Page 108 of 401 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 10025
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should be happy to get Knecht with the TOR pick. Lots of holes to fill on the team, but scoring is one of them. Might be redundant with Devin but that's perhaps a good thing if we need to make moves. I've been preaching Knecht for a few weeks now. This is his first year in a real college program. He still has upside imo. But whatever. At least not someone with huge bust potential. Our pick will be the typical development pick. Now I just don't know if Wright can pivot away from 19 year old prospects.
    The whole league is in love with 19 year olds. That's why there's increasing grumbles about teams slowly starting to look at older players who can actually play and why there's so many picks (1-40) who flame out before their second contract. And why we see the Jacquez types really popping.

It's unsustainable.

Not saying Knecht is the guy, but this team needs floor raisers and not big swings. We got our big swing and it's an eight-run homer (somehow). I just want guys who aren't scared of making mistakes and won't play timid. Like... if Dalton Knecht comes out and scores 15 ppg and fairly good defense and never improved a ton, I'm probably even absolutely fine with that as a baseline.

I can see Knecht getting up into top 8 territory or more. This is the year where that could happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If TOR pick falls out of top 10 think Knecht becomes a worthwhile target. I’d take him over a guy like Salaun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On second look, Hubbard's efficiency isn't all that. I wonder if he could be had at the second round.
    Did someone mention he was 5’10” earlier? When’s the last time a sub 6-footer was drafted (maybe it was just last year, IDK, just seems like it would be a major hurdle these days)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If TOR pick falls out of top 10 think Knecht becomes a worthwhile target. I’d take him over a guy like Salaun
    Why is 10 the magic number? Why wouldn't you pick a player at 8 if he's good enough? What player do you think will be at 8 who is worth more than Knecht?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the thing about Sheppard - there's this misconception that he's not able to keep up his insane efficiency if he increases his usage. But if you dig into the numbers (I use Bart Torvik) and sort his games by USG%, what you see is that his AST% goes way up (expected) while his TO% actually goes down (unexpected) with high USG games (i.e. games where he's forced to assume a lot more ball-handling duties). The clips above show that he's still able to get some separation and is actually able to finish pretty well around the rim from a number of tough angles. This and the clips above suggest to me that he is capable of acting as a primary ball handler. To me as of right now he's a must-draft with the raptors pick. If Topic ends up showing out in Euroleague, you take them both and run rascal's 3 guard rotation where Reed can toggle between off-ball with Topic and on-ball with Vassell providing shooting and draft a wing next year with one of your 2-3 draft picks. If Topic sucks in Euroleague, take the best wing you can this year with your own pick.
    I completely agree. Sheppard seems to be not just putting up phenomenal numbers but he is doing because of an advanced feel for the game. Such players stick in the modern NBA longer than others. I also think the Spurs can draft Topic and Sheppard together, provided Topic stands out well in the Euroleague but the best case scenario for me would be to draft Risacher with the Spurs' first pick and Sheppard with the second if he is available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is 10 the magic number? Why wouldn't you pick a player at 8 if he's good enough? What player do you think will be at 8 who is worth more than Knecht?
    I don’t know what the magic number is. I don’t have a defined big board in mind. But it’s not just a matter of where you value them. You want to squeeze value out of your picks. It’s possible you could trade down, get additional assets, and still get your guy. We see these kind of draft day trades all the time.

as far as prospects who are likely to be valued more than knecht (not as far as who would be best fits for the spurs), you probably have, in no particular order

sarr, risacher, topic, Williams, holland, buzelis, Sheppard, dillingham, castle, filipowski, collier and probably others as well. You have to play the board, not just grab “your guys” regardless of your draft position

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s possible you could trade down, get additional assets, and still get your guy. We see these kind of draft day trades all the time.
    It can also backfire. 2017 Denver traded out of 12 to 21 convinced they had Anunoby locked up. When Toronto took him at 20, Denver was so out of their minds that couldn't think straight and took Tyler Lyndon on tilt. (Local hero Derrick White went 29)

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m glad this shows the lowlights. People will focus on the good and ignore the bad. What’s evident here is the poor defensive awareness he has in the paint, it’s almost Zach Collins-like… biting on fakes, not boxing out, not offering any rim protection… and then the trying-hard on offense that resulted in bad turnovers or bad misses. This is everyone’s projected top 2 pick that they are so enamored with because mock drafts are saying so. Not actually watching the games.

He would be the 9thish pick in a normal draft and nowhere near worthy what would be expected from a top pick.
    I remember reading an article about this game where local reports said how there were 5 or 6 nba execs there for that game. . The spurs were not represented which would indicate they not interested or smokescreen?

Get what you're saying about going by mock drafts..should be pointed out.. Sass's level of play from last year to this year has improved heaps. More game experience and simply getting wiser will help improve that defensive awareness .

