Page 104 of 152 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3786
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ICE Has Been Wrongly Detaining U.S. Citizens In Florida Jails, Says ACLU

The agency is unlawfully detaining Americans and threatening them with deportation — not just in Florida, but nationwide

many U.S. citizens — potentially numbering in the hundreds — are being wrongly detained for deportation every year after Immigration and Customs Enforcement misidentifies them as undo ented immigrants.

“ICE appears to be asking Miami-Dade County to jail a number of U.S. citizens every month, even though citizens can’t be deported or held by ICE,” the ACLU said.

Between February 2017 and February 2019,

ICE issued detainers for 420 people listed in Miami-Dade County jail records as U.S. citizens,

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ice-detainers-miami-florida-aclu_n_5c92c7c3e4b01b140d3536d9?ncid=newsltushpmgn ews__TheMorningEmail__032119

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Growing Epidemic of Cops Shooting Family Dogs

“In too much of policing today, officer safety has become the highest priority.

It trumps the rights and safety of suspects.

It trumps the rights and safety of bystanders.

It’s so important, in fact, that
    an officer’s subjective fear of a minor wound from a dog bite is enough to justify using potentially lethal force,

in this case at the expense of a 4-year-old girl.

And this isn’t the first time.

In January, an Iowa cop
    shot and killed a woman by mistake while trying to kill her dog.

Other cops have shot
    other kids,

other bystanders,

their partners,

their supervisors and

even themselves while firing their guns at a dog.

That mind-set is then, of course, all the more problematic when it comes to using force against people.”

—Journalist Radley Balko

The absurd cruelties of the American police state keep reaching newer heights.

Consider that if you kill a police dog, you could face a longer prison sentence than if you’d murdered someone or abused a child.

If a cop kills your dog, however, there will be little to no consequences for that officer.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/03/22/the-growing-epidemic-of-cops-shooting-family-dogs/
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-24-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West Virginia cops minimize woman’s gun-waving and lies that resulted in arrest of Egyptian citizen

a woman who pulled a gun on a man she accused of trying to abduct her daughter has completely recanted her story,

In a press conference Tuesday,
    Barboursville Police Sgt. Anthony Jividen announced the news with something resembling a straight face and nothing resembling contrition.

The wrongly accused man, a 54-year-old Egyptian national
    in town on business, required an Arabic translator when he was

arrested,
    arraigned,
    forced to surrender his passport, and
    held on $200,000 bond
    within seven hours of the crime
    that did not happen—
    as well as subjected to a widely publicized perp walk.

Why?

Because he patted a 5-year-old girl on the head, and smiled.

The complaint says

the suspect "grabbed the child by the hair and

attempted to pull her away," and

then the little girl "dropped to the floor

with the male still pulling her away."

Police say the mother then pulled out a handgun and told the suspect to let go of the child.

The mother told police the man then let go of the girl and ran out of the store into the mall.

During the interview with the mother, detectives say they discovered more inconsistencies to the original statement.

She eventually told detectives that she might have misjudged the suspect’s actions,

overreacted to the uninvited touching of her daughter, and

misinterpreted the intentions of [the man].

The mother also told police

the more she thought about it,

the more she realized it might have been a cultural misunderstanding and [the man]

might have just been patting her daughter on the head and smiling.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/4/2/1847316/-West-Virginia-cops-minimize-woman-s-gun-waving-and-lies-that-resulted-in-arrest-of-Egyptian-citizen

Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-03-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Rural County Owes $28 Million for Wrongful Convictions. It Doesn’t Want to Pay.

Ms. Gonzalez was one of six innocent people who collectively spent 77 years in prison in the murder of a 68-year-old woman named Helen Wilson, whose death haunted this rural county for decades.

Now, years after DNA evidence exonerated the defendants,

they are about to collect a $28 million civil rights judgment against

Gage County, which prosecuted them based on false confessions.

nearly all of its 22,000 residents must foot the bill by paying hundreds or thousands of dollars in higher property taxes.

