Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It should be noted the International prospects can still withdraw if this is the first draft they've declared for. I guarantee some are just declaring for the exposure and to get a gauge on their draft stock. It's good they're in for now, but it likely won't stay this way.
    I assume (according to articles/rumors/mocks) that this Nurkic dude has to be able to get a 1st round pick promise-guarantee. (is that the word you use, promise?). Otherwise yes, they withdraw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume (according to articles/rumors/mocks) that this Nurkic dude has to be able to get a 1st round pick promise-guarantee. (is that the word you use, promise?). Otherwise yes, they withdraw.
    I would think so, but he'll get a good indication of his relative position as he goes through the process.

The guy I hope stays in is Inglis. His physical profile is literally unmatched, but he's so raw the Spurs have a legitimate shot at him. Add another year of growth and production, and I think he's a lottery pick. Just my two cents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It should be noted the International prospects can still withdraw if this is the first draft they've declared for. I guarantee some are just declaring for the exposure and to get a gauge on their draft stock. It's good they're in for now, but it likely won't stay this way.
    Yeah Porzingis is def gonna take his name out of the draft...

Seeing Boris play well makes me want Kyle Anderson so badly :/...

I'm not sold on Inglis at this point and barring a first round promise I think he takes his name out as well.

Right now I'd be perfectly happy with Bogdanovic as our SG position is a mess... Need a well rounded player with experience who can shoot the 3... One of Green-Beli gets traded to make room for him, ideally Beli is the one to go as Green can still be nice backup SF...

1- Bogdanovic
    2- Elfrid Payton
    3- LaVine/Dinwiddie
    Is probably my current realistic wishlist...

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well according to draft express, Bogdans draft stock fell so he's within our range.

I think the Spurs draft one of these guys in the first round
    Bogdan Bogdanovic
    Damien Inglis
    Nikola Jokic

But this is my wishlist
    Deandre Daniels - I think Daniels is going to be a starter in the league and his shooting and versatility could really help this team as well as well as provide the Spurs with a traceable asset in the future. He's a little skinny for now but he compensates with his athleticism .
    Zach Lavine - He's young with a lot of potential and needs time to develop but in the right system he could be a home run.
    Isaiah Austin - I really think he could be a great insurance policy if we can't find a suitable Duncan replacement. He would offer a pick and pop option and be a rim protector. I would like to see what kind of player he could become as a student to Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to see Spurs drafting Bogdanovic and not stashing him, but bringing him over this year, so he could have a great mentor in Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to see Spurs drafting Bogdanovic and not stashing him, but bringing him over this year, so he could have a great mentor in Manu.
    yeah I hear you. I'm starting to favor Bogdan more than Lavine. He has a lot of qualities we like in a sg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I hear you. I'm starting to favor Bogdan more than Lavine. He has a lot of qualities we like in a sg.
    I don't know Lavine, but I've seen Bogdan play a lot this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they draft him then he needs to be on the team and be given the chance to play serious minutes. And on the plus side he plays with Bertrans so bring him over will make it easier for both when coming off the bench.

I would take Inglis over Daniels since Inglis is four years younger and already has a NBA body and is shoots the three better.

I also get what your saying about Austin -I still want the Spurs to do a trade and move up higher in the second round to get either Austin or Cory Jefferson.
    Last edited by BackHome; 04-30-2014 at 11:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs are reported to have sent personel to scout guillem vives and Walter tavares . Walter is currently ranked #38 on DX.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Napier won't be a good NBA player, too small.
    He is not THAT small... You've got smaller and pretty good nba players in the league right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what she said..lol..

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs really need a 2 guard that can shoot the ball and get to the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw the Deandre Daniels scouting video, not a bad pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Through draft or free agency we have to get a backup PG who can keep there dribble alive and create for other players. (Semaj Christon- Vasilje Micic). We then need to get rid of Danny Green he is OK as a backup but he is not close to starting material (Adam Hanga) not sure if he is good enough to replace him but I know he can dribble and not turn the ball over.
    Totally agree, I prefer Micic, due to his size and he'd fit in well with this group, but Christon would be another name to key in on. Both are guys that would make this team better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well according to draft express, Bogdans draft stock fell so he's within our range.

