Nemanja Nedovic, PG 3 1-1 1-1 0-0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3
    Kent Bazemore, SG 3 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Andre Iguodala, SF DNP LEFT HAMSTRING STRAIN
    Festus Ezeli, C DNP COACH'S DECISION
    Ognjen Kuzmic, C DNP COACH'S DECISION
    Dewayne Dedmon, C DNP
    TOTALS FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
    44-88 8-18 12-14 15 32 47 24 6 5 10 20 108

Just more evidence that a PG needs to pass the ball instead of shoot on every possession, but you already know I'm right which is why you bumped it as a defensive mechanism. Don't worry, my take is time tested, you're just taking a stick graph of a moment in the life of the game itself and pretending to be right about chucking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you cherry pick your sample games as well. this is actually the first season (and we're about a quarter of the way in) that klay's shooting figures are higher than Steph's, and a big part of that was Steph's miserable shooting start to the season as well as his improved playmaking, as evidenced by his current career high assist average

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you cherry pick your sample games as well. this is actually the first season (and we're about a quarter of the way in) that klay's shooting figures are higher than Steph's, and a big part of that was Steph's miserable shooting start to the season as well as his improved playmaking, as evidenced by his current career high assist average
    When did I start calling Curry a chucker? During the playoffs as I recall. The evidence supports it. It supports my assertion that he needs to pass more. When he does, they do better than when he scores a bunch of points on chucking.

You can believe me now or believe me later, but you'll eventually believe me. You just might not admit it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    curry passes plenty. it is his legendary shooting ability that makes him a special player, and he is right in taking advantage of it. in fact, it is the fear of his long ball that generates a lot of what the warriors do on offense. klay benefits greatly from playing alongside curry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    curry passes plenty. it is his legendary shooting ability that makes him a special player, and he is right in taking advantage of it. in fact, it is the fear of his long ball that generates a lot of what the warriors do on offense. klay benefits greatly from playing alongside curry
    Him being a "special player" has nothing to do with the playoff hopes of the Warriors. In fact, it was that "special" that the Spurs exploited in the playoffs in 4th quarters when he would go all Kobe and shoot his team out of the game.

That's what chuckers do. It doesn't mean they aren't good shooters, or even great shooters, but basketball is a team game, and you're not going to get there playing "special player" hero ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    curry is overrated man, nothing a but a chucker or who only scores when no one is in his grill....

seems like a overglorified monte ellis or gilbert arenas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he has the potential to be a great PG, but his coach has to make a call on whether or not he wants a shoot first PG. He'll get accolades for his scoring, and most nut huggers here never give a about his true effect on the overall success of the team. The majority of talkers here are just player fans, not team fans or fans of the game. They love certain players and want those guys to score a lot of points.

Curry is a chucker for the reasons I pointed out. He does the same thing Kobe does. Both score points, both can get assists if they want to. Both have coaches that allow it. Curry could win a ring if he had the best center of all time and a 4 HOFers around him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he has the potential to be a great PG, but his coach has to make a call on whether or not he wants a shoot first PG. He'll get accolades for his scoring, and most nut huggers here never give a about his true effect on the overall success of the team. The majority of talkers here are just player fans, not team fans or fans of the game. They love certain players and want those guys to score a lot of points.

Curry is a chucker for the reasons I pointed out. He does the same thing Kobe does. Both score points, both can get assists if they want to. Both have coaches that allow it. Curry could win a ring if he had the best center of all time and a 4 HOFers around him though.
    a chucking pg can never be great man....

I'm the greatest kamikazi_player's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    curry is overrated man, nothing a but a chucker or who only scores when no one is in his grill....

seems like a overglorified monte ellis or gilbert arenas
    Tell me who do you think will be a potential great player? Seems like all you like to do is talk about every NBA player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golden State Warriors
    STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    David Lee, PF 43 5-14 0-0 4-4 5 11 16 2 0 0 4 2 -1 14
    Harrison Barnes, SF 40 6-13 0-3 2-4 0 9 9 3 2 0 1 2 -5 14
    Andrew Bogut, C 25 4-4 0-0 0-0 1 11 12 1 0 2 2 4 -6 8
    Stephen Curry, PG 46 14-32 5-16 10-12 1 5 6 9 0 2 4 4 +3 43
    Klay Thompson, SG 46 9-19 4-12 0-0 1 1 2 5 0 1 2 5 0 22
    BENCH MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    Marreese Speights, PF 1 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -5 0
    Draymond Green, SF 18 1-5 1-5 0-0 0 3 3 0 0 1 0 1 +3 3
    Jermaine O'Neal, C 16 1-2 0-0 2-2 2 3 5 0 1 0 1 4 +3 4
    Toney Douglas, PG 2 1-1 1-1 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 -7 3
    Kent Bazemore, SG 2 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 -4 0
    Andre Iguodala, SF Has not entered game
    Dewayne Dedmon, C Has not entered game
    Nemanja Nedovic, PG Has not entered game
    41-90 11-37 18-22 10 43 53 20 3 6 15 24 111
    PG taking 32 shots? How's that chucking?

lol "but... but... but... he scored 43 points!"

