Page 103 of 745 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 18607
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, after all this drama, he better hope that the quad flares up whenever his new team visits San Antonio...that way he can go to NYC instead for rehab...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Made Pop fly all over the country but at least he finally had the balls to agree to at least look the man in the face. Might have been a "goodbye" meeting but at least he's starting to man up a little.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Made Pop fly all over the country but at least he finally had the balls to agree to at least look the man in the face. Might have been a "goodbye" meeting but at least he's starting to man up a little.
    But with a chaperone...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man the boos are gonna come for Kawhi

Maybe Kawhi read my post too much

Hopefully both teams come to their senses and Kawhi signs the supermax

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone talking about Parker's public comments but wasn't he the one heading the player's meeting? Maybe he said something then as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi really is about to me moved (which seems almost inevitable at this point), I’d be willing to be bet Kawhi’s manhood that Pop would trade him to the Clippers for a crappy package of Harris and the 12th & 13th picks in the draft before trading him to the Lakers for a better package centered around Ingram and Kuzma. Sucks but I almost guarantee it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. And since he (or his handlers) say that he's 100%, then the Spurs shouldn't do anything but expect him to show up in training camp.

(Hi, MB.)
    that. Sit him for the entire season and let him and his uncle see how many teams are willing to hand out max contracts to a ass stabber that has missed two straight seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what way for Pop to go out if he does retire after 2020.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also ESPN has been pushing Kawhi to LA the entire time. They even had a front page article about how it would happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also ESPN has been pushing Kawhi to LA the entire time. They even had a front page article about how it would happen.
    Of course they are. SportsCenter is headquartered in LA and regardless, making the Lakers one of the best teams in the league again means Big viewership $$$ for them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can always trade him to the Hornets if they don't get any offers. I know Jordan would be more than willing to take a risk with a 1 year rental of Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've got different definitions of manning up. He's acting precisely like the little kid that is told where to be and when because his handlers are afraid Kawhi might get taken to the woodshed and reveal some inside knowledge of their gameplan. It's laughably pathetic behavior for a man that was groomed to be the player he became by one man (as its face) and one organization.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've got different definitions of manning up. He's acting precisely like the little kid that is told where to be and when because his handlers are afraid Kawhi might get taken to the woodshed and reveal some inside knowledge of their gameplan. It's laughably pathetic behavior for a man that was groomed to be the player he became by one man (as its face) and one organization.
    And "manning up" typically doesn't require a chaperone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Kawhi handled this so badly.

2) Even If TP was a real issue, he can easily be no re-signed.

3) If SA takes on Deng I will stop being a Spurs fan

4) If the best offer is truly something like Ingram + Kuz, even though I know it won’t happen, I hope that with Kawhi saying he’s 100% SA holds him and dares him to sit out knowing its been reported he’s healthy.

If SA doesn’t trade him to the Lakers, besides him costing himself 80M minimum (going from what he could have had with the SuperMax to walking in free agency) so many things can happen if you make him wait a full year:

1) He could get hurt and really screw himself

2) Lakers might get impatient and sign 2 big free agents and not have cap space for him next year

3) Someone like Bron who does sign, even if they don’t sign 2 big free agents, might get hurt and how appealing does that look to Kawhi now?

So many things can happen if you commit to saying there is a bare minimum we will accept or we aren’t trading you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is PATFO so ing silent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is PATFO so ing silent?
    Because the draft which is really important and takes a lot of work is in two days, the have a snake for a “franchise player” they are having to chase and they are on the brink of trying to make a trade?

They are busy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way they cave and give him to Lakers. Lets hope they pull a rabbit out of the hat and get a deal that makes sense. Crazy that in a span of not even a week, i find myself rooting against Kawhi. So unprofessional, and really just straight up childish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich traveled Tuesday to Southern California and met with Kawhi Leonard prior to Thursday's NBA draft, league sources told ESPN.For weeks, Popovich has been working to set up a meeting with Leonard to discuss the issues that have fractured the franchise's relationship with the All-NBA forward and caused him to make public in the media his desire to be traded, league sources said.

Leonard wants a trade to Los Angeles, preferably the Lakers over the Clippers, league sources said. He has privately maintained that he no longer wants to play in San Antonio and will eventually alert rival teams considering trades for him that his intention is to sign in Los Angeles when he can become a free agent in 2019, league sources said.

The Spurs are unlikely to be motivated to facilitate a deal to the Lakers, league sources said.

Leonard, a two-time first-team All-NBA player, can become an unrestricted free agent in 2019. He is eligible to sign a five-year, $219 million super maximum contract with the Spurs this summer.

Leonard had told confidants that he did not want to sit down with Popovich and has been purposely difficult for the Spurs to reach recently. Among the issues, Leonard is angry over what he believes was the Spurs' mishandling of his quad injury, and he remains irate with public comments from teammate Tony Parker and Popovich that he felt were not supportive of him, league sources said.

The Spurs' official priority has been to try to talk with Leonard to work through the issues, league sources said. That has been communicated to those teams seeking trade talks, although the Spurs have encouraged some rival team executives calling about Leonard to present an offer if they so choose, league sources said.

So far, the Spurs have been largely reluctant to give teams guidance on the players, or packages, that would interest them in trades, sources said.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ard-california

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way they cave and give him to Lakers. Lets hope they pull a rabbit out of the hat and get a deal that makes sense. Crazy that in a span of not even a week, i find myself rooting against Kawhi. So unprofessional, and really just straight up childish.
    What took you so long?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't buy ESPNs bull tbh. They're definitely pulling for Kawhi to LA.
    Absolutely, these bas s are doing the dirty work to the fakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a few teams that will take Leonard on a rental and could send us a allstar calibre player in return.

Pistons and Drummond as they are desperate to make a playoffs run and Leonard and griffin could be a good tandem.

Raptors have pieces and want to make for a final, finals run. Who better than a king slayer?

Nuggets have a disappointing Millsap. Only two years left on that huge contract.

Heat have interesting pieces and Riley has the arrogance to believe he could retain Leonard

Blazers want to gut their salary and probably be happy dumping a bad contract like Turner with mccollum attached. Even though Leonard will walk.

Magic desperately want to make the playoffs and have some pieces we could like. Aaron Gordon sign and trade perhaps with Fournier or Ross attached.

Wizards are going to shake things up and perhaps Beal and mahimi would be their answer for a one off run then a retool on free agency the following year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    someone said it before but who can be so mentally re ed to lose 80 million ?. Magic Johnson has broken the rules again and they have promised him something, money whatever.

Again who can think for 1 second of losing 80 million? there is something dark in all this and I hope there is an investigation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What took you so long?
    Was hoping it could be worked out...the recent Espn story line has him looking like a kid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just thinking of watching 2014 finals, but with this happen, it would be hard to not see what Leonard has done this past year. Hopefully I can ignore that sooner rather than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He sabotaged the Spurs for a whole year, and now wants to command where he will be traded. Sure thing, boy. Unless there is a top 4 pick in play or a nice package including Tatum, I would make this bum play another year for the Spurs and prove himself again.

And lol @ those offers from LAL with Kuzma and Ingram. Just another bunch of overrated LA players. See how Nance and Clarkson did in Cleveland.

Thread Information