I think the Spurs draft one of these guys in the first round
    Bogdan Bogdanovic
    Damien Inglis
    Nikola Jokic

But this is my wishlist
    Deandre Daniels - I think Daniels is going to be a starter in the league and his shooting and versatility could really help this team as well as well as provide the Spurs with a traceable asset in the future. He's a little skinny for now but he compensates with his athleticism .
    Zach Lavine - He's young with a lot of potential and needs time to develop but in the right system he could be a home run.
    Isaiah Austin - I really think he could be a great insurance policy if we can't find a suitable Duncan replacement. He would offer a pick and pop option and be a rim protector. I would like to see what kind of player he could become as a student to Duncan.
    Jokic is a guy that I could see falling into the second round. Vasilije Micic, Efrid Payton, Semaj Christon, Bogdanovic, Robinson are all guys that should be there. Jordan Adams is a nice idea as well. Right in the pack with the others you're mentioning. I really like Dinwiddie a bit, but he's a reach in the first round. Somehow I would love to add Patric Young and a stash and grab like Antetokounmpo, Porzingis, Inglis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think your right......Depending who we draft first I just want us to be able to trade up in the second round and get a Patrick Young, Cory Jefferson and then latter get Jakar Sampson, Fuqan Edwin, or Antetokounmpo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on the various mock drafts over the last couple of months here is who I would like to see the Spurs take...

1. Elfrid Payton- a lot potential and great defender and solid passer (likely gone by pick 30)
    2. Zach Lavine- very raw, but is young, athletic, and can shoot (likely gone by pick 30)
    3. Mitch McGary- high energy, elite rebounder and does not need the ball to make an impact (could be available at 30)
    4. Deandre Daniels- decent shooter, great length and can defend pretty well (could be available at 30)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs stay at their 1st round pick, DeAndre Daniels looks like the best fit. If he is gone and no one major unexpectedly drops I would expect a draft and stash... Maybe Bogdanovic plus I am somewhat intrigued by Porzingis (a draft express 1st rounder).

If Adreian Payne falls in to the 20's I would love the spurs to think about trading up.... in the second round I like Jokic and Ingles but I think they may have to move up a little to get them or trade down from their one and get both. For the last pick of the draft I like Papapetrou (who is signed for a few years anyway).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't like Daniels for one reason for being the worst passer in this draft - Dead last.

For players who could see the court and contribute from day one:

Elfrid Payton 6'4 Pg- Will probably have to trade up
    Semaj Christon 6'3PG - Needs work but athletic, can handle the rock and get to the rim with ease, also a very good defender
    Bogdan Bogdanovic 6'6 - SG - Can start with the second unit and back up as a third PG
    Mitch McGary '10- C - Bruiser who gives you everything on the court

On the Bubble:
    Isaih Austin 7'1-C - Can't teach height
    Jabari Brown 6'5 - SG - Good player

Draft and stash:
    Nikola Jokic 6'11 - Opened some eyes with his recent play
    Jusuf Nurkic 6'11 - A slightly more athletic Baynes
    Damien Inglis 6'8 - PF/SF - Great Defender - Could see us doing something crazy and draft him first

Would love for the Spurs to trade up in the second round: Get one of the above or Cory Jefferson

A question would you trade your protected 1-20 next year first rounder for a high second round pick this year?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I'd like to see in the draft:

1) Trade up for Clint Capela PF

2) Buy, or trade for 76er's #32 pick... so we have #30 and #32 and draft the first 2 still available of:
    Kristaps Porzingis C
    Elfrid Payton PG
    Isaiah Austin C
    Bogdan Bogdanovic SG
    Walter Tavares C

3) Buy, or trade for 76er's #39 pick and draft Damien Inglis SF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2) Buy, or trade for 76er's #32 pick... so we have #30 and #32 and draft the first 2 still available of:
    Kristaps Porzingis C
    Elfrid Payton PG
    Isaiah Austin C
    Bogdan Bogdanovic SG
    Walter Tavares C

I don't think they'd take Ayres or Daye for those picks and that's all we have to offer. Don't think Philly gutted their team for those picks just to sell them off.

Who would you trade for those picks?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would offer CoJo or even next years first round protected depending on who was an option at #32. Very deep draft so 32 is in most years a first round player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kristaps Porzingis C
    Elfrid Payton PG
    Isaiah Austin C
    Bogdan Bogdanovic SG
    Walter Tavares C

I dont think Krispats would be available at 30,regardless of how many spots he falls in mocks. Someone is gonna take a chance with this guy around the 20 pick.
    Same goes for Bogdan, a few pick later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think Krispats would be available at 30,regardless of how many spots he falls in mocks. Someone is gonna take a chance with this guy around the 20 pick.
    Same goes for Bogdan, a few pick later.
    Don't forget that foreign players can still pull out of the draft, too. He's really young. He could move into the lottery in a draft that's not as deep as this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget that foreign players can still pull out of the draft, too. He's really young. He could move into the lottery in a draft that's not as deep as this one.
    Yes, specially for Krispats.
    That decreases the chances for the Spurs to get any of those.

Thread Information