Page 106 of 238 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 5945
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    "The Edge" from the '90s with Alec Baldwin & Anthony Hopkins. They get stuck in the vast wilderness. Hopkins is a billionaire & Baldwin (a photographer) has already bedded his hot model wife (Elle MacPherson). Now that he has the girl he wants the "boodle."

It's a fine film and has held up splendidly over 20 years later.

They're being stalked by a Kodiak bear who has now gone man hunter/blood drunk after killing & eating the third man of the lost trio (a black fellow). The sequences with the bear are done well.

Baldwin is every bit Hopkins equal here and it makes for a real treat.
    David Mamet deserves a ton of credit for the script and idea though. very good film, a friend and I still quote that er to this day.
    Edge is a very underrated film. Tamahori went onto direct the next Bond film.
    Tamahori went onto get busted for being a cross dressing hooker on the streets of LA.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    David Mamet deserves a ton of credit for the script and idea though. very good film, a friend and I still quote that er to this day.

Tamahori went onto get busted for being a cross dressing hooker on the streets of LA.
    Yep, has all sorts of fine lines and angles. They show you just enough of MacPherson to have you cloaked in angst that there ain't more.

"Charles" has no idea until he gets to the lodge that his wife & Baldwin are having an affair. And they don't tell us that in script/talk. They let us figure it out on our own. But, even then he lets Baldwin talk him out of it during the adventure until the point where he finds the order receipt from from the jeweler. And it's not even the "broad" that seduces a twice saved Baldwin at that late juncture, it's the "boodle." Always the $.

Then he pushes Charles' nose in it here:::"Yeah, Well, you have no business with that broad. You know that you don't."

Of course he knew.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Interview. ..6/10

Typical Rogan/Franco flick.

36/7/7
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    How the is that getting a 9.7/10 in IMDB?

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    The Interview. 7/10. Mostly harmless.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Exodus God and Kings. 3/10

Left after an hour, got pass to future movie.
    I knew this would not follow the bible account accurately, but when it started to fabricate at even a fraction of the movie "Noah", i bailed.
    Very good set scenes as far as depicting ancient Egypt.
    The all white cast was

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Interview is streaming at yify.tv.. I'll be back with my score in a bit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The Equalizer - 8/10

Jack Ryan: Shadow Agent - 5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    College
    Purdue Boilermakers
    How the is that getting a 9.7/10 in IMDB?
    Apparently 4chan gots raided it to make it the highest rated movie of all time

it was a good movie IMO, I enjoy stoner comedy. 8.5/10 for me

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    "The Edge" from the '90s with Alec Baldwin & Anthony Hopkins. They get stuck in the vast wilderness. Hopkins is a billionaire & Baldwin (a photographer) has already bedded his hot model wife (Elle MacPherson). Now that he has the girl he wants the "boodle."

It's a fine film and has held up splendidly over 20 years later.

They're being stalked by a Kodiak bear who has now gone man hunter/blood drunk after killing & eating the third man of the lost trio (a black fellow). The sequences with the bear are done well.

Baldwin is every bit Hopkins equal here and it makes for a real treat.
    love that movie.

Only thing that bugged me was Baldwin yelling "Charles Charles Charles" every thirty second

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Into the Woods 3/10.

did not want to see it, but sucked it up for the fam.

Horrible set. After actor salary, it looked like the remaining production budget was $500 in goodwill store credit.

The first hour and a half was bearable. Last half hour was a brutal mess of a movie.

Will probably win best actress for Streep again.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    love that movie.

Only thing that bugged me was Baldwin yelling "Charles Charles Charles" every thirty second
    It was indeed oft putting. They made it a point for some damn reason. Perhaps to solidify his position as savior so when he'd come up with the different protocols the audience would abide it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Interview - 7/10

What I expected from Rogen/Franco/Goldberg..Basically more Pineapple Express IMO.. I read a review on Polygon bashing the movie that it was tasteless, phobic, racist, and hardly funny but with feedback like that I'm guessing dude was more into like The Notebook and My Best Friends Wedding. I'm sure there's a bunch of subtle I'll catch the second time around too .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Drop - 7.5/10 - Holy , did someone tell Bane and his love interest to act like they're mentally re ed? Other than that, decent movie.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just got around to The Wolf of Wallstreet last night. I avoided it because I didn't think I'd be interested, and I was right. Hated it. -10/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just got around to The Wolf of Wallstreet last night. I avoided it because I didn't think I'd be interested, and I was right. Hated it. -10/10
    Did you like the part when he's snorting blow out of that chick's ass?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just added that to my netflix queue a few days ago. maybe I should skip it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I just added that to my netflix queue a few days ago. maybe I should skip it.
    I don't think you fall into maalox's demographic.

Name
    Bruno
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Interview - 6/10. Nothing special

Nightcrawler- 8.5/10. Surprisingly good

English get better yes POPownsJackson's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Wolf of wall street is amazing. Don't listen to that broad

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Top Five - 8/10

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Well of course you would hate it going into the movie with that kind of minset of hating it. I bet you didn't even give it half of your attention because of it.

I mean, the movie is not great but its good enough.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wolf of Wallstreet is a good movie. The movie was long as , but Scorcese (sp?) is very thorough and doesn't leave you filling in the blanks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The is wrong with you? That movie is ing awesome.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well of course you would hate it going into the movie with that kind of minset of hating it. I bet you didn't even give it half of your attention because of it.

I mean, the movie is not great but its good enough.
    You have a good point. But I didn't go into it with the mindset of hating it. I went into it with the mindset of "Eh, I'll just put this on and watch a little to see if I like it." But I do that with A LOT of movies, some of them catch my attention right away and others just don't. This one didn't. I kept waiting for something to happen lol. I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea. But I'm not going to chastise anyone who did like it, you know different strokes

Thread Information