The Beatrice case is an extreme example of the difficulties faced by those who have been promised compensation for being wrongfully convicted and spending years behind bars.

residents say they should not be held financially responsible for an investigation and prosecution that unfolded more than three decades ago.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/01/us/beatrice-six-nebraska.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deputy On Leave After Video Shows Officers Slamming Teen’s Head, Punching Him

South Florida sheriff’s office has placed a deputy on administrative leave after a video appeared to show officers pepper-spraying a teenager,

tackling him to the ground, and

one deputy slamming the teen’s head on the ground and punching him.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/broward-deputy-on-leave-after-arrest_n_5cbc75c6e4b068d795cd9c7d?ncid=newsltushpm gnews__TheMorningEmail__042219

see the video, VERY clear

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Five years later, some fear Orange County jail snitch scandal will go unpunished

Nearly five years have passed since a lawyer representing the man who slaughtered eight people inside a Seal Beach salon first raised questions about the way investigators used informants inside Orange County’s jails.

The accusation — that sheriff’s deputies planted a prolific snitch in the cell of confessed killer Scott Dekraai in the hopes of eliciting information without his lawyer present, and then covered up their uncons utional actions — seemed outlandish at the time. But jailhouse records soon proved otherwise

But to date, no one has been disciplined, fired or prosecuted for misconduct.

And on Friday,
    a deputy attorney general said that

the state investigation into the case — the only avenue for criminal charges — has been closed.

Meanwhile, some individuals who oversaw the jails or Dekraai’s case at the time of the alleged misconduct have received promotions.

In March, two deputies under investigation for their role in the scandal quietly retired.

For those closest to the case, there is a fear that the public will never truly know what went on inside Orange County’s jails.

Local watchdogs and civil liberties advocates have long contended

there are more cases tainted by informant misuse — affecting more than 140 additional defendants, according to some court filings.

Information that spilled out of the Dekraai hearings already has

led to retrials in more than a dozen criminal cases, including several murders.

“I’m trying to get closure. There is no doubt.

But the amount of resources and time that this agency is investing in complying is really intense,”

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-orange-county-informant-scandal-answers-20190421-story.html#nws=mcnewsletter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-23-2019 at 01:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Race soldiers almost executed black couple

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one in a million

Ex-Officer Sentenced to 25 Years in Black Motorist's Killing

A former Florida police officer was sentenced to 25 years in prison Thursday for the fatal on-duty shooting of a black musician whose SUV had broken down after a late-night concert.

Former Palm Beach Gardens officer Nouman Raja was the first person in Florida in nearly 30 years to be convicted and sentenced for an on-duty killing — and one of only a few nationwide.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/ex...rists-killing/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A pregnant inmate came to term in jail. Lawyers say she was forced to give birth there — alone.

the full-term 34-year-old with a mental illness began complaining to officers about contractions around 3 a.m., April 10, the Miami Herald first reported.

More than four hours later, members of the sheriff’s office spoke to the on-call doctor, who said "he would check when he arrived,” according to Finkelstein.

And when the physician clocked in, he did.

That was around 10 a.m.

For the seven preceding hours, Jackson was locked in a jail cell, alone.

She was bleeding, in labor, and then forced to birth her baby on her own —

conduct which Finkelstein called “outrageous” and “inhumane” treatment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...nl_most&wpmm=1

.... if she had been white

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    .... if she had been "white" she might have been smart enough not to get thrown in jail in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video shows Anaheim police firing 76 shots during ‘alarming and irresponsible’ chase

Orange County prosecutors Wednesday released dramatic video showing two Anaheim police officers firing 76 shots at a suspect during a high-speed pursuit that the district attorney’s office called “alarming and irresponsible.”

One of the officers has been fired, and the other faces potential internal discipline after firing through the windshield of a police cruiser at a man they believed to be armed, ultimately killing him.

Eliuth Penaloza Nava, 50, was struck by at least nine bullets.

“The fact that the two involved officers discharged their weapons 76 times,

from a moving patrol car at Nava’s moving car,

at approximately 9:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning,

in a residential neighborhood where residents, including children, were home and on the streets,

was alarming and irresponsible based on the totality of all the cir stances in this specific case,” the report stated.

