Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz: GOP Presidential Candidate's Spokesman Apologizes for 'Inaccurate' Marco Rubio Video

Spokesman Rick Tyler apologized on Facebook Monday after sharing a video of Rubio holding a bible with a sub le misquoting him as saying "Got a good book there, not many answers in it."

Rick Tyler

Ted Cruz's spokesman
    · 13 hrs · Houston ·

I want to apologize to Senator Marco Rubio for posting an inaccurate story about him here earlier today.

The story showed a video of the Senator walking past a Ted Cruz staffer seated in the lobby of a hotel reading his Bible.

The story misquoted a remark the Senator made to the staffer.

I assumed wrongly that the story was correct.

According to the Cruz staffer, the Senator made a friendly and appropriate remark.

Since the audio was unclear, I should not have assumed the story was correct.

I've deleted the post because I would not knowingly post a false story.

But the fact remains that I did post it when I should have checked its accuracy first. I regret the mistake

https://www.facebook.com/topic/Ted-C...00677117769515

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cruz is such a sleaze bag. Put a false story out there, spread it around and then apologize - disgusting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cruze fired the liar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cruze fired the liar
    does that mean he has integrity?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Krazy Kruz hired the s bag to do s bag . It's the old Repug criminal Nixon "ethics":

"it's not what you do, it's what you get caught doing"

The guy created a video which he must have thought aligned with Cruz.

How Could This Happen?

Shake-up in the Cruz campaign gives you the sense that Cruz creates a milieu of petty viciousness, dishonesty and casual malignity around himself.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...+%28TPMNews%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Krazy Kruz hired the s bag to do s bag . It's the old Repug criminal Nixon "ethics":

"it's not what you do, it's what you get caught doing"

The guy created a video which he must have thought aligned with Cruz.

How Could This Happen?

Shake-up in the Cruz campaign gives you the sense that Cruz creates a milieu of petty viciousness, dishonesty and casual malignity around himself.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...+%28TPMNews%29

if you hold cruz accountable for that...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you hold cruz accountable for that...
    KK hired the guy, he creates the atmosphere in which his staff works, so he's responsible. KK probably regrets his guy got caught, went a little too far.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-22-2016 at 08:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, if the press hasn't spotlighted this, he probably wouldn't have done anything even if he knew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The literati sent out their minions to do their bidding. Washington cannot tolerate threats from outsiders who might disrupt their comfortable world. The firefight started when the cowardly sensed weakness. They fired timidly at first, then the sheep not wanting to be dropped from the establishment’s tail party invite list unloaded their entire clip, firing without taking aim their distortions and falsehoods. Now they are left exposed by their bylines and handles. But surely they had killed him off. This is the way it always worked. A lesser person could not have survived the first few minutes of the onslaught. But out of the billowing smoke and dust of tweets and trivia emerged Gingrich, once again ready to lead those who won’t be intimated by the political elite and are ready to take on the challenges America faces.
    - Rick Tyler

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cruz is such a sleaze bag. Put a false story out there, spread it around and then apologize - disgusting.
    He really does smell.
    Smelly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "intimated" ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Behind Ted Cruz’s Campaign Manager, Scorched Earth and Election Victories

For weeks, the labels have hung over Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign like dirty laundry: Deceitful. Cynical. Willing to do anything to win.
    The attacks from Mr. Cruz’s Republican rivals have challenged his core campaign promises of integrity and conservative purity, cresting on Monday when he dismissed his communications director, Rick Tyler, for spreading a misleading video about Marco Rubio’s views on the Bible.

“There is a culture in the Cruz campaign, from top to bottom,” a Rubio spokesman said, “that no lie is too big and no trick too dirty.”

his campaign has con uously reflected the brand of its principal architect: Jeff Roe, an operative with a reputation for scorching earth, stretching truths and winning elections.

But back home, Mr. Roe’s allies and opponents alike have seen a familiar imprint in the Cruz campaign’s recent exploits, which have included a Photoshopped image of Mr. Rubio and the misleading suggestion, on the night of the Iowa caucuses, that Ben Carson was leaving the race.

There was the time, in 2006, when Mr. Roe ran an ad flashing “XXX” to highlight a 63-year-old, wheelchair-using congressional candidate’s former employer’s association with Penthouse magazine. Mr. Roe’s candidate won.

Mr. Roe condemned the “San Francisco-style values” of another opponent in a 2008 ad featuring an ostentatiously dressed black man dancing with two women. Some criticized the spot as racist and phobic. Mr. Roe’s candidate won.

“Jeff Roe does not know the difference between fact and fiction,” said Joe Brazil, a county councilman in Missouri who unsuccessfully sued Mr. Roe for defamation after a 2006 blog post days before Mr. Brazil’s primary in a State Senate race.

The item focused on a sad event from Mr. Brazil’s youth, when, at 17, he killed a classmate in a dump-truck accident. Mr. Roe’s post suggested Mr. Brazil had consumed “quite a few beers.” But Mr. Brazil had not been drinking, the police said, and was not charged.

