Page 100 of 143 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would anyone do a Scola/Solomon Hill(/potential future first) for Beli/Ayres/30 trade?

I think I'd do it if the Pacers added a pick, but I'd be much more on the fence, otherwise. Scola is a good fit for the fourth-big role, and he'd obvious fit in like a dream, chemistry-wise. Solomon Hill is a good SF prospect who is developing three-point range. Hill doesn't get time with the Pacers, though, so he and Scola are pretty much on the outs in Indiana right now. Beli would be a really good wing for them, since he's a scorer, and they can finally and Ayres has experience playing the Finals, and that has to count for something.

If the Spurs did that trade and used their MLE wisely, I think they'd be a better team than they were last year. However, I think signing McRoberts and drafting a good player at 30 would also lead to that result. It just really depends if Hill would be better than anyone the team could draft at 30.
    I'm not taking this trade. Im convinced there will be at least one all star caliber player falling to us in this draft, we just need to identify him. Of course the draft is a total crapshoot, so even if we don't get the Millsap, Gasol, Dragic quality player that I expect will be there I think the draft is deep enough that we can find a rotation quality player for the future.

I like the Scola fit but if we're bringing back Diaw I don't think we need him enough to risk giving up the #30.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ trying to pull off yet another heist on the Pacers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not touching belli until I know what Mills is doing. I'd rather move Cojo to the pacers who are in need of pg help.

Ayers had a crap year last year, yes. But if he sticks around, I think he'll show improvement. Really if he can just improve on pick and roll D it'd be a big.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would anyone do a Scola/Solomon Hill(/potential future first) for Beli/Ayres/30 trade?

I think I'd do it if the Pacers added a pick, but I'd be much more on the fence, otherwise. Scola is a good fit for the fourth-big role, and he'd obvious fit in like a dream, chemistry-wise. Solomon Hill is a good SF prospect who is developing three-point range. Hill doesn't get time with the Pacers, though, so he and Scola are pretty much on the outs in Indiana right now. Beli would be a really good wing for them, since he's a scorer, and they can finally and Ayres has experience playing the Finals, and that has to count for something.

If the Spurs did that trade and used their MLE wisely, I think they'd be a better team than they were last year. However, I think signing McRoberts and drafting a good player at 30 would also lead to that result. It just really depends if Hill would be better than anyone the team could draft at 30.
    It is intriguing, but I resist simply because it usually takes a year for a new player to the Spurs to become fully acquainted and familiar with the Spurs system. Beli in particular did reasonably well this year despite that and should improve greatly because of his high BB IQ. The same could be said for Ayers to a lessor extent and they are both younger. Scola is getting up there in age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scola would only be worth it if taking over Ayers spot. He'd definitely be an upgrade even at his current age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I would love to have Scola as SAS 4th BIG, but I would wait because there's a decent chance that Indy waives Scola. He is only 940k guaranteed.

Dream scenario would be : keeping Beli, signing Scola and still having the MLE to bring another piece or two.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind Scola either especially with Manu still here, but not in a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scola is practically done, but Ayres ain't . (Sorry, Ayres.) I wouldn't mind Scola at the end of the bench. Who knows, he could turn a game or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how smart trading Beli would be. Sure he under-performed in the playoffs but with Manu playing international ball he's going to be counted upon to play heavy minutes next year. He played fantastic all season long this year. I would prefer to keep him with Manu about to turn 37.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus Beli will be in his second season with corporate knowledge this time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how smart trading Beli would be. Sure he under-performed in the playoffs but with Manu playing international ball he's going to be counted upon to play heavy minutes next year. He played fantastic all season long this year. I would prefer to keep him with Manu about to turn 37.
    Not sure what you watched but he has been bad since the all star break and had ty advanced stats all season tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what you watched but he has been bad since the all star break and had ty advanced stats all season tbh...
    He had a great season off the bench. Teams started to pay more attention to him after the 3 pt contest but all in all he put together a solid season with solid numbers (49% from field, 43% from three)

For comparison Manu shot 47% from the field and 37% from three during the year.

I know Beli is nothing but a glorified regular season player but that's important for the Spurs. Especially with Manu playing international ball. Marco is going to be needed next year and him having a year in the system should help.

The Spurs plan next year is going to be "pile up as many wins while barely playing Manu and Duncan". Marco helps them do this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs plan next year is going to be "pile up as many wins while barely playing Manu and Duncan". Marco helps them do this.
    Agree. They can put Ginobili on ice for 62 games and I'd be happy. Belinelli's really important here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If nothing else I hope they dump Beli in some random deal now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm still holding out hope for a Bogdan trade. I think Beli, 58, and 60 shoulda been near value. Now, maybe Beli and a distant future 2nd. Future 2nds could be high value. Sell them on the "Duncan, Manu will be gone so we'll suck" possum strategy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm still holding out hope for a Bogdan trade. I think Beli, 58, and 60 shoulda been near value. Now, maybe Beli and a distant future 2nd. Future 2nds could be high value. Sell them on the "Duncan, Manu will be gone so we'll suck" possum strategy.
    Belinelli is worth about 100 Bodgans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for crackpot theories purposes, Capela can still be traded until the July 1st or did I get it wrong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for crackpot theories purposes, Capela can still be traded until the July 1st or did I get it wrong?
    Yeah. He can also be traded in principle between July 1 and 10. There's a good chance of that happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we could trade beli for a kick in the butt, that would be awesome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    ESPN has learned that Toronto Raptors are in advanced trade discussions to deal John Salmons to Atlanta for Lou Williams. Story going online

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
    Toronto has traded John Salmons to Atlanta for Lou Williams and Bebe Nugiera, source tells Yahoo.

Last edited by ace3g; 06-29-2014 at 07:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great deal by the Raps, but a puzzling one for the Hawks. They don't need cap space. I don't see why they'd give up a prospect and a decent scorer to get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bebe was very immature and y when was young. Maybe that hasn't changed.

Hawks are definitely selling him low here. They give up a young Center, former 1st round pick to save what ? 4m ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Raptors have lacked an off the bench scorer for a while. If the Raptors can get Lowry re-signed, then Vasquez remains the backup PG and forms an ideal partnership off the bench with Williams, since Williams can defend PG's for Vasquez and Vasquez can allow Williams to play off the ball.

They also lack rim protection off the bench, which will remain a problem in the interim, as Noguiera may not yet come over and even if he does, isn't ready to be a rotation player, particularly for a playoff team. But long term, if he pans out, he'd be a nice fit next to Patterson.

I don't get it for the Hawks. I guess they deemed Noguiera expendable with Tavares in the pipeline, but James and/or Anthony and Bosh, are all pipe dreams and they already had enough for anyone in the next tier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the Hawks just wanted to create cap space to target someone in the FA. Hayward or Parsons make sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, but they're also a pipe dream. There's really no logical explanation for this.

Williams didn't look the same last season, but before his knee injury, he was an elite sixth man and it was year one coming off the injury, plus he's obviously heavily reliant on speed/quickness. Chances are, he bounces back at least somewhat, but if he doesn't, he's off the books next season anyway.

Him alone probably should have been enough for Salmons' contract, or maybe him and a 2nd. Not a 16th pick from a year ago, even if it was a terrible draft and he is a project.

Thread Information