He definitely no Zack Collins .
    Last edited by Slippy; 02-29-2024 at 07:04 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know what the magic number is. I don’t have a defined big board in mind. But it’s not just a matter of where you value them. You want to squeeze value out of your picks. It’s possible you could trade down, get additional assets, and still get your guy. We see these kind of draft day trades all the time.

as far as prospects who are likely to be valued more than knecht (not as far as who would be best fits for the spurs), you probably have, in no particular order

sarr, risacher, topic, Williams, holland, buzelis, Sheppard, dillingham, castle, filipowski, collier and probably others as well. You have to play the board, not just grab “your guys” regardless of your draft position
    Trading up to get your guy is more commendable than trading down to get your guy. For all the crap OKC gets for drafting Dieng (a reach), they at least got the guy they wanted and felt strongly about. That’s better than whatever extra pennies a team gets because the player they want might be available a few positions later. In many cases, it’s not even like that… you see teams trading doen because they lost their guy who got drafted one draft position before them. Playing this game of getting more value is as silly as it gets and I don’t think it’s as common as people think it is, meaning those trades happen but mostly for the reasons I just described.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic should be back on March 7 for an euroleague game against Monaco.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7th Of March return expected

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Honestly, I would be fine with drafting any of these three guards (Dillingham, Sheppard, Hubbard) with the Raptors' pick.
    I don't expect Hubbard to come out this year from what I've heard around the team, but yes, they all bring things we need..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading up to get your guy is more commendable than trading down to get your guy. For all the crap OKC gets for drafting Dieng (a reach), they at least got the guy they wanted and felt strongly about. That’s better than whatever extra pennies a team gets because the player they want might be available a few positions later. In many cases, it’s not even like that… you see teams trading doen because they lost their guy who got drafted one draft position before them. Playing this game of getting more value is as silly as it gets and I don’t think it’s as common as people think it is, meaning those trades happen but mostly for the reasons I just described.
    Having to panic pick at 21 in an indictment on the nuggets draft prep a more than anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Already > Collins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Already > Collins
    Damn I hope that TOR pick conveys so we can nab this nig

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep believeing Topic is gonna fall in the draft and (gut feeling) is never gonna be more than a 3rd string in the NBA... Overhyped to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think you're banking on a Scottie Barnes like improvement from 3

Believe.
    Post Count
    Check out this nice article on Cody Williams:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...k-in-2022/amp/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dalton Knecht is rising and he addresses the shooting issues of the team. He looks like a much safer pick if Toronto pick converts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, is there any similarities and differences you have seen between Bilal and Risacher? Who do you think is the better prospect and has more potential? Anyone else can chime in also.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dalton Knecht is rising and he addresses the shooting issues of the team. He looks like a much safer pick if Toronto pick converts
    To give added perspective, Knetch is to Tennessee as to what Reeves is to Kentucky. Knetch has FG/FT/3P clip of 48.2/76.6/41.4 as to 50.1/87.9/44.2 to Reeves in as many attempts in FG and 3P. Knetch has +30 made free throw though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic looks like a bigger Jimmer Fredette to me and just more on pass first.
    I dunno but it seems Killian Hayes type feel to me or could be worse.
    To be fair, Killian Hayes seems more promising prior to the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, is there any similarities and differences you have seen between Bilal and Risacher? Who do you think is the better prospect and has more potential? Anyone else can chime in also.
    Coulibaly is much more raw. I thought he was an extreme stretch for Washington. I had him 21 on my board and i think he benefitted from playing with Wemby. Risacher has more skill, better feel, and is a much better player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading up to get your guy is more commendable than trading down to get your guy. For all the crap OKC gets for drafting Dieng (a reach), they at least got the guy they wanted and felt strongly about.

That’s better than whatever extra pennies a team gets because the player they want might be available a few positions later. In many cases, it’s not even like that… you see teams trading doen because they lost their guy who got drafted one draft position before them. Playing this game of getting more value is as silly as it gets and I don’t think it’s as common as people think it is, meaning those trades happen but mostly for the reasons I just described.
    To your point, in the 2013 draft the Spurs waited patiently at the 28 pick for Gobert, only to be taken at 27 by Utah. We got Labia Jean-Charles as a consolation.

In the 2008 draft, we were interested in Ibaka and Batum and waited patiently at 26 only to have Ibaka taken at 24 by Presti at Seattle, and Batum at 25 taken by Phoenix and immediately traded to Portland whose GM had just left the Spurs.
    Last edited by Twisted_Dawg; 03-01-2024 at 08:47 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if risacher shooting is real and can defend,Risacher would be the better prospect.We need guys who can shoot and defend.

Thread Information