And they lost. Just like Kobe

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real question is how bad was the D that Curry got 12 Free throw attempts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real question is how bad was the D that Curry got 12 Free throw attempts.
    Good enough to beat the Warriors. It's a ref thing, just like with Harden. They watch certain players and if you touch them at all, it's a foul. Others, especially new players, you can split their ing melons with nary a whistle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yikes. 5/16 from 3 is an ugly ass line. game by steph

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HDMD playing Steph and Klay 46 minutes in a meaningless game they lost anyhow.

What a ty coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yikes. 5/16 from 3 is an ugly ass line. game by steph
    Come on , that . Talk about the 43 points and how Curry scored like 19 points in the 4th and almost brought them back. He's a baller, remember?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on , that . Talk about the 43 points and how Curry scored like 19 points in the 4th and almost brought them back. He's a baller, remember?
    nothing there to spin. ty performance. to compound it, kemba walker went off on him. i call it how i see it. curry has by in large been efficient, so i've been a fan of his. kobe has by in large been inefficient, so i'm not as big a fan. just because i said kobe's 81 point game was a great game (which most people wouldn't dispute) you starting losing your mind and calling me a kobe fan, when its been no secret that i hate kobe. quit playing agendas so hard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nothing there to spin. ty performance. to compound it, kemba walker went off on him. i call it how i see it. curry has by in large been efficient, so i've been a fan of his. kobe has by in large been inefficient, so i'm not as big a fan. just because i said kobe's 81 point game was a great game (which most people wouldn't dispute) you starting losing your mind and calling me a kobe fan, when its been no secret that i hate kobe. quit playing agendas so hard
    You seem attracted to individual heroics instead of team play. Makes me wonder why you watch the Spurs who have no real heroics in the game other than Tony getting tunnel vision at times. You seem to believe those heroics can strengthen the team, when it's been shown countless times that they are detrimental to having a solid team at both ends of the floor. It's accepted by many that letting teammates get touches means they play harder on the defensive end. The mistrust in teammates required to go hero like Curry does is something we've seen in Kobe for his entire career. When I call that out, the horde that's since tucked tail and run falls more in line with the "I need a hero" line of thinking you employ. It's like you don't know a ing thing about winning basketball games, like you're just a cheerleader for which ever shoots the ball more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem attracted to individual heroics instead of team play. Makes me wonder why you watch the Spurs who have no real heroics in the game other than Tony getting tunnel vision at times.
    the warriors have become a better team since Curry got there. nowhere did i say i prefer individual heroics to team ball. your witch hunting is funny though, trying to find something that isn't there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the warriors have become a better team since Curry got there. nowhere did i say i prefer individual heroics to team ball. your witch hunting is funny though, trying to find something that isn't there.
    Bull . If you aren't here arguing against the OP what the are you doing? Don't try that "agree to disagree" with me bull . I'm ramming this down your throat whether you like it or not. Curry is a chucker from the Kobe mold. He wants to be that way. All you've done so far is insinuate he doesn't have another option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . If you aren't here arguing against the OP what the are you doing? Don't try that "agree to disagree" with me bull . I'm ramming this down your throat whether you like it or not. Curry is a chucker from the Kobe mold. He wants to be that way. All you've done so far is insinuate he doesn't have another option.
    it's hard to take you seriously when you called me a kobe idolizer the other day. you're just looking for a fight son, and i dont have the time. Curry had a game, but big picture he's an efficient player who has no problem passing. klay thompson benefits greatly from playing alongside curry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's hard to take you seriously when you called me a kobe idolizer the other day. you're just looking for a fight son, and i dont have the time. Curry had a game, but big picture he's an efficient player who has no problem passing. klay thompson benefits greatly from playing alongside curry
    You respond 1 minute after I post regardless what time of day it happens to be. I'd say you have nothing but time, because your takes are too ty for you to have anything to offer.

"but big picture..." Newsflash... this is the big picture: He's a chucker. He will always be a chucker until he gets in a program that moves the ball. He'd stand out like a turd in a punchbowl, like a spook in deer camp.

A dude who takes 32 shots in loss has a real hard time passing, it seems. His assists are due to the fact he only passes to Klay who then only shoots. The others play cleanup. Gee who does that sound like? Must not be Kobe, else you'd agree with the OP and shut your swabber. His last few seconds heave with a hand in his face that was put back by Lee is evidence he's more interested in heroics than in winning. Sure you can pretend he's the best player on the planet, but without team basketball, they are just a gimmicky team with a chucking PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not hard to understand why Stephen Curry shoots more than the average point guard. He's still young, but its still easily one of the most prolific shooters in league history. Last year he famously broke the record for 3 pointers made in a season... and did it shooting over 45% from 3 point range. The guy is a deadly shooter, so yes he is going to shoot more than a guy like Chris Paul. That said, his shooting ability opens up the floor for their offense. With defenses playing him tight, pick and rolls become more effective, and he is a good ball-handler and passer. The warriors offense absolutely feeds on everything he does. He has missed 1 game this season, and in that game, the Warriors managed to score 81 points in the entire game, including overtime.

