Page 10 of 134 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No - you are just being insanely dumb. There is zero chance you really believe DM is a better passer or defender than TP at the moment. If you do believe that, then there is really nothing left to say because that is just silly.

If you don't believe DM is better than TP at passing/defending then you already know starting DM would make the team worse.
    That's why you suck at evaluating talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shhhhhh, girl

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like 2 ing years ago all over again, got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why you suck at evaluating talent.
    Not that I have, or want a bone in this debate (I find it interesting..), but that post didn't make any sense relating to his post.
    If you could clarify the context, I personally would appreciate it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't make any sense.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that I have, or want a bone in this debate (I find it interesting..), but that post didn't make any sense relating to his post.
    If you could clarify the context, I personally would appreciate it.
    dude has been slurping Tony even when he was trash. Still slurping him and is getting in the way of him evaluating DM.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why should anyone take this guys word when he was ing dead wrong about tony th past 2years. Anyone...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love reading DPG's conversations with dabom. I have the letter on ignore, so I have no context for DPG's reactions.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your assessments are , got.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook is a top 10 worst poster on here. Along with SAGirl.

Like no one takes that guy serious anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude has been slurping Tony even when he was trash. Still slurping him and is getting in the way of him evaluating DM.
    Why should anyone take this guys word when he was ing dead wrong about tony th past 2years. Anyone...
    It's like 2 ing years ago all over again, got.
    Obviously you being a Tony fan boy even though it was right in your ing face he was trash for the last 2 years and it took you until recently and now you still ing cant see it. It's you dude. It's that porker fanboyism screwing with you.
    No he ain't you stupid .

ty posters.
    You're annoying as heck.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're annoying as heck.
    Thanks for helping in summarizing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anybody remember how bad Tony was as a rookie? He was a blur to the bucket, and he could feed Timmy in the post, and that is pretty much all. (As hard as Pop ripped him, it is pretty remarkable that he survived that first season.) And we still won 58 games. Part of me wishes that Pop would just throw Dijon out there and only resort to Tony if necessary - like a back-up pitcher. I'm just not sure how much worse Dijon could be than Tony was his rookie season. Just like It was very unlikely we were going to beat the Lakers that season, it is unlikely that we can overcome the Dubs this season. Cir stances are favorable to fast-track Dijon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, we have come so far as spurs fans. lol you guys give up too fast on these young players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for helping in summarizing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anybody remember how bad Tony was as a rookie? He was a blur to the bucket, and he could feed Timmy in the post, and that is pretty much all. (As hard as Pop ripped him, it is pretty remarkable that he survived that first season.) And we still won 58 games. Part of me wishes that Pop would just throw Dijon out there and only resort to Tony if necessary - like a back-up pitcher. I'm just not sure how much worse Dijon could be than Tony was his rookie season. Just like It was very unlikely we were going to beat the Lakers that season, it is unlikely that we can overcome the Dubs this season. Cir stances are favorable to fast-track Dijon.
    There is really no reason to change a SL (especially with a 19 year old rookie that has a lot of flaws) that won 67 games. I know people focus on the result only but SA was right there in the OKC series and that was with the same TP you all hate.

Tim was hobbled and a huge reason why SA did not advance. SA replaced Tim with a better overall player in Pau. There is literally no reason to take TP out in favor of Murray. If SA had gotten another PG that would be fine but TP is so clearly the best PG on the team still and the team is going to be damn good.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Tony ain't helping. He can get the out. Like his past 2 playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is really no reason to change a SL (especially with a 19 year old rookie that has a lot of flaws) that won 67 games. I know people focus on the result only but SA was right there in the OKC series and that was with the same TP you all hate.

Tim was hobbled and a huge reason why SA did not advance. SA replaced Tim with a better overall player in Pau. There is literally no reason to take TP out in favor of Murray. If SA had gotten another PG that would be fine but TP is so clearly the best PG on the team still and the team is going to be damn good.
    I don't hate TP. I just believe the stars are aligned well for this team to force-feed Dijon as Pop once force-fed TP. If we have to wait 2-3 years for Dijon to take over, LMA will be on the decline, and we will be facing contractual negotiations with him and Kawhi. I'd much rather have some young guys who are already productive surrounding Kawhi when other teams come a-poachin'.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hate TP. I just believe the stars are aligned well for this team to force-feed Dijon as Pop once force-fed TP. If we have to wait 2-3 years for Dijon to take over, LMA will be on the decline, and we will be facing contractual negotiations with him and Kawhi. I'd much rather have some young guys who are already productive surrounding Kawhi when other teams come a-poachin'.
    I'm saying I think the timing is really bad. There is no superstar like Tim to make up for a lot of flaws of a team (despite having really good LMA/Kawhi combo) and the SL with TP last year, that I think can be reasonably argued as improved this year, won a ton of games and will continue to.

