions.
    If she moves to Jamaica after retiring from her government job, she won't have those worries.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Not really. It’s more like saying you to pansy ass liberals.
    No, its like saying " you" to the United States of America....for four straight years.

You cared so little about our country you were willing to vote for someone completely ridiculous. Trump is stranger than fiction. If this were a movie, I would criticize it for being absurd. "The country would never vote for someone that cartoonish. He has to be commander in chief of the military etc. "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cared so little about our country you were willing to vote for someone completely ridiculous.
    Just to spite people who believe in different things.

Sad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If she moves to Jamaica after retiring from her government job, she won't have those worries.
    Jamaica houses the University of West Indies which produces many physicians - there is no cap on residencies there like what Medicare places on the US residencies so the supply is high and therefore medical is cheap. Most don't have insurance - they just go to the doctor when they're sick. And people don't sue others (whether doctors or accidents/anything) as they do here - totally different system/culture.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jamaica houses the University of West Indies which produces many physicians - there is no cap on residencies there like what Medicare places on the US residencies so the supply is high and therefore medical is cheap. Most don't have insurance - they just go to the doctor when they're sick. And people don't sue others (whether doctors or accidents/anything) as they do here - totally different system/culture.
    How many medical bankruptcies per year in Jamaica?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cared so little about our country you were willing to vote for someone completely ridiculous.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    No, its like saying " you" to the United States of America....for four straight years.

You cared so little about our country you were willing to vote for someone completely ridiculous. Trump is stranger than fiction. If this were a movie, I would criticize it for being absurd. "The country would never vote for someone that cartoonish. He has to be commander in chief of the military etc. "
    Trump is doing fine. That has to be driving you crazy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump is doing fine. That has to be driving you crazy.
    In what way is he doing fine?

The stock market?

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    In what way is he doing fine?

The stock market?
    He tweets too much. Other than that he’s doing fine.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He tweets too much. Other than that he’s doing fine.
    How do you quantify his doing fine?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes he reads the intelligence reports he's given, if they're short and pandering enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Why don't you advise them to leave now?
    Considering they are 8 and 6, they really can't.

So which is it? Are you condemning the nfl players for bringing light to the problems of America? Are you standing in solidarity with Trump? Because you clearly have a problem with me not having a hard on for everything USA. Are you a hypocrite or just a racist?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because you clearly have a problem with me not having a hard on for everything USA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate that when I turn on Fox Sports and Pop starts spouting off about Trump in the middle of the ing game.
    But as a Spur fan, I do listen to the players' and coaches interviews and read articles posted on the Spurs. Couldn't avoid hearing him if I followed the team closely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But as a Spur fan, I do listen to the players' and coaches interviews and read articles posted on the Spurs. Couldn't avoid hearing him if I followed the team closely.
    Trigger warning.

Thread Information