Miss Cleo
    Again telling us of the future
    You never learn
    I like that about you

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes a cheerer. Best this spurs team has. Hopefully a few more rest games in between .to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sticking with Zollins Dude will rebound…..
    No he doesn’t even do that

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's obviously having a bad year. That doesn't erase that he was playing well last year. Time will tell if he's able to adapt to not being a starter, or if he was just balling to get paid. Right now he should be the third stringer. But it's better to give him time for the tank and his trade value then use assets to trade him, which they aren't doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lollins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chance we can ship this dude out before the deadline? Maybe get a couple of 2nds?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is literally unable to be traded this season. However, I would definitely be penciling in Collins/Graham or Collins/Johnson ballast packages for summer trades.

I don't even think Zach's been all that bad. I think it's more like he's cursed. The ball just seems to hate him. Some of the things he's doing are bad decisions, and some are things like his race making opponents feel confident going at him (think the opposite of the effect Victor's length has. But the extent to which his passes get fumbled, rebounds bounce of his hands, open shots clang off the rim or players finish through contact on him just reinforces how unfortunate he's been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say I've always hated the goon aspect of Collins' presence. It was one thing he was playing well. But now that he's not, it just seems horrible. I'm happy that Sochan has toned that down this year.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say I've always hated the goon aspect of Collins' presence. It was one thing he was playing well. But now that he's not, it just seems horrible. I'm happy that Sochan has toned that down this year.
    Though gotta admit this was funny as the other night

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is literally unable to be traded this season. However, I would definitely be penciling in Collins/Graham or Collins/Johnson ballast packages for summer trades.

I don't even think Zach's been all that bad. I think it's more like he's cursed. The ball just seems to hate him. Some of the things he's doing are bad decisions, and some are things like his race making opponents feel confident going at him (think the opposite of the effect Victor's length has. But the extent to which his passes get fumbled, rebounds bounce of his hands, open shots clang off the rim or players finish through contact on him just reinforces how unfortunate he's been.
    He's been terrible and will be extremely difficult to move in the off season.

Still, they should try. I doubt the Hawks would do it because of the extra season, but I'd offer him for Capela in the off season.

Another option, if he can be pawned off without a rotational C coming back, is targeting Bitadze and Hartenstein.

Get a real C, not a broken player who has to play it by default.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless the Spurs are going for a high profile FA for next season, it makes no sense to shop him in the summer, it'll cost something significant and it won't be really necessary. I think he's more likely to be moved in the '25 offseason or '25-'26 trade deadline, then he'll be an expiring used as sallary ballast without much problem.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should never be out their vs other teams starters but Victors horrific minutes rotation makes him basically play them more than Victor does. He’s subbing in the first 4-5 minutes then playing starters for 7-8 minutes. Then at the start of the second Victor plays for 4-5 minutes and Collins finishes the half vs the starters again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins last ten games 37.7% from the field 11.1% from three and 62.5 from the line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins last ten games 37.7% from the field 11.1% from three and 62.5 from the line.
    Yikes! What happened with this guy. I remember he was playing well, even has the dog in him, but now seems to be a liability on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach shot the 3 well in December (.378) but fell off a cliff in January (.133) and is 0-3 to start February (and they aren't particularly close).

How has he not been given a complete red light to shoot by now? Spurs must be thinking they can work him out of a slump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Zollins will rebound.

And I mean, litterally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was literally punched in the face

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs desperately need to convert Barlow to a full contract as soon as the trade deadline passes. God I knew Collins was playing like but didn't know his numbers were that trash lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miss Cleo says wait and see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs desperately need to convert Barlow to a full contract as soon as the trade deadline passes. God I knew Collins was playing like but didn't know his numbers were that trash lately.
    Not playing to hot right now….its a down year across the board. If he is still playing like trash I’ll be more concerned

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know it! I’ll be that for you boys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miss Cleo crystal ball is broke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know it! I’ll be that for you boys
    a true bottom

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins was -27 against Cleveland in the 20 minutes he played. Victor was +10. They lost by 16 points.

As awful as Collins has been shooting and especially from distance, his defense is even more atrocious. He gets manhandled by bigger guys and torched by smaller guys. I can't believe how much he's regressed from the end of last season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins was -27 against Cleveland in the 20 minutes he played. Victor was +10. They lost by 16 points.

As awful as Collins has been shooting and especially from distance, his defense is even more atrocious. He gets manhandled by bigger guys and torched by smaller guys. I can't believe how much he's regressed from the end of last season.
    Agreed, but I guess it goes to show how useless post-deadline tankball is when the rest of the league stops trying, either to preserve health for playoff teams or tanking for a better pick

Collins
    Champagnie
    Branham

They all were doing great in tank season but have been disasters when teams are really trying

Thread Information