Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably if they go for the most talented player it will be a PG if the go for need then any other position. Having CoJo as your second string PG is the same as saying "We going to tank for lottery pick" next year.

Don't get me wrong I would still be happy with Glen Robinson, Mc Daniels, or even Mitch Mc Gary if his back checks out. What I really want though is to do a trade with someone --Green/CoJo ..
    The spurs have cojo under contract for 1 more season only. He has gotten better each season as a spur so they need to decide if he can keep the upward trend going. Cojo is only 22 yrs old, only 1 yr older than say christon, so age is not a factor in my opinion. I do not think any the pg's who will be around are any better at scoring than cojo and cojo is head and shoulders better than them on the defensive end. I have also heard about size being a factor in drafting these pg's, cojo is 6'3, so again not a step up in my book. If winning now is a factor then cojo being the spurs system is a huge plus instead of a brand new rookie learning the system and learning the nba lifestyle. With that said I either want to see a college big or frontcourt player like Mcgary or robinson, followed closely by euro draft and stash player with best player availble on that front.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs have cojo under contract for 1 more season only.
    Not true. Both he and Kawhi have qualifying offers in 2015 as restricted free agents. If no one offers him a contract, or if he so chooses, he can sign the one year tender and be fully unrestricted the following year.

I know your post was pro-Joseph, but I wanted to make sure you had his contract situation right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true. Both he and Kawhi have qualifying offers in 2015 as restricted free agents. If no one offers him a contract, or if he so chooses, he can sign the one year tender and be fully unrestricted the following year.

I know your post was pro-Joseph, but I wanted to make sure you had his contract situation right.
    Understood. But he is still a FA, restricted or unrestricted, he is free to do what he wants to do as a player. A qualifying offer does not gurantee he will be a spur after the following season, that is all i am saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably if they go for the most talented player it will be a PG if the go for need then any other position. Having CoJo as your second string PG is the same as saying "We going to tank for lottery pick" next year.
    I get "best player available", but hopefully there are multiple players in the same tier available and the Spurs can draft the best player at a need position.

As for Joseph, I think he's an effective backup PG. He may not be an explosive scorer, but he's a decent all-around player. I'm confident the Spurs could lose Mills and keep on course with CoJo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Understood. But he is still a FA, restricted or unrestricted, he is free to do what he wants to do as a player. A qualifying offer does not gurantee he will be a spur after the following season, that is all i am saying.
    It's not guaranteed, but the Spurs ultimately control whether he stays or goes after next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he has flaws, but I want Antetokounmpo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he has flaws, but I want Antetokounmpo
    It's crazy that with his size, length, athleticism and overall potential (especially defensively) he's considered a mid-late SECOND round pick. That just goes to show how unbelievably deep this draft is, especially at that hybrid forward position. Here's a list of all the potential SFs with the ones in Spurs draft range (first or second) highlighted. Pretty crazy...

Andrew Wiggins
    Jabari Parker
    Dario Saric
    Doug McDermott
    James Young
    TJ Warren
    Kyle Anderson
    Jerami Grant
    KJ McDaniels
    Rodney Hood
    Cleanthony Early
    DeAndre Daniels
    Glenn Robinson
    Damien Inglis
    LaQuinton Ross
    Thanasis Antetokuonpo
    Josh Huestis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with SFs is do they want to add any more player at that position when you already have Bertans and especially Jean Charles at SF, that'd be the third SF they'd pick in the first round in a row (Kiwi, Livio, ?)...

And there's also a whole lot of PG but I'm not really impressed with any of the semi realistic choices aside from Payton...

Maybe someone like Dinwiddie, a 6"6 combo guard could be a good option... He's has several red flags or he wouldn't be that low but hey it is what it is... I want a ball handler/playmaker with good defensive potential... Elfrid Payton, Dinwiddie, maybe Micic...

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with Baam. If pg is not really a position of need than sf would be about the same. We have 3 small forwards in the pipeline already. We just need to go for best player available. Picking George Hill led to Kawhi Leonard and Davis Bertans. If we can find a player that can be a rotational player with starter potential than thats what we should be looking for.

Tony Parker is most likely going to retire a Spur but a back up that could take his place in the event of a departure would be on the list. Danny Green is here but his contract is up in 2015 as well as Marcos so a sg spot is available for the right pick. Small forward is pretty well stocked with Leonard taking the bulk of the minutes so any pick here that has starter potential could be traded down the road. And that leaves the big spot which Timmy could leave open at any time.

I could see Shabazz Napier with the potential to be a starter for pg and there's Micic, Zach Lavine and Bogdan Bogdanovic as the sg, Deandre, Robinson, or Inglis as the 3, and Austin, Young, Jokic, or Mcgary as the bigs for the 1st round pick.

For the second, Antetokounpo, Kane, Mcadoo but these most likely go draft and stash.
    Last edited by raybies; 04-26-2014 at 03:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deandre daniels would be a great pick up. id put him on the top of my list.

