Page 10 of 95 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't move a 1st unless it was a special return.... and, as you say, it's a sellers market... they shouldn't need to move a 1st and should expect a slight overpay for anything they move out.
    Yeah, you explained it better than I did. If you want to improve, you may be able to do it by moving out less because you also have a piece that other teams want in Aldridge. Many of us are down on him right now, but because it’s a sellers market, you may be able to reduce the price of something else you want by getting more than you otherwise would for LMA.

Trade a first only if it brings you a guy you’re happy sacrificing next year’s free agency for. Because it probably means no cap space + likely using it to resign Demar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento has lost 3 straight, and the rest of February and beginning of March won't be easy. They need to decide if they are trading Hield or Barnes before they extend Bagley into that 20 mill+ salary slot. Barnes has one year left, Hield has 3 remaining. LMA's contract can be used as a third team to get future assets or facilitate for a player that could help the Spurs now. Sacramento gets payroll off their books. But, it depends on if they nose dive toward the start of March.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento has lost 3 straight, and the rest of February and beginning of March won't be easy. They need to decide if they are trading Hield or Barnes before they extend Bagley into that 20 mill+ salary slot. Barnes has one year left, Hield has 3 remaining. LMA's contract can be used as a third team to get future assets or facilitate for a player that could help the Spurs now. Sacramento gets payroll off their books. But, it depends on if they nose dive toward the start of March.
    If we facilitate anything with Sacto we better get Woodard out of the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to play who trades for that horrible Blake Griffin contract???? 39 million player option next year
    OKC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s zero context here but imagine they had Harden, Russ, KD, CP3, and now Griffen and have zero rings to show for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we facilitate anything with Sacto we better get Woodard out of the deal.
    I'd be all for that!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last off seasons guards and forwards signings.

Malik Beasley agrees to a four-year, $60 million contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Bogdan Bogdanovic agrees to a four-year, $72 million contract with the Atlanta Hawks

De'Aaron Fox agrees to a five-year, $163 million (worth up to $195 million) max extension with the Sacramento Kings.

Danilo Gallinari agrees to a three-year, $61.5 million contract with the Atlanta Hawks.

Joe Harris agrees to a four-year, $75 million contract with the Brooklyn Nets

Gordon Hayward agrees to a four-year, $120 million contract with the Charlotte Hornets.

Brandon Ingram agrees to a five-year, $158 million max extension with the New Orleans Pelicans.

Donovan Mitc agrees to a five-year, $163 million (worth up to $195 million) max extension with the Utah Jazz.

Jayson Tatum agrees to a five-year, $163 million (worth up to $195 million) max extension with the Celtics

Fred VanVleet agrees to a four-year, $85 million contract with the Toronto Raptors
    A lot of those players are in their early to mid 20's and are either good 3pt shooters and/ or good defenders. DeRozan is none of those things. He seems to be undervalued by the league because he lacks those two skills and is very ball dominant. He could probably get 3 years, $75-$80 million but the Spurs are flush with guards/wings that can replace most of what he does with increased minutes and usage. I don't think he gets re-signed but could still cash out elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like we've been burned before by giving guys on the wrong side of 30 years old big contracts. Hopefully someone else overpays him and this organization learns from its past.
    Funny thing is that DeMar is young enough and has the skill-set to age fairly well. He can still probably still be a good player for the next three seasons but it simply doesn't make sense for the Spurs to bring him back with Murray, White, KJ, Vassell, and Walker in the fold. I think they should let him walk and see how they'd fair with increased minutes and usage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs find themselves in an awkward spot, as they shouldn’t be sellers as the team is compe ive and should push for the playoffs. However, there aren’t many sellers - especially in the west - and it’ll be a sellers’ market.

Best move may to be a little of each - move LMA to a team where he’s a better fit, and find a better fit to play the 4 / 5 in a pinch. I don’t mind moving out one first rounder given how deep the roster is, with two guys in Luka and Jones likely having bigger roles next season.

A lot depends on if they think Eubanks can eat backup big minutes or if there are other alternatives there. Sounds weird to be concerned with someone who’s outside the top 10 on the roster, but if he’s serviceable it makes it a lot easier to trade LMA.
    Aldridge is owed $27 million once acquired via trade to a trade-kicker. It'll be hard for teams to find matching salary to make a trade work, not to mention Aldridge is a s of his former shelf so they probably wouldn't trade for him if they could.

Spurs should absolutely keep their pick. There's still a decent chance that that ends up being a lottery pick. They have a good track record of finding starters with late firsts, so there's always the chance that they could find a star, even in the late lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of those players are in their early to mid 20's and are either good 3pt shooters and/ or good defenders. DeRozan is none of those things. He seems to be undervalued by the league because he lacks those two skills and is very ball dominant. He could probably get 3 years, $75-$80 million but the Spurs are flush with guards/wings that can replace most of what he does with increased minutes and usage. I don't think he gets re-signed but could still cash out elsewhere.
    It's crazy you think his value is only 80 mil over 3.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Griffin is making LMA look spry these days. Any deal involving Griffin would be a hard "NO".
    You dont trade for griffin for Griffin. You trade him for the asset(s) attached.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...mpression=true

Griffin is on his way out.