Mr. Cruz’s first experience with Mr. Roe came during his Senate run in Texas in 2012. Mr. Roe’s firm, working for Mr. Cruz’s opponent, produced a flier attacking Mr. Cruz’s legal work for a Chinese company.

His first presidential work was for Mike Huckabee in 2008;

in 2012, he consulted for Rick Perry.

Days after he ran a radio ad mocking the physical appearance of Tom Schweich, a primary candidate for Missouri governor, by comparing him to Barney Fife, Mr. Schweich committed suicide.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/24/us...er=rss&emc=rss

So, bag Krazy Kruz knew EXACTLY what kind of bag he was hiring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz goes full Trump on immigration: Wall, forced deportations, 'jackboots,' and all

Cruz told Fox News host Bill O'Reilly on Monday that yes, should he be elected president, his administration would deport all 12 million undo ented people estimated to be in the U.S. and wouldn't allow them to return.

"We should enforce the law ... federal law requires that anyone here illegally that's apprehended should be deported," Cruz said. "Of course" he'd look for undo ented immigrants, he said.

Cruz said America would build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, triple the border force and establish biometric entry systems "so we will know the day someone overstays their visa."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/0...28Daily+Kos%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scientists Warn All Plant Life Dying Within 30-Yard Radius Of Ted Cruz Campaign Signs

http://www.theonion.com/article/scie...n-30-yar-52409

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Devil in Ted Cruz

But no, Cruz’s campaign would never question the faith of another candidate.

The Texas senator is some piece of double-talking, disingenuous work. While the so-called dirty tricks that he and his lieutenants have been charged with aren’t all that shocking by the standards of bruising presidential campaigns, they really do stand out in the context of Cruz’s flamboyant claims of rec ude and righteousness.

He directs you to his halo as he surrep iously grabs a pitchfork. His rivals aren’t so diabolically hypocritical.

At a town hall in South Carolina that CNN televised, he answered a question about his miserable relations with fellow lawmakers in Washington by assuring voters that “it’s not that I speak with a lack of civility or respect.”

“The Bible talks about if someone treats you unkindly, repay them with kindness,” he added. “That has been the standard I’ve tried to follow. That’s how I’ve approached it in the Senate. So I have not attacked or insulted my colleagues in the Senate, Democrat or Republican.”

Is he suffering from delusions? Amnesia? On the Senate floor he called Mitch McConnell, the Republican majority leader, a liar. He also likened Senate Republicans who recognized the impossibility of defunding Obamacare to Nazi appeasers.

Where was his vaunted “civility or respect” when, on the heels of his election to the Senate in November 2012, he derided Mitt Romney’s failed presidential bid — to an audience including Romney supporters — by saying that during one presidential debate, “I’m pretty certain Mitt Romney actually French-kissed Barack Obama.”

And where was that “civility or respect” during subsequent Senate hearings to confirm Chuck Hagel as the secretary of defense? Cruz’s repeated suggestions that Hagel had been corrupted by money from America’s enemies were so out of boundsthat senators from both parties were appalled.

Cruz continues to congratulate his campaign for its high-mindedness even though his allies and operatives spread an erroneous report, during the Iowa caucuses, that Ben Carson was dropping out of the race. And they had the niftiest bit of counsel for Carson voters. Switch to Cruz!

Then, in South Carolina, Cruz operatives doctored a photograph so that it showed Rubio shaking hands with President Obama in front of the United States Capitol.

These shenanigans profoundly contradict the godly styling of a candidate who was the first ever to announce a presidential campaign at Liberty University, the largest Christian university in the world, and who incessantly invokes the Bible, Jesus and morality.

And they surely reflect the campaign culture that Cruz has created. Political allies and aides tend to behave in a manner largely consistent with their boss’s directives and understood values.

Or they’re brought aboard a campaign because they behave that way. As Matt Flegenheimer reported in The Times this week, Cruz hired a campaign manager, Jeff Roe, who is widely known for destructive gossip, for malicious tactics — and for winning.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/24...-ted-cruz.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol devil

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iowa’s Steve Deace Threatens to ‘Eunuch Himself’ Over Cruz Campaign

Iowa radio host Steve Deace has decided on a manly solution to Cruz's unmanly campaign performance by threatening to castrate himself

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/02/24/iowas-steve-deace-threatens-eunuch-himself-cruz-campaign.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=fee d&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Poli ticus+USA+%29

He Probably won't miss it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew it....

Last month, Robertson appeared on the campaign trail with Cruz in Iowa. He also filmed a campaign ad for Cruz that aired in that state. Cruz emerged victorious in the Iowa caucuses on Feb. 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hispanics aren't real Americans for the Repug Euro White males.
    Bring it out!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Both of those assholes look similar to that fake jesus devil whites been pimpin for 500 years. Coincidence perhaps tbqfh?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I usually only find these moderately funny, but this one is pretty solid all the way through.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Cruz ain't too shabby with the juvenile ads, eh Reck?

Thread Information