• All-star

101 46.33%
  • Good Role player

34 15.60%
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And all that has nothing to do with Kawhi or anyone else outside of Josh Howard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is under the Spurs umbrella and based on reports is a hard working, quiet dude on his own. He still lives with his mom.

Not to mention that just going off on pure physique, Howard never had the physical specimen type body Kawhi has. Even if their at udes were the same Kawhi would have a higher ceiling based on his physique alone tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    top 10 and top 15 when he isn't even the clear cut 3rd best player on his own team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    top 10 and top 15 when he isn't even the clear cut 3rd best player on his own team.
    9-9 Team without Leonard, 18-7 with, hmmmmmm wonder if that guy is important?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no argument for Kawhi not being at the very least 1a/1b alongside Timmy.

Not sure if trolling or just that re ed. Probably the latter tbh.
    Last edited by FkLA; 01-22-2015 at 12:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to agree kawhi is not CLEARLY the best player in the team. But you are talking about a team with the best PF ever who seems not to age and 2 other HOFers.

Tim Duncan is still the most important Spur. MVParker is the engine. But Kawhi is the lubrication to the entire machine. Spurs don't get anywhere without any of those 3.

and yes, Kawhi has been playing as top 10 player in the league since his injury. Hopefully this will continue.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    and yes, Kawhi has been playing as top 10 player in the league since his injury.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Since Mo Williams scored 50 the other night, he had a stretch in which he was clearly the best player in the NBA by a mile, since for a stretch, he averaged 50 ppg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree 3 games is not much. we'll revisit in 2 weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see him someday as a 17-20 ppg, 8 rpg, with ~1.5 blocks and 4 steals per game defensive monster. Really at this point, it's how much effort Kawhi himself puts in. He has a fantastic feel for the game and reacts on defense extremely quickly. He also has much better handles than he's given credit for, although he still needs to improve those as well.

His ceiling is pretty damn high. The trade for George Hill looks more and more genius every day.
    4 steals

But everything else is pretty close IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "the world, Chico. and everything in it..."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching him today, and the few times where he runs the pick and roll, he really has all the necessary tools to become a superstar one day, IMO.
    I actually think the pnr is by far the weakest part of his game. He has finding angles to scrape defenders and dealing with the grabbing and contact to maintain his dribble. He is fine when he is closer to the basket because he can pick the ball up and use that athleticism. Up high he will lose the handle when making those cuts and getting hit. He'll let the ball get wide on him and make a mess when he tries to recover the move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker is a s of himself and is about the worst starting PG in the league defensively. His RAPM numbers are in the toilet.

Leonard is the best rebounding SF in the league, arguably the best perimeter defender in the league, and is a threat to fill up the stat sheet in all categories. Anyone who doesn't think Leonard is at least a top 20 player focuses on raw offensive numbers too much.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who tf knew it wasn't the dro talking when that Dro210 called him the next Pippen.

Pippen 2.0, point forward once parker is gone in 3 yrs, perennial all-star tbh

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    To be fair, the last few poor performances by Kawhi came in games against teams with defensive juggernauts at SF like Matt Barnes, Kyle Singler, and CJ Miles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, the last few poor performances by Kawhi came in games against teams with defensive juggernauts at SF like Matt Barnes, Kyle Singler, and CJ Miles.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jam with the not so subtles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jam goin in knee deep tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never seen Leonard look so gassed as he did last night. In the first quarter no less.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Irrelevant.

I want Leonard on my team over LeBron, MJ, or any other player ever because he is such a great, stand-up guy who does more than just score points, because lets be honest, scoring isn't all that important in basketball. You don't have to outscore your opponent to win games, you can out-rebound, out-defend, and out-class them and still win despite having less points, because scoring means hardly anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he certainly has a place in the NBA, and will consistently be a solid role player, but that's about it. Nothing wrong with that though. I'd say more of a Shane Battier, Tony Allen type of player. Mostly defense, capable of putting up some points when his team needs him to, but not necessarily a scorer.
    Tell me more.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Irrelevant.

I want Leonard on my team over LeBron, MJ, or any other player ever because he is such a great, stand-up guy who does more than just score points, because lets be honest, scoring isn't all that important in basketball. You don't have to outscore your opponent to win games, you can out-rebound, out-defend, and out-class them and still win despite having less points, because scoring means hardly anything.
    Philly with the sarcasm goods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As i expected, his head got too big after winning the FMVP and he has become nonchalant

Take him out of the starting lineup and see how he reacts

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Max player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As i expected, his head got too big after winning the FMVP and he has become nonchalant

Take him out of the starting lineup and see how he reacts
    You want enrique to take 30 shots a game?

Thread Information