The “conclusion that all of the available

evidence is insufficient to warrant the filing of criminal charges against the two officers

should not in any way diminish the fact that [this office] is alarmed by this conduct,”

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-anaheim-police-dramatic-video-investigation-shooting-driving-20190508-story.html

All perfectly legal and according to police protocol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Police Misconduct Database Shows Thousands Of Violations, Very Little Accountability

Public records requests have resulted in thousands of do ents detailing at least

200,000 incidents of alleged misconduct, along with more than 100,000 internal investigations.

The database is
    completely searchable and leads readers, reporters, researchers, etc. directly to the underlying do ents.
    Here are the morbid stats this database has produced:

Most misconduct involves routine infractions, but the records reveal

tens of thousands of cases of serious misconduct and abuse.

They include

22,924 investigations of officers using excessive force,

3,145 allegations of rape, child molestation and other sexual misconduct and

2,307 cases of domestic violence by officers.

Dishonesty is a frequent problem. The records do ent at least

2,227 instances of perjury, tampering with evidence or witnesses or falsifying reports.

There were

418 reports of officers obstructing investigations, most often when they or someone they knew were targets.

Less than 10% of officers in most police forces get investigated for misconduct.

Yet some officers are consistently under investigation.

Nearly 2,500 have been investigated on 10 or more charges.

Twenty faced 100 or more allegations yet kept their badge for years.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...tability.shtml

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Police chief, friend charged with raping child over 7 years

Harrisburg, PA

(AP) — A small Pennsylvania town police chief and his friend were charged with raping a child over a seven-year period when they were teenagers starting when the girl was 4 years old, state prosecutors said Wednesday.
    Brent Getz, 27, was arrested and charged Tuesday along with Gregory Wagner, 28. The alleged victim said both men sexually assaulted her, often at the same time, from 2005 to 2012. The investigation began in 2012 when the child, who was 12 at the time, reported Wagner had been assaulting her, prosecutors said. No charges were filed following an investigation.Three years later, a criminal complaint was prepared charging Wagner but it was dismissed due to a paperwork error. Charges were never refiled.
    More and update:

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/nat...ars-03-28-2019

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Not a Big Deal,’ Police Commander Said as Eric Garner Died

The revelation provoked gasps at the disciplinary hearing for the officer who applied a chokehold to Mr. Garner, who died after exclaiming, “I can’t breathe.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/16/nyregion/eric-garner-pantaleo-trial.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&login=smartlock&aut h=login-smartlock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ass Nazi (literally a Hilter worshipping German phuck) cop beats confessions out of young blacks then has similar minded Nazi prosecuters make the false charges stick. All done on the regular in New York state, folks.

Concealed evidence, a coerced confession and a biased detective sent an innocent 17-year-old to prison for murder, prosecutors say

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...cid=spartanntp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Failure to show up to court for a speeding ticket violation.
    Wow that sounds like a scary dangerous criminal. Sure am glad this white pig used the taser on this vicious female criminal in front of her 4 year old daughter.

Police officer fired after punching, using Taser on woman in front of her daughter

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-officer-fired-after-punching-using-taser-on-woman-in-front-of-her-daughter/ar-AABNImE?ocid=spartanntp
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 05-23-2019 at 06:16 PM. Reason: added picture of Opie

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inmate murdered by jail staff / privatized jail operator

Terrill Thomas death: Family to receive $6.75m settlement

The family of a US man who died of dehydration while in jail will receive $6.75m (£6m) from Milwaukee County and a private company that ran inmate care.

Terrill Thomas, 38, was found dead in his cell in Milwaukee County Jail in 2016 - seven days after officers shut off his water supply as punishment.

His death was later ruled a homicide by the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner, the result of "profound dehydration".

Thomas suffered from bipolar disorder and was in the midst of an "acute mental health crisis" when he arrived at Milwaukee County Jail.