Six-time All-Star forward Blake Griffin and the Detroit Pistons have agreed that he will be out of the lineup until the franchise and his representatives work through a resolution on his playing future, Pistons general manager Troy Weaver told ESPN.

The Pistons will continue to pursue trade scenarios involving Griffin and talks on a contract buyout with his agent Sam Goldfeder of Excel Sports could eventually come into focus.

The Pistons are moving toward a rebuild under Weaver, and this gives the franchise a chance to play younger players as Griffin moves toward finding a role on a contending team.

"After extensive conversation with Blake's representatives, it has been determined that we will begin working to facilitate a resolution regarding his future with the team that maximizes the interests of both parties," Weaver told ESPN on Monday. "We respect all the effort Blake has put forth in Detroit and his career and will work to achieve a positive outcome for all involved."

In a statement, Griffin told ESPN: "I am grateful to the Pistons for understanding what I want to accomplish in my career and for working together on the best path forward."

Finding a trade for Griffin -- who's owed a remaining $36.6 million this season, and $39 million in 2021-2022 -- will be a challenge, but the team will continue to seek a deal until the March 25th trade deadline, sources said.

Detroit's entered a full-fledged rebuild under the first-year GM, Weaver, and the opportunity to play the franchise's younger players -- including rookie forward Saddiq Bey -- are taking precedent now.

Injuries have dramatically altered Griffin's game, eliminating the high-flying rim attacks that marked his All-Star career. He's averaging 12.3 points, 5.2 rebounds and 3.9 assists for Detroit this season. Griffin had solid back-to-back performances on Thursday and Friday, including 12 points, six assists and four rebounds in a road victory over the Boston Celtics.

Griffin was traded less than a season into a five-year, $171 million max deal with the LA Clippers, arriving in Detroit in late January of 2018.

Looking at Griffin's stats we have a super bargain on Dejounte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont trade for griffin for Griffin. You trade him for the asset(s) attached.
    We’ve kind of covered this. Detroit’s cupboard is bare, no trade-able firsts for like 6 years. I don’t like their chances of getting out of his deal.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While DDR still hasn't caught up to the three-happy trend, he is getting to the line a ton and is having a great season on offense. He will command big money in free agency imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let him get it somewhere else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let him get it somewhere else
    Agreed...the fact that we play better the less he plays (same with Toronto) should tell ppl all they need to know

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about such an exchange ??
    Spurs: Griffin, Bey, Pick 1rnd21 Bos, Pick 1rnd22 Det, (Maybe something more)
    Celtics : Aldridge, Mills, Ellington, Mykhailiuk
    Pistons: Walker, Lyles

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ostrogi: Murray, White, Jones DeRozan, Walker, Vassell Johnson, Bey, Gay, Griffin, Samanić Poeltl, Eubanks,
    Celtics: Teague, Mills, Pritchard Brown, Smart, Ellington (Langford) Tatum, Mykhailiuk, Nesmith Aldridge, Ojeleje, G. Williams Theis, Thompson, R. Williams

Pistons Walker, Smith Jr Hayes, Wright, McGruder Jackson, Doumbouya, Sirvydis Grant, Lyles Plumlee, Okafor Stewart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about such an exchange ??
    Spurs: Griffin, Bey, Pick 1rnd21 Bos, Pick 1rnd22 Det, (Maybe something more)
    Celtics : Aldridge, Mills, Ellington, Mykhailiuk
    Pistons: Walker, Lyles
    Pistons can't trade picks for a number of years because of the crazy protections they put on the 1st they owe Houston, so no need to bother with these scenarios. No one is touching Griffin's contract, unless it's for a similarly terrible one ( think Kevin Love, Westbrook, John Wall ).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’ve kind of covered this. Detroit’s cupboard is bare, no trade-able firsts for like 6 years. I don’t like their chances of getting out of his deal.
    They'd probably be better off waiving him at this point, and taking the hit. They're likely going to be picking in the top 5 with other prospects like Sekou , Hayes, and Bey already on the roster and Grant too. Could be worse but certainly could be better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've been wondering about Barnes and Bjelica in a deal involving Aldridge, if their looking to clear up their books and provide the Spurs with depth at the four but that would probably require Spurs giving up an asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Griffin is making LMA look spry these days. Any deal involving Griffin would be a hard "NO".
    Straight up.

Apparently in tdays NBA, washed up players can demand trades based on name alone. Griffin is barely a mid-tier player anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been wondering about Barnes and Bjelica in a deal involving Aldridge, if their looking to clear up their books and provide the Spurs with depth at the four but that would probably require Spurs giving up an asset.
    A deal centered around Barnes and Woodard for LMA make sense for both teams really.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Straight up.

Apparently in tdays NBA, washed up players can demand trades based on name alone. Griffin is barely a mid-tier player anymore.
    This is more about the Pistons moving on from Griffin. It would be very awkward to have Griffin staying with the team as an end-if-the-bench player. Really does seem like what’s best for both sides.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A deal centered around Barnes and Woodard for LMA make sense for both teams really.
    They can probably trade Barnes and get an asset back. BOS is interested.

Thread Information