Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    He never really fit with the offense.
    He doesn't really fit with any offense that tries to utilize the forward pass.

Post Count
    He doesn't really fit with any offense that tries to utilize the forward pass.
    That's funny. He still finds a way to win (when his head is in the game).

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Now he seems somewhat mentally handicapped
    Given that odds say he woulda been better off randomly guessing for each question on the wonderlic test rather than bubbling in what his brain thought was the best answer, I'd say his mental handicap was apparent from day 1.

Post Count
    Given that odds say he woulda been better off randomly guessing for each question on the wonderlic test rather than bubbling in what his brain thought was the best answer, I'd say his mental handicap was apparent from day 1.
    33-17 as a starter. If he was mentally handicapped from day 1 then what does that say about the dozens of other starting QBs in the league with a crappier winning % since 2006?

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    33-17 as a starter. If he was mentally handicapped from day 1 then what does that say about the dozens of other starting QBs in the league with a crappier winning % since 2006?
    Kerry Collins >> Vince Young

Post Count
    Kerry Collins & Rusty Smith 15-18 as starters

Vince Young 33-17

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    It means win % is a dumb way to measure a quarterback's success given football is a team sport, just like his 2000 superbowl ring is a dumb way to evaluate Trent Dilfer's abilities as a QB.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Dan Marino has a win % of 61.25% as a starter. Tony Romo has a win % of 63.93% as a starter.

Tony Romo > Dan Marino

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Big Rape has a 70.4 win % as a starter. What does this say about the dozens of QBs like Peyton Manning, John Elway, Brett Favre, and Johnny Unitas and many other names with a win % less than 70.4%?

Post Count
    It means win % is a dumb way to measure a quarterback's success given football is a team sport, just like his 2000 superbowl ring is a dumb way to evaluate Trent Dilfer's abilities as a QB.
    I'm measuring ans win % with and without Vince Young. I'm not comparing Vince Young to other quarterbacks in the NFL. You did that. The point is ans were clearly a better team with Vince Young.

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Kerry Collins & Rusty Smith 15-18 as starters

Vince Young 33-17
    2008: 13-3 with VY on the bench

Post Count
    2008: 13-3 with VY on the bench
    2009: VY on the bench 0-6; VY as the starter 8-4

Post Count
    Never said Young is an elite quarterback. My argument is that he's a proven winner and is capable of leading another team to wins as long as he gets his head back in the game.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Do you really think that?

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Never said Young is an elite quarterback. My argument is that he's a proven winner and is capable of leading another team to wins as long as he gets his head back in the game.
    How is someone who's never won a single playoff game a proven winner?

Post Count
    How is someone who's never won a single playoff game a proven winner?
    Fair enough. But I can counterargue that he's never had the weapons to do it with. Chris Johnson and that's it.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Fair enough. But I can counterargue that he's never had the weapons to do it with. Chris Johnson and that's it.
    So he's had a weapon then.

Post Count
    So he's had a weapon then.
    Not a WR. Also in 2009 Johnson didn't explode until Vince Young took over the starting job. Then CJ became CJ2K. No coincidence Johnson had a down year last year.

Chris Johnson should be used more in the passing game. You have to with a kid this explosive.

Pls explain how Young helped increase Johnson's rushing yardage.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Not a WR. Also in 2009 Johnson didn't explode until Vince Young took over the starting job. Then CJ became CJ2K. No coincidence Johnson had a down year last year.

Chris Johnson should be used more in the passing game. You have to with a kid this explosive.
    so you are saying that CJ's success can be attributed to Young being the starting QB?

then why do you think the ans are going to let Vince go if he's that good?

Post Count
    Please explain how it didn't. Stats don't lie. 2009 season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...uLYF?year=2009

Two 100 yard games the first 6 weeks without Young. ans went 0-6.

ans go 8-2 with Young and Johnson gets over 100 yards every game.

Young doesn't represent that much of a threat in the passing game so why couldn't defenses put 8 in the box to stop Johnson? There has to be something the combo did right. Young does extend drives on 3rd down with his legs. Don't underestimate the little rushing yards here and there. Certainly better then Kerry Collins going 0-3 and then a punt.

Post Count
    so you are saying that CJ's success can be attributed to Young being the starting QB?

then why do you think the ans are going to let Vince go if he's that good?
    Yes. Chris Johnson is one of the best without Vince. But his down year last year can be attributed to the terrible play at QB by both Young and Collins.

Cause Young isn't (at least mentally) the same player he was during the 2009 season. Perhaps he never will be. We'll see when he goes to a new team. I hope he's a starter so we can actually see if Tennessee was holding him back or he just sucks.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    By scrambling on a 3rd down (something Collins can't do) to get a new set of downs so that Johnson can run the first two plays of that set.

That's just one example.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Please explain how it didn't. Stats don't lie. 2009 season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...uLYF?year=2009

Two 100 yard games the first 6 weeks without Young. ans went 0-6.

ans go 8-2 with Young and Johnson gets over 100 yards every game.

Young doesn't represent that much of a threat in the passing game so why couldn't defenses put 8 in the box to stop Johnson? There has to be something the combo did right. Young does extend drives on 3rd down with his legs. Don't underestimate the little rushing yards here and there. Certainly better then Kerry Collins going 0-3 and then a punt.
    does the quality of the opponent's defense factor in your opinion somewhere?

Post Count
    does the quality of the opponent's defense factor in your opinion somewhere?
    Can you sit there and tell him how good each of the defenses was in 2009 season? You honestly believe the first 6 weeks they played great defenses then the next 10 they played crappy defenses. Come on man.

Look, keep hating if you want. I never said Young is an elite QB or going to the SB next year. He's an overpaid game manager that does turn over the ball more then he should. But he still manages to find a way to help his team win games. He won before CJ and won with CJ.

Thread Information