I agree, I think he is "Spurs" type of guy. I thought he was returning to UConn, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with SFs is do they want to add any more player at that position when you already have Bertans and especially Jean Charles at SF, that'd be the third SF they'd pick in the first round in a row (Kiwi, Livio, ?)...

And there's also a whole lot of PG but I'm not really impressed with any of the semi realistic choices aside from Payton...

Maybe someone like Dinwiddie, a 6"6 combo guard could be a good option... He's has several red flags or he wouldn't be that low but hey it is what it is... I want a ball handler/playmaker with good defensive potential... Elfrid Payton, Dinwiddie, maybe Micic...
    LJC is a PF, but I take your point. I think a facilitating combo guard or mobile big are better fits, but I could still see the Spurs going with a SF given Kawhi's versatility to play/defend three positions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another interesting guy declared today in Spencer Dinwiddie from Colorado. He can do a little bit of everything...score, distribute, rebound, and defend. He tore his ACL earlier this year, so obviously he wouldn't be an immediate contributor. But as we face Manu retiring, the Spurs will need another backcourt player focused on distributing and playmaking. Dinwiddie may be a good value pick at the end of the first.

He's listed as the #25 pick in the 2015 draft on DX right now, so it'll be interesting to see where he debuts when the next listing comes out since he's now officially in this draft.
    Debuted at #47, probably due to question marks around how he'll recover from the ACL tear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, I think he is "Spurs" type of guy. I thought he was returning to UConn, though.
    Entering per Woj on Twitter yesterday. I would embed the tweet, but I don't know how.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And there's also a whole lot of PG
    Truth is, there's a whole lot of everything in this draft. Combo guards that can score and facilitate...LaVine, Bogdanovic, Payton, Micic, Dinwiddie, Clarkson, Marble. The athletic bigs...Capela, Payne, McGary, Austin, Klimenko, Young, Powell, Jefferson, Birch, McAdoo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah this draft is so deep it is hard to figure out who goes when

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with Baam. If pg is not really a position of need than sf would be about the same. We have 3 small forwards in the pipeline already. We just need to go for best player available. Picking George Hill led to Kawhi Leonard and Davis Bertans. If we can find a player that can be a rotational player with starter potential than thats what we should be looking for.

Tony Parker is most likely going to retire a Spur but a back up that could take his place in the event of a departure would be on the list. Danny Green is here but his contract is up in 2015 as well as Marcos so a sg spot is available for the right pick. Small forward is pretty well stocked with Leonard taking the bulk of the minutes so any pick here that has starter potential could be traded down the road. And that leaves the big spot which Timmy could leave open at any time.

I could see Shabazz Napier with the potential to be a starter for pg and there's Micic, Zach Lavine and Bogdan Bogdanovic as the sg, Deandre, Robinson, or Inglis as the 3, and Austin, Young, Jokic, or Mcgary as the bigs for the 1st round pick.

For the second, Antetokounpo, Kane, Mcadoo but these most likely go draft and stash.
    Napier won't be a good NBA player, too small.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another baller just entered. Jordan adams. he should fall close to our first so more likely hood we walk away with a solid prospect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Through draft or free agency we have to get a backup PG who can keep there dribble alive and create for other players. (Semaj Christon- Vasilje Micic). We then need to get rid of Danny Green he is OK as a backup but he is not close to starting material (Adam Hanga) not sure if he is good enough to replace him but I know he can dribble and not turn the ball over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another baller just entered. Jordan adams. he should fall close to our first so more likely hood we walk away with a solid prospect.
    Good news. He seems to be one-dimensional, but it's a dimension the Spurs tend to covet; shooting. I think in the least it adds another prospect to this already deep group.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nurkic:
    Nbadraft has him at #34
    Draftexpress at #11

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Player profile:
    http://www.eurohopes.com/player/1478...aps-porzingis/

Another interesting option, projected to be the 23rd pick by DX. Pretty impressive that he is 18 and already getting regular minutes for an ACB team. Also can't hurt to have another Latvian to go along with Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players I could see falling in the draft, Capela, Grant, Mcdaniels, Porzingis , Hairston , Payton , and Payne . but of all these I would like Payne or Porzingis. Don't know much about Porzingis but from what I seen he's a young with potential.

our serbian ties might lead us to a bogdanovic, micic, and jokic which of whom are Serbs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I read, the more I like Inglis. 6'9 240 with a 7'3 wingspan and shooting nearly 39% from 3 with the kid still only 18.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nurkic:
    Nbadraft has him at #34
    Draftexpress at #11
    11 is too high for him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It should be noted the International prospects can still withdraw if this is the first draft they've declared for. I guarantee some are just declaring for the exposure and to get a gauge on their draft stock. It's good they're in for now, but it likely won't stay this way.

Thread Information