Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe this is similar to the Spurs waive SJAX scenario.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean the Spurs were talking about this guy like they were talking about Murray before he popped. And you would think he was why they agreed to trade DJM. If it is criminal, it will be out before the weekend. People talk. Even if it isn't the police, someone in the chain will talk once the media gets on the case. I mean, even like a 3rd party...friend of a friend...someone knows something and they are going to spill and the sooner they do, the more they get to claim to be the one to say it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t believe how far we have fallen ,this is sad. Our luck has run out. There is a black cloud over this franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if this convo isn’t the definition of the peanut gallery I don’t know what is.

He obviously ed up. This franchise holds players to the strictest level of accountability. Primo was probably never this promising player most here envisioned here anyways but this should be a reminder of where PATFO may have faults of their own.

Lastly, he’s not important enough for real NBA journalist’s to actually investigate or give AF. We might never know what went down because in reality it’s a rounding error and he was a reach of a pick to begin with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s naaaht a toomah…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope this dude ain’t on his way to jail! And why are some of you happy one our young players might of ed up his life?
    I don't think anyone here is happy. This is a no win situation....Spurs lose a valuable player and asset, just hoping this kid didn't do something to sacrifice the rest of his career.

The reaction is moreso just trying to figure out what the happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao jesus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh, you're twisting the words trying to be cute. The point is that assuming you know what a killer looks like or who's harmless based on their appearance is how you end up profiling people. If Primo did something, it doesn't matter what he looked like, and if he didn't, it also doesn't matter. So no, I don't think people are talking about murder because Primo's black, which is what you were trying to suggest. He doesn't "look like a killer", because that's not a thing. No one is reading signs in his face to wonder about that. They're reading a completely absurd situation and trying to draw meaning from it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. Anything in house can be managed until he's traded. Fight a teammate? Bang someone's girl? Throw soup at a coach? Protest coming off the bench?

The ship is so tight that nothing like that might have ever leaked anyway

Right, most of the stuff we heard that came from behind the scenes over the last couple years barely makes it to rumor status. I mean, we don't even know the details with Parker other than he crossed the line and he was married to a movie star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly need to know.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possible. But doubt it everyone will wait till the truth comes out

if it's something minor than a team misses out on picking him up and he can choose wherever he goes. So if a team wants him they don't have the luxury of waiting. Plus there's the prisoner's dilemma scenario where all the teams that can would should wait but if it's a minor issue the team that picks him up gets a cheap former lottery pick
    Doubtful, pop know kids are kids, SJAX basically was a grown ass man who should have known better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SJax's at ude was well do ented and he was an aging vet.

You don't waive a promising young player out of nowhere because of basketball reasons. Suspend him, fine him, bench him....whatever it takes to teach him. But I highly doubt the Spurs are going to sacrifice $8M and one of their bright young stars because he was having at ude.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, most of the stuff we heard that came from behind the scenes over the last couple years barely makes it to rumor status. I mean, we don't even know the details with Parker other than he crossed the line and he was married to a movie star.
    didn't get passed sexting before eva found out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s naaaht a toomah…
    Get to the choppha

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've got to be ing kidding me. There better be a REALLY GOOD ing reason for this .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone here is happy. This is a no win situation....Spurs lose a valuable player and asset, just hoping this kid didn't do something to sacrifice the rest of his career.

Nah, these are grown men acting like attention s at a kids expense. Dudes like this are unfamiliar to me…..

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Disagree on the valuable part, he never looked like .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh, you're twisting the words trying to be cute. The point is that assuming you know what a killer looks like or who's harmless based on their appearance is how you end up profiling people. If Primo did something, it doesn't matter what he looked like, and if he didn't, it also doesn't matter. So no, I don't think people are talking about murder because Primo's black, which is what you were trying to suggest. He doesn't "look like a killer", because that's not a thing. No one is reading signs in his face to wonder about that. They're reading a completely absurd situation and trying to draw meaning from it.
    a) "trying to be cute": , i'm adorable

b) my family guy post was making a joke

c) now you're changing what you said. you didnt say that primo doesnt look like a killer "because that's not a thing." your post literally says he does't "particularly look like a killer". reads quite different

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He obviously ed up. This franchise holds players to the strictest level of accountability. Primo was probably never this promising player most here envisioned here anyways but this should be a reminder of where PATFO may have faults of their own.

Lastly, he’s not important enough for real NBA journalist’s to actually investigate or give AF. We might never know what went down because in reality it’s a rounding error and he was a reach of a pick to begin with.
    If it is a criminal act that got him suspended, the media will care. That sells. But if it is for a stupid reason like he was upset he wasn't starting, then it will be less crazy, but commentators will still use it for the "...best organization in basketball is falling apart" narrative.

Welcome to the present.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ailment cited on the league's official injury report was "Left Glute; Soreness."

read: sore ass loser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To get waived, you'd think it was some horrible criminal act. But then, RC's quote doesn't really make sense if that's the case. Any other scenario (drugs, mental health crisis, fight, etc.), they wouldn't have waived him; they would have just found a way to trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something to do with gambling perhaps? Sharing inside information? ing strange stuff...

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This might be the dumbest take in this entire thread

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, SJAX is a bad comp. And to be honest, the Spurs are responsible for all his success. We kept him in the league when no one wanted him and gave him a stage to showcase his skills and we waived him to create the resentment that he keeps getting on national tv to share.

Though I wish Manu had asked him to be the one to induct him into the HOF instead of Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly need to know.

Thread Information