There is no reason to force feed a young and inferior player when you are a top 5 team returning an improved SL that won 67 games. The ceiling is already championship level. It lowers the floor significantly IMO without raising the ceiling at all.

If you want to speed up Murray's curve you do that at the expense of Mills and any other back up guard (not Manu). You don't have to put him in the SL for no purpose other than you want to see less of TP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm saying I think the timing is really bad. There is no superstar like Tim to make up for a lot of flaws of a team (despite having really good LMA/Kawhi combo) and the SL with TP last year, that I think can be reasonably argued as improved this year, won a ton of games and will continue to.

There is no reason to force feed a young and inferior player when you are a top 5 team returning an improved SL that won 67 games. The ceiling is already championship level. It lowers the floor significantly IMO without raising the ceiling at all.

If you want to speed up Murray's curve you do that at the expense of Mills and any other back up guard (not Manu). You don't have to put him in the SL for no purpose other than you want to see less of TP.
    We were a 58-win team in 2000 before Tony became a rookie starter in 2001. We won 58 games again. In the regular season, I don't place much greater stock in 67 wins in 2015-16 than I do 58 wins in 2000-01. Now that Tim is gone (maybe because he is gone) we need the future to arrive sooner rather than later. As much as I really do love Patty, he is not the future at PG. Neither is Tony.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony also did his regular "playoffs is about to start 'I better start sucking'" like the past 2 years. Dude is washed up. He can't even make a season without sucking ass in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker dominated in his SL debut to the point Seattle offered to trade Payton for him and Boston was kicking themselves in the butts for letting their old fart Auerbach not draft him. Murray showed a little promise and a lot of warts in his SL debut. Dumbomb is re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of everything else with Dijon, and I like him a lot, his ballhandling right now is the most damnning. He had 9 TO games a few 7 TO games and a ton of 4 to 5 TO games in college. I'll find the article and share it later, but aside from everything else he still needs to improve on, the loose handle and the TO IMO is what will push him to the dleague.

Even in SL he lost the handle way too many times with very low ball pressure. He's simply too unreliable to play as a PG right now. I thought maybe playing him off the ball to start his career would be better, but he's a poor of the ball player bc he can't shoot and he's not a cutter, doesn't play like a wing.

He has a lot to work on. I see him in the dleague bc if the Spurs want him to develop his handle and decision making he needs to play with the ball as a playmaker and he won't get sufficient opportunities to do that in the team. And this is coming from someone who likes him.

I expect to see him the most his second season, unless there are injuries, same as other first round picks the team has had lately. Though, the caveat is that it's really up to him. There's no telling how quickly guys this young are still learning and he could learn so fast that by the end of this season he's earned trust from coach. It also depends how many blowout and rest games there are early and how he looks in those.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ?
    Out of everything else with Dijon, and I like him a lot, his ballhandling right now is the most damnning. He had 9 TO games a few 7 TO games and a ton of 4 to 5 TO games in college. I'll find the article and share it later, but aside from everything else he still needs to improve on, the loose handle and the TO IMO is what will push him to the dleague.

Even in SL he lost the handle way too many times with very low ball pressure. He's simply too unreliable to play as a PG right now. I thought maybe playing him off the ball to start his career would be better, but he's a poor of the ball player bc he can't shoot and he's not a cutter, doesn't play like a wing.

He has a lot to work on. I see him in the dleague bc if the Spurs want him to develop his handle and decision making he needs to play with the ball as a playmaker and he won't get sufficient opportunities to do that in the team. And this is coming from someone who likes him.

I expect to see him the most his second season, unless there are injuries, same as other first round picks the team has had lately. Though, the caveat is that it's really up to him. There's no telling how quickly guys this young are still learning and he could learn so fast that by the end of this season he's earned trust from coach. It also depends how many blowout and rest games there are early and how he looks in those.
    Valid. But do you mean "ballhandling" by his dribbling skills and his ability to go where he wants to go, or by his decision making with his passing?
    I find the two called the same, but honestly, two different things.

Thread Information