Page 100 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 5090969798991001011021031041101502006001100 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 40795
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans playing politics with this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It assumes a good size of the other 250 million that are left will also get it, and some will contribute to the total count (at less than 2% rate).

But that's exactly what that tweet was talking about. Without early measures to avoid spreading this thing around, you will have a high rate of infections.

Everything is being shut down. We implemented a very early travel ban -- heavily criticized and not early enough, evidently.

I think there not being enough tests is fair criticism. What else would you want done?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything is being shut down. We implemented a very early travel ban -- heavily criticized and not early enough, evidently.

I think there not being enough tests is fair criticism. What else would you want done?
    How about early action? Trump and his ilk knew about this for months. They're now acting when the virus is in full swing in the states.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about early action? Trump and his ilk knew about this for months. They're now acting when the virus is in full swing in the states.
    We learned about this in late December 2019.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cy/4625299002/

Months?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's this based on?
    It's really not that surprising a number, very well within the bounds of reasonable guesses. 40% to 70% worldwide infection rate predicted. Split the difference and call it 55%. 0.7% mortality rate like South Korea measured and you're at 1.26 million dead in the US. Conservatively take that to 1% because of how unprepared we are in addition to our poor health vs Korea (eg we're fat s with bad blood pressure) and now you're at 1.8 million. even at 40% infection rate with 0.7% mortality you're talking 916k dead.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

stimulate their wallets
    They care so much they add poison pills in the midst of a pandemic. #votebluenomatterwho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really not that surprising a number, very well within the bounds of reasonable guesses. 40% to 70% worldwide infection rate predicted. Split the difference and call it 55%. 0.7% mortality rate like South Korea measured and you're at 1.26 million dead in the US. Conservatively take that to 1% because of how unprepared we are in addition to our poor health vs Korea (eg we're fat s with bad blood pressure) and now you're at 1.8 million. even at 40% infection rate with 0.7% mortality you're talking 916k dead.

Do your math on China. Why didn't it happen there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do your math on China. Why didn't it happen there?
    Because it's not over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's not what I want, it's recognizing some morons didn't take this seriously earlier which could've saved lives in the long run.

We're here now, and we'll deal with this under this scenario. But that criticism should be fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount people with the virus would seemingly be very high based on all the famous people that have it now.
    Yup

that's why they are not even going to put the effort to test

no point and it actually would cause more panic. that's the same thing that probably China did. that's why they have their curb down. it just means they slowed down testing. no point.

but still the social distance and strict measures probably helped a lot. I just doubt the #s china shows are reality. USA will do the exact same thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's not over.
    I think they are around 4k deaths and peaked. That country is 1.4B people. We are 300M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Merkel was honest at least. she said 70% would get it in a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they are around 4k deaths and peaked. That country is 1.4B people. We are 300M.
    they took extreme measures. we burned 1.5 trillion $ in 10 minutes and called it a day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not what I want, it's recognizing some morons didn't take this seriously earlier which could've saved lives in the long run.

We're here now, and we'll deal with this under this scenario. But that criticism should be fair.

Criticism is fair, but we are all taking pretty drastic actions now. One of the travelers who came in before the travel ban infected the Seattle area.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    This virus will spread even more rapidly. No way around it. At least with the influenza, we can readily test, vaccinate and treat. With this virus, we cannot do any of the above. Even the testing now takes 2-3 days. The influenza wouldn’t be nearly as bad if all the idiots got their flu shots. If you have no medical reason not the get the flu shot, you’re an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Merkel was honest at least. she said 70% would get it in a year.
    I plan to be part of that 30%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This virus will spread even more rapidly. No way around it. At least with the influenza, we can readily test, vaccinate and treat. With this virus, we cannot do any of the above. Even the testing now takes 2-3 days. The influenza wouldn’t be nearly as bad if all the idiots got their flu shots. If you have no medical reason not the get the flu shot, you’re an idiot.

I may go get one tomorrow.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I may go get one tomorrow.
    Get the pneumonia shot with it.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are trying to implement a permanent policy for a temporary problem.
    You think this is the last pandemic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you honestly telling me you believe it's over there? I mean I would love to be wrong, the virus burns out worldwide thanks to quarantines and maybe only a few thousand die in the US while Trump takes victory laps to a landslide win in November. But the South Korean mortality rate and the transmission rate of 2.5 new infections expectation for each early infection probably doesn't jive with that. Gotta think it's right back to exponential growth once people get out of their houses and back to work there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ero-in-seattle

Seattle’s Patient Zero Spread Coronavirus Despite Ebola-Style Lockdown

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    You think this is the last pandemic?
    Whether he likes it or not, we need better safety nets. We don’t because we don’t plan ahead, we just react to what’s happening. Too many yes people in government afraid to make tough unpopular decisions. People shouldn’t get penalized for getting sick or taking care of sick kids or loved ones. We spend a ton on the military, sport stadiums, etc but not nearly enough on public health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get the pneumonia shot with it.
    You just in with me?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you honestly telling me you believe it's over there? I mean I would love to be wrong, the virus burns out worldwide thanks to quarantines and maybe only a few thousand die in the US while Trump takes victory laps to a landslide win in November. But the South Korean mortality rate and the transmission rate of 2.5 new infections expectation for each early infection probably doesn't jive with that. Gotta think it's right back to exponential growth once people get out of their houses and back to work there.
    the # of positive athletes/coaches confirms the theory that there are millions upon millions infected now

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    That’s exactly what’s gonna happen until their is a vaccine or an actual treatment.

Thread Information