Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So whenever the lakers lose, even when it’s their own fault, would lead to an asterisk for another team? Like in 05 when the lakers couldn’t even make the playoffs and shaq was second in MVP voting with Miami and somehow the champs should get a le? I don’t really get it.
    If you made sense of any of that, I'm impressed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden needs your help pop
    Get the out of sa

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    13 straight losses for our 16 million dollar head coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish someone had the balls to ask Pop about this one. They don’t want to poke the bear tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for Becky to get the reins so the sonics can come back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disgusting waste of money for a guy pushing 80 years old leading the team to the worst records in the NBA consecutive years. We should be looking for someone younger who could possibly be Wemby's career long coach he can learn and grow with. Greedy grandpa earning his 16 million a year but he can't take that to the grave. , he's actually earning more than what Duncan, Parker and Ginobili earned a lot of years in their careers. Such bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's tied Bob Hill the guy he fired.

We know we know the players wanted Hill out.
    Just sayin.

Will he do the right thing now and step down?
    no!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he the highest person on the spurs team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish someone had the balls to ask Pop about this one. They don’t want to poke the bear tho.

That would be hilarious �� And I'd love to hear his rebuttal. Although he'd just make some bull sarcastic comment like usual without answering the question

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    13 in a row and the old is still here. What an embarassement for the franchise. Like the old senile uncle invited at each Christmas dinner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop sniffers would say nobody liked Bob Hill and that was the reason he was fired. Can someone remind me why he wasn't liked?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    De nada

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop sniffers would say nobody liked Bob Hill and that was the reason he was fired. Can someone remind me why he wasn't liked?
    I didn't live in SA at the time, so all the talk of how hated he was seems like retconning. From my standpoint, players were starting to come back from injury and Pop wanted to be head coach and also wanted Timmy so he pulled the plug on Hill and kept all the players on the injury list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should fire his own ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the Holts grow a spine and fire this guy. I love Pop but if Landry was fired from the Cowboys, I don’t see why Pop can’t be fired

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't live in SA at the time, so all the talk of how hated he was seems like retconning. From my standpoint, players were starting to come back from injury and Pop wanted to be head coach and also wanted Timmy so he pulled the plug on Hill and kept all the players on the injury list.
    Yep that covers it.

Pop has always been a prick, only now he's a prick who owns the worst start in Spurs history.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    It has nothing to do with winning. It ultimately has nothing to do with compe iveness either. People want to know that Pop is providing coaching to get them to compe iveness. There are 0 signs that he is doing so.
    Even more than this, Pop is obviously not the future of this team, so what's the long game here?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Hopefully the Holts grow a spine and fire this guy. I love Pop but if Landry was fired from the Cowboys, I don’t see why Pop can’t be fired
    They won't fire him. He'll step down for health reasons, might remain in the FO for optics before he's asked to cease and desist. Not sure how you deliver that message to him though, plus the contract he signed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won't fire him. He'll step down for health reasons, might remain in the FO for optics before he's asked to cease and desist. Not sure how you deliver that message to him though, plus the contract he signed.
    If you're signing the checks, it's easy.

Step down due to health, or we found something related to the morality clause in your deal that says we get to fire you and not pay you.

Not sure the Holts have it in them, but think the Dells might.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even more than this, Pop is obviously not the future of this team, so what's the long game here?
    Exactly what I've been saying. Unless he coaches until he's freaking in his 90 he's not the future. We should be looking for Wemby's career coach he can learn and grow with. Pop is not that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only "game" that makes any sense for Pop is winning a ring again in the next 5 years. COTY might be up there for him too though he'd never admit it so we can never know for sure outside the org.

Which is why it's very strange he's treating this season like it's the beginning of a major tank fest for years to come.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask the team at the time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was so perfect. Ime got out of his contract. Pop could have handed off the team, maybe been lead assistant for a couple of years, with a young roster and an otherworldly rookie. Oh well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only "game" that makes any sense for Pop is winning a ring again in the next 5 years. COTY might be up there for him too though he'd never admit it so we can never know for sure outside the org.

Which is why it's very strange he's treating this season like it's the beginning of a major tank fest for years to come.
    I'm impressed that you think he's doing this on purpose. If so, it's an awfully big risk to take with your young superstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it appears to you that Pop is in a 'win now' mode, I'd ask why he's made no attempts to surround Wemby with a better team. Maybe some veteran players who have some experience in closing games, ball-handling, etc. He knows they aren't a play-off team.

Thread Information