• All-star

101 46.33%
  • Good Role player

34 15.60%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want enrique to take 30 shots a game?
    If it's during the regular season, I dont give a tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sad thing is for us, he might be ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol the dude was averaging like 16-17 and 8-9 since his return, he has three bad games in a row and all of a sudden he sucks

Still the best perimeter defender and the best rebounding SF even when he's not shooting well tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Still seems like a pretty solid description. A little better offensively than my initial prediction, but still nothing spectacular, outside of hitting wide open shots that the system provides him.

He still continues to struggle when relied upon consistently to be a #1 scoring option for his team against any average defensive team. Probably because he still is an average ball handler, has average post-up skills/footwork, and is an average jump-shooter at best when contested.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol the dude was averaging like 16-17 and 8-9 since his return, he has three bad games in a row and all of a sudden he sucks
    No one said he sucks.

Still the best perimeter defender
    Debatable

and the best rebounding SF even when he's not shooting well tbh.
    Also debatable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17.4 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 2.6 apg on 48 % shooting to be exact

Plus 1st Team All-NBA defense on the other end. Yeah, he'll be fine tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still seems like a pretty solid description. A little better offensively than my initial prediction, but still nothing spectacular, outside of hitting wide open shots that the system provides him.

He still continues to struggle when relied upon consistently to be a #1 scoring option for his team against any average defensive team. Probably because he still is an average ball handler, has average post-up skills/footwork, and is an average jump-shooter at best when contested.
    lol you haven't watched one game of his since his return from injury have you? He's been doing going at guys 1-on-1 often since that Blazers game. Probably forcing the issue at times even, which is expected when he's making the jump from an elite role player to Pippen Jr. He'll learn how to balance it out in due time tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    17.4 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 2.6 apg on 48 % shooting to be exact
    Funny you say "he has three bad games in a row and all of a sudden he sucks", clearly unhappy with people "judging" him over a small sample of games, yet you likewise take a small sample of a mere 11 games and suddenly that means he's a model of efficiency or something?

You can take a small sample of a few games for anyone, and show the stats and they can look tremendous. Truly great players sustain great play through an entire season. He is not a truly great player yet. Simply a very solid role player, that basically any team would love to have... as a 3rd or 4th option. Not a centerpiece.

Plus 1st Team All-NBA defense on the other end. Yeah, he'll be fine tbh.
    Funny, I haven't seen this award yet on his resume. Where did you find this?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol you haven't watched one game of his since his return from injury have you? He's been doing going at guys 1-on-1 often since that Blazers game. Probably forcing the issue at times even, which is expected when he's making the jump from an elite role player to Pippen Jr. He'll learn how to balance it out in due time tbh.
    And as a result he has had some moments of good play, as well as some moments of incredibly poor play. Consistency is what stars provide.

Could he learn? Sure. Will he? Hard to say, especially when you see his clear offensive deficiencies. If you don't have strong ball handling skills from day 1 in the league, you probably won't be developing them too terribly much. I've seen plenty of players improve their jumper, post moves and other things, but I can't think of too many (if any) players who made significant progress in their ball handling ability once they reached the NBA level. If Leonard wants to make that jump to a star level, he needs to seriously improve his ball handling skills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will never be a franchise player. At best he will be a second or third option on a championship team.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He will never be a franchise player. At best he will be a second or third option on a championship team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny you say "he has three bad games in a row and all of a sudden he sucks", clearly unhappy with people "judging" him over a small sample of games, yet you likewise take a small sample of a mere 11 games and suddenly that means he's a model of efficiency or something?

You can take a small sample of a few games for anyone, and show the stats and they can look tremendous. Truly great players sustain great play through an entire season. He is not a truly great player yet. Simply a very solid role player, that basically any team would love to have... as a 3rd or 4th option. Not a centerpiece.

Funny, I haven't seen this award yet on his resume. Where did you find this?
    Do you know what ceiling means? No he hasn't reached it yet. Still, only an idiot would call him a role player at this point.

Prior to these last three games+the pink eye in the first week, he'd been a bad mofo pretty much all season. It's not like he's been up and down all season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    To be fair, the last few poor performances by Kawhi came in games against teams with defensive juggernauts at SF like Matt Barnes, Kyle Singler, and CJ Miles.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Andre Iggy is The Ceiling! until further ntice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And as a result he has had some moments of good play, as well as some moments of incredibly poor play. Consistency is what stars provide.