A guy like Steve Nash, who is considered to be one of the best offensive point guards of this generation, a guy who is a great and willing passer, was seen as a chucker on his Dallas days. His game evolved. Curry's career is off to a great start, and he's only going to get better as his point guard abilities continue to develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not hard to understand why Stephen Curry shoots more than the average point guard. He's still young, but its still easily one of the most prolific shooters in league history. Last year he famously broke the record for 3 pointers made in a season... and did it shooting over 45% from 3 point range. The guy is a deadly shooter, so yes he is going to shoot more than a guy like Chris Paul. That said, his shooting ability opens up the floor for their offense. With defenses playing him tight, pick and rolls become more effective, and he is a good ball-handler and passer. The warriors offense absolutely feeds on everything he does. He has missed 1 game this season, and in that game, the Warriors managed to score 81 points in the entire game, including overtime.

A guy like Steve Nash, who is considered to be one of the best offensive point guards of this generation, a guy who is a great and willing passer, was seen as a chucker on his Dallas days. His game evolved. Curry's career is off to a great start, and he's only going to get better as his point guard abilities continue to develop.
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Kevin Durant, SF 46 9-19 1-5 9-9 1 1 2 3 2 0 3 3 0 28
    Serge Ibaka, PF 27 2-4 0-0 0-0 1 6 7 2 1 1 1 3 -6 4
    Kendrick Perkins, C 18 2-5 0-0 0-0 0 3 3 0 0 0 0 2 +4 4
    Thabo Sefolosha, SG 27 2-7 1-3 0-0 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 1 -19 5
    Russell Westbrook, PG 45 20-32 0-3 3-3 1 6 7 5 1 0 3 3 0 43
    Derek Fisher, PG 22 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 -5 0
    Nick Collison, PF 17 3-4 0-0 0-0 3 1 4 1 0 1 0 1 0 6
    James Harden, SG 37 2-10 1-5 3-4 2 8 10 2 1 0 4 5 -4 8
    Nazr Mohammed, C DNP COACH'S DECISION
    Royal Ivey, PG DNP COACH'S DECISION
    Lazar Hayward, SF DNP COACH'S DECISION
    Daequan Cook, SG DNP COACH'S DECISION
    Cole Aldrich, C DNP COACH'S DECISION
    40-82 3-16 15-16 8 27 35 13 6 2 11 20 98
    48.8% 18.8% 93.8%

Now, did Russell have a great game or did he chuck his team out of the game? Look at how good his shooting percentage was! He scored a lot of points!

Go ahead, go all double standard on me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Kevin Durant, SF 46 9-19 1-5 9-9 1 1 2 3 2 0 3 3 0 28
    Serge Ibaka, PF 27 2-4 0-0 0-0 1 6 7 2 1 1 1 3 -6 4
    Kendrick Perkins, C 18 2-5 0-0 0-0 0 3 3 0 0 0 0 2 +4 4
    Thabo Sefolosha, SG 27 2-7 1-3 0-0 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 1 -19 5
    Russell Westbrook, PG 45 20-32 0-3 3-3 1 6 7 5 1 0 3 3 0 43
    Derek Fisher, PG 22 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 -5 0
    Nick Collison, PF 17 3-4 0-0 0-0 3 1 4 1 0 1 0 1 0 6
    James Harden, SG 37 2-10 1-5 3-4 2 8 10 2 1 0 4 5 -4 8
    Nazr Mohammed, C DNP COACH'S DECISION
    Royal Ivey, PG DNP COACH'S DECISION
    Lazar Hayward, SF DNP COACH'S DECISION
    Daequan Cook, SG DNP COACH'S DECISION
    Cole Aldrich, C DNP COACH'S DECISION
    40-82 3-16 15-16 8 27 35 13 6 2 11 20 98
    48.8% 18.8% 93.8%

Now, did Russell have a great game or did he chuck his team out of the game? Look at how good his shooting percentage was! He scored a lot of points!

Go ahead, go all double standard on me.
    looks like a game where wetsbrook didn't get much help. harden going 2-10 with 4 turnovers as his primary backcourt mate certainly couldn't help.

if a player is having a good shooting night and is able to get good shots at will, it is his responsibility to convert. if the defense responds by collapsing on him and doubling, it is his responsibility to defer and use that opportunity to set up teammates. i do not remember this game off-hand. if westbrook jacked up a ton of contested 20 footers and they happened to fall, you could call it a bad game by westbrook where he was getting lucky. i suspect he was getting penetration and getting good shots in the lane. if he gets to the rack and has a layup opportunity, is it not the right play to lay it in?

who were they playing against? where is the other team's box score? was this in the finals?
    oh and on a side note, was michael jordan a chucker?

Thread Information