Thomas was soon moved to an isolation cell as punishment for flooding his first cell with a mattress, which his lawyers said was evidence of his deteriorating mental state.

As further punishment, Thomas' only source of drinking water was deliberately cut off - a "common and widespread practice" at the jail,

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48454224

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    False Confessions and the Jogger Case

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/01/o...?module=inline

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cop Accused of Baselessly Searching Black Motorist’s ‘F***ing Ass Crack’ Will Get No Immunity

For at
    least the second time this week, an American police officer has been denied qualified immunity after a civilian alleged that their First and Fourth Amendment rights were violated.

Officer Daniel Mack violated his (victim's) cons utional rights on June 7, 2016 by baselessly pulling him over and subjecting him to a shockingly invasive strip search and cavity search — only to find no drugs whatsoever.

qualified immunity is a legal doctrine that shields government officials from civil liability for actions performed within their official capacity — unless those actions violate “clearly established” cons utional rights.

Mack, still standing behind Campbell, then pulled down Campbell’s pants and underwear again, bent down, and visually examined Campbell’s buttocks.

Mack then stated, “You’ve got it f***ing tucked in your f***ing ass crack, that’s where you got it.”

Mack pulled up Campbell’s pants, searched Campbell’s pant legs and ankle area, and, finding no contraband, stood up and told the second officer,

“He’s got it tucked in his f***ing ass crack.” Campbell replied, “I ain’t got nothing tucked.”

A third officer came to the door of the booking area.

Mack announced to the officer, “He’s got it tucked underneath his balls.”

Campbell complained that Mack had “just got done looking under my balls” and did not uncover anything.

Mack repeated that Campbell still had drugs “tucked underneath” his “balls” or his “ass.”

But wait — there’s more:

Mack believed that Campbell was hiding contraband and decided to perform a strip search.

Mack did not obtain a warrant prior to strip-searching Campbell. Mack ordered Campbell to enter a cage in the booking area and remove his pants.

Campbell entered the cage but objected to removing his pants.

Mack ordered Campbell to “get naked” and “drop” his “drawers.”

Campbell continued to protest and incredulously asked, “You want me to get naked?”

Mack replied, “Yeah, you’re getting naked. You’re in holding facility. You’re getting naked.”

According to Campbell, Mack then inserted his finger into Campbell’s anus.

Mack then pulled up Campbell’s pants, slapped Campbell twice on the chest, and told him “you can keep it,”

ostensibly referring the drugs that Campbell had purportedly hidden inside his anus.

No drugs were found.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/cop-accused-of-baselessly-searching-black-motorists-fing-ass-crack-will-get-no-immunity/?utm_source=mostpopular

If Campbell had been white ... ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Details of Johana Medina’s Detainment and Death Matter

A 25-year-old trans woman from El Salvador entered federal immigration custody April 11.

Seven weeks later, she died in a Texas hospital.

Johana Medina, known as “Joa” to her family and friends, migrated to the United States seeking safety. Instead, according to advocates,

she was criminalized and denied medical care.

Medina’s treatment in custody and her death illustrate a larger pattern of

systemic abuse by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) against immigrants in its custody and, more specifically, against LGBTQ asylum seekers.

https://rewire.news/article/2019/06/06/the-details-of-johana-medinas-detainment-and-death-matter/

ALL law enforcement, the "hit man" for haters, is an expression of the HATE that pervades and energizes America.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horrifying video shows Ohio jailers beating helpless and restrained black man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=PXeEqIGlZoc

They also left him in the chair for two hours without medical attention, adds News 5. He suffered a concussion.

Jail officers Nicholas Evans and Timothy Dugan were each indicted on charges of

unlawful restraint,

felonious assault, and

two counts of interfering with civil rights.

They both pled not guilty.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/hor...m_campaign=304

Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-07-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida cop arrested along with son after punching woman in wild restaurant brawl

long video of obese white cop and obese friends beating down a black guy, punching white woman

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/watch-florida-cop-arrested-along-with-son-after-punching-woman-in-wild-restaurant-brawl/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=350
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-14-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Thread Information