Could he learn? Sure. Will he? Hard to say, especially when you see his clear offensive deficiencies. If you don't have strong ball handling skills from day 1 in the league, you probably won't be developing them too terribly much. I've seen plenty of players improve their jumper, post moves and other things, but I can't think of too many (if any) players who made significant progress in their ball handling ability once they reached the NBA level. If Leonard wants to make that jump to a star level, he needs to seriously improve his ball handling skills.
    Except the good moments outweigh the bad ones by a considerable amount.

What are you saying that he won't ever be Durant, pre-injury PG or LeBron offensively? That's fair to say, which is why he's being compared to a guy who was also never an explosive scorer in Pippen. Kawhi's game is more power than finesse, his physique alone allows him to get shots-- his handles are adequate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he's a role player that gets open shots from the system though

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Do you know what ceiling means? No he hasn't reached it yet. Still, only an idiot would call him a role player at this point.

Prior to these last three games+the pink eye in the first week, he'd been a bad mofo pretty much all season. It's not like he's been up and down all season.
    So basically aside from 5 or 6 games he's been consistent? I'd think otherwise, based on his whopping 44% shooting. Yeah, I'm not buying it.

Except the good moments outweigh the bad ones by a considerable amount.
    No one said they didn't. Quit getting butthurt so easily.

What are you saying that he won't ever be Durant, pre-injury PG or LeBron offensively? That's fair to say, which is why he's being compared to a guy who was also never an explosive scorer in Pippen. Kawhi's game is more power than finesse, his physique alone allows him to get shots-- his handles are adequate.
    I see the comparison, but Pippen had far more natural skill and ability than Leonard.

I still don't see what you see that qualifies him being a legit franchise player as you seem to think.

he's a role player that gets open shots from the system though
    Good one. Highlight videos most certainly tell the whole story. Maybe I should post some highlight videos of Ricky Davis, and claim that he's one of the greatest players ever, and those videos could give me a good case!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically aside from 5 or 6 games he's been consistent? I'd think otherwise, based on his whopping 44% shooting. Yeah, I'm not buying it.
    He's coming off four games where he's shot a combined 12/52 (23%). He was around 46-47% most of the year.

No one said they didn't. Quit getting butthurt so easily.
    That was in response to you talking about his lack of consistency. He's been consistent.

I see the comparison, but Pippen had far more natural skill and ability than Leonard.
    Elaborate on this horrible take, please.

I still don't see what you see that qualifies him being a legit franchise player as you seem to think.
    I've never said he'd be a clear cut #1. Show me a post where I said he would. I'm comparing him to Pippen, who as great as he was, probably wasn't a good enough scorer to be a true #1 either. Still a great player though who's defense made him more valuable than guys that were better scorers than him.

Good one. Highlight videos most certainly tell the whole story. Maybe I should post some highlight videos of Ricky Davis, and claim that he's one of the greatest players ever, and those videos could give me a good case!
    Those are recent complete game highlights, moron. They show how he got all of his points for each of those games. You claim he's a role player that gets his points from the system--those vids show otherwise. You don't watch Spurs games so why put on this facade that you know his game so well?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pippen had superior ball handling and passing skills compared to Kawhi. Pippen is the reason we have the term point forward today. Pippen was a great scorer but during his best years he scored 20-22 points a game consistently. That one year where MJ was out he was runner up for the league MVP after Olajuwon. Thats how great he was. It will be difficult for Kawhi to reach that level.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He's coming off four games where he's shot a combined 12/52 (23%). He was around 46-47% most of the year.

That was in response to you talking about his lack of consistency. He's been consistent.

Elaborate on this horrible take, please.

I've never said he'd be a clear cut #1. Show me a post where I said he would. I'm comparing him to Pippen, who as great as he was, probably wasn't a good enough scorer to be a true #1 either. Still a great player though who's defense made him more valuable than guys that were better scorers than him.

Those are recent complete game highlights, moron. They show how he got all of his points for each of those games. You claim he's a role player that gets his points from the system--those vids show otherwise. You don't watch Spurs games so why put on this facade that you know his game so well?
    Pippen had superior ball handling and passing skills compared to Kawhi. Pippen is the reason we have the term point forward today. Pippen was a great scorer but during his best years he scored 20-22 points a game consistently. That one year where MJ was out he was runner up for the league MVP after Olajuwon. Thats how great he was. It will be difficult for Kawhi to reach that level.
    No further reply needed on my part.

Thanks daslicer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is 23 years old. Nobody is saying he is Pippen right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, finals MVP being a Tony Allen/Shane Battier type player seems like a solid description.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, finals MVP being a Tony Allen/Shane Battier type player seems like a solid description.
    When did Allen or Battier ever led their team in scoring?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who tf knew it wasn't the dro talking when that Dro210 called him the next Pippen.

Pippen 2.0, point forward once parker is gone in 3 yrs, perennial all-star tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information