San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too good to be true unfortunately

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get Murray and get Nephew back in Free Agency and we are set

Old Spurs reunion!
    And hire Stephen Jackson as an assistant. Get all the guys that burned bridges with us.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And hire Stephen Jackson as an assistant. Get all the guys that burned bridges with us.
    Could bring back Bob Hill and make Red McCombs the owner again

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta GM is not a robot. He is not going to trade DJM back to the Spurs for less than what they traded to get him. That would be Exhibit A to the notice of termination the gm would get. They may have talks with the Spurs to up the bid on DJM, but my guess is that with Young, they still feel like they should be competing. Their roster isn't bad, but they can stomach a trade with the Lakers to get Austin Reeves or Siakum from Toronto. They will just use San Antonio to get draft picks on top of whatever players they get, but they want win now players, not a "blow it up and start over." Trading for any Spurs players not Vassel or Wemby (obviously Wemby is off limits) is not good for them. They will want legit contributors for the playoffs and whatever draft capital they can get.
    The gm in charge at the time of the trade was already fired / forced to quit The rumor is that the owner and his son pushed the trade through over Travis Schlenck's objections; Schlenck stepped down 6 months after the trade and Landry took over as yes man to execute what ownership wants

Nick Resller the son isn't going to fire himself or even blame himself. The great thing about being born into wealth, privilege and opportunity is you never have to learn from your mistakes. He didn't fail, he was failed by others. And if he wants to reset on Murray, Landry will execute the best he can and if it turns out bad then he'll take the hit

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gm in charge at the time of the trade was already fired / forced to quit The rumor is that the owner and his son pushed the trade through over Travis Schlenck's objections; Schlenck stepped down 6 months after the trade and Landry took over as yes man to execute what ownership wants

Nick Resller the son isn't going to fire himself or even blame himself. The great thing about being born into wealth, privilege and opportunity is you never have to learn from your mistakes. He didn't fail, he was failed by others. And if he wants to reset on Murray, Landry will execute the best he can and if it turns out bad then he'll take the hit
    Great point on Schlenck..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those wondering where Siakam may sign, lest we forget that Sign & Trades exist. He is exerting his leverage to get the biggest payday he can this summer, whether with a cap space team like Philly or via S&T

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, the spurs need bridge players like smart/brogdon who can eventually be moved to get them a Holiday or Porzingis. Murray’s contract is definitely movable, he fits an immediate need, and helps resolve a potential logjam of integrating a bunch of youth over the next 5 or so years. The plan was never to actually use all those picks.
    The Spurs absolutely do not need Smart on this team nor do they need someone like Brogdon. I don't get the idea that Marcus Smart is some one who has any role on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs absolutely do not need Smart on this team nor do they need someone like Brogdon. I don't get the idea that Marcus Smart is some one who has any role on the Spurs.
    I wasn’t suggesting those specific players. By “bridge player” I mean someone who fills an immediate need, but can eventually be flipped in a subsequent deal for a key piece on a contending team. Like what the C’s did with Smart/Brogdon or Denver with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn’t suggesting those specific players. By “bridge player” I mean someone who fills an immediate need, but can eventually be flipped in a subsequent deal for a key piece on a contending team. Like what the C’s did with Smart/Brogdon or Denver with
    Gotcha. I don't think Smart fits that bill. Borgdon definitely is the type of player who has enough value to be a trade asset but not enough value to stick places. I do think the Spurs would be wise to acquire players of that caliber who serve as good players but also assets, but I don't think we're going to do that via trade this year due to our lack of assets currently. Do think that they should look to do that with cap space if they aren't able to use the space to land a big player, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop has the opportunity to do the funniest thing and trade him unprotected Spurs picks in ‘25 and ‘27, and send them Sochan. We keep the tank rolling for a few more months, get Bronny James, which leads to signing Lebron James. Then sign Patty mills for the culture and contend.
    funny if this happens and Spurs get their 6th ring

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    what a terrible, terrible trade

with the idea of moving wemby back to PF where he was worse, so he can start alongside capela who is even worse offensively than collins, and siakam, who cant shoot, at the 3?

ban-worthy post imo
    defense wins championships

these replies are extremely shortsighted. you can easily stagger wemby & capela, especially with wemby's minutes restrictions. you can have siakam @ the 4 & wemby @ the 5 whenever you want.

capela was also best with cp3 so he'd get an offensive boost being reunited with him.

the team would be a defensive juggernaut & the best spurs team since healthy kawhi in the playoffs vs the warriors.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotcha. I don't think Smart fits that bill. Borgdon definitely is the type of player who has enough value to be a trade asset but not enough value to stick places. I do think the Spurs would be wise to acquire players of that caliber who serve as good players but also assets, but I don't think we're going to do that via trade this year due to our lack of assets currently. Do think that they should look to do that with cap space if they aren't able to use the space to land a big player, though.
    He's talking concept not actual player. They were just examples of bridge players that could be used if the can is kicked down the road. He doesn't mean those guys would be good bridge players for us only that we would benefit from the idea of using guys like that at temporary bridge options.

Could be any player of that concept.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Latest From Hawks’ Insider:

Spurs Are Leading Contender At This Point In Time With Keldon As Most Likely Player Heading To Atlanta

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, for what. get him back for the contract we didn't want to give him? traded at the perfect time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon and the Toronto pick is the best I’d do. With Atlanta on the verge of collapse their picks are so off limits that DJ can go cry over the Spurs not appreciating him in another podcast if he wants. Not giving them for a semi piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, for what. get him back for the contract we didn't want to give him? traded at the perfect time.
    Murray Is Signed To A Team Friendly Contract. It’s Barely A Little Over Devin’s Contract And He’s Currently Better Than Devin.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the biggest fan of Murray but anything is better than our dog PG rotation. Plus, Murray will give the starting lineup a boost in the rebounding department, an area we keep getting killed every night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs Are Leading Contender At This Point In Time With Keldon As Most Likely Player Heading To Atlanta
    Wouldn't include Keldon in a trade for Murray tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray Is Signed To A Team Friendly Contract. It’s Barely A Little Over Devin’s Contract And He’s Currently Better Than Devin.
    they're different positions, DJ aint the PG I want for Wemby til the 26-27 year. that's aside from his apparent ego, dude is a moron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't include Keldon in a trade for Murray tbh.
    You Are Much More Likely To Find Another Keldon In This Draft Than A Player Equal To Or Better Than Murray Tbh.

With Murray On Board, Players Like Zaccharie Risacher Or Ron Holland Would Make Sense On This Team. Both Of Those Guys Would Have Made Keldon Expendable Eventually If Keldon Were To Stay.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ROFL that guy thinks the Hawks are getting their picks back and Keldon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You Are Much More Likely To Find Another Keldon In This Draft Than A Player Equal To Or Better Than Murray Tbh.

With Murray On Board, Players Like Zaccharie Risacher Or Ron Holland Would Make Sense On This Team. Both Of Those Guys Would Have Made Keldon Expendable Eventually If Keldon Were To Stay.
    If you trade for Murray and keep Keldon (assuming Keldon is cool with his new 6th man role), there's still a gaping hole at starting SF that either could potentially fill. Obviously if Keldon isn't willing to remain in that role you trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but even better, you hope the warriors buyout cp3 this season.

SL: cp3 / dejounte / pascal / wemby / capela

then find the right role players over the summer.
    how dumb can a human be?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    smh

Thread Information