Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's divisive about kneeling during the anthem? It wasn't divisive until the president decided to attack NFL players and call them sons of es for no good reason. He referred to professional athletes as sons of es and white supremacist as good people, you don't see the problem?
    Yes how someone can square that in their mind is beyond me. All Pop said was 'Where do you draw the line?' He wasn't being cynical or insulting, he meant it. How much more can you take? It's transparent and the 'race-baiting and fearmongering' are obvious as can be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago is a socio economic issue; place any group of people in des ute environments and watch the results. I assure you they aren't having those problems off North Side Dr. and for the record I don't agree with destructive behavior nor am I making excuses for citizens behavior surrounding city/community! Watch the movie Trading Places...... while entertaining & comical the storyline is one of truth!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol cuz kneeling to the anthem isn't a distraction from the message
    Ok, lets get some facts out in the open. I am a veteran, I am a business owner, I am a College Grad, I don't have a police record, I perform community service, and lastly I am a African American! Out of curiosity what have you done for your country outside of just living here? Criticize if you must but be prepared to debate in fact not fiction; Kap has put his money & time where is mouth is the question is have you?

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they are paid by our government to do so Snakeboy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, did you read the whole statement?
    No I didn't read any of it dammit

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, lets get some facts out in the open. I am a veteran, I am a business owner, I am a College Grad, I don't have a police record, I perform community service, and lastly I am a African American! Out of curiosity what have you done for your country outside of just living here? Criticize if you must but be prepared to debate in fact not fiction; Kap has put his money & time where is mouth is the question is have you?
    Ok, lets get some facts out in the open. I don't post much in the Spurs forum, I mostly just come here to see what the Spurs are up to and there are some posters who have some pretty good takes that are usually interesting. Then I troll other trolls in the political forum for kicks if there is nothing interesting in this forum and I have time to kill. You seem new to the nature of political debates on SpursTalk and I'm tempted to have some fun with this but since it isn't the political forum and you sound like a good dude so I'll refrain and stop posting in this thread.
    Last edited by SnakeBoy; 09-28-2017 at 03:16 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give em ducks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cowboys QB Dak Prescott on Trump: 'He's free to speak just like the rest of us'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Parker is still starting because food stamps?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you Pop! Pop speaks the truth!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you Pop! Pop speaks the truth!
    about what? Why should any group feel unconfortable?
    Why?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=SnakeBoy;9146862]Ok, lets get some facts out in the open. I don't post much in the Spurs forum, I mostly just come here to see what the Spurs are up to and there are some posters who have some pretty good takes that are usually interesting. Then I troll other trolls in the political forum for kicks if there is nothing interesting in this forum and I have time to kill. You seem new to the nature of political debates on SpursTalk and I'm tempted to have some fun with this but since it isn't the political forum and you sound like a good dude so I'll refrain and stop posting in this

Cool

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If hes done that, great for kap. The question should be, for the other kneelers, what have they done. And really, if they would do something the message would be loud and clear. But thats the problem with any protester. 90 percent of them go rally or protest and get on the internet and do nothing else.

There is no message to me. I dont know what the message is, with this or any other protest if you are merely a protestor. Go out and do something productive. And no "raising awareness" is not productive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot, "and my wife is white!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is amazing.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If hes done that, great for kap. The question should be, for the other kneelers, what have they done. And really, if they would do something the message would be loud and clear. But thats the problem with any protester. 90 percent of them go rally or protest and get on the internet and do nothing else.

There is no message to me. I dont know what the message is, with this or any other protest if you are merely a protestor. Go out and do something productive. And no "raising awareness" is not productive
    If we don't talk about it, nothing happens. Things keep happening. It is important to talk about these issues, to bring them in the open, to truly make change. We can't just keep sweeping it under the rug. Sheesh. If you have a problem, a big problem such as race, you have to talk about it. The problem is, people don't want to talk. It's really simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot, "and my wife is white!"
    She's not but if she was why would that be a problem for you?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's easy to toss stones but hard to actually stand for something. Instead of just sitting on the sidelines go into these AMERICAN communities and lend a hand. You've heard the request and now it's time for action��

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    So Parker is still starting because food stamps?
    I don't think they can print enough stamps to cover Porker's food budget, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop is a POS and always has been.

not leaving Duncan in on defense up 5 with 28.3 seconds left or up 3 with half of that
    Sick burn.

He also delivered you 5 les you ingrate.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sick burn.

He also delivered you 5 les you ingrate.
    I remember the last 4 very well. The first one I was kind of young... almost 6 y/o

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still crickets.................

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's easy to toss stones but hard to actually stand for something. Instead of just sitting on the sidelines go into these AMERICAN communities and lend a hand. You've heard the request and now it's time for action😉
    Whats the request and whats the action?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White people need to be made to feel uncomfortable? What the is that?
    Do you not get what he means by that? He's saying that white people have to be on board for anything to change in their country, because they are the privileged class with the legislative power. The only way they are going to enact that change is if they are no longer comfortable with the status quo. That's why those SC sit-ins had to happen at white-own businesses. If they had only affected black people or friendly people, then the people who could do something would just ignore them.

He's not saying, "Attack white people, because they caused this." He's saying, "Don't let them forget what's going on, because we need their help."

But this whole flag thing didn't start a race discussion, it started a discussion on respecting the flag.
    The thesis for kneeling was to raise awareness about racial equality. So yes, it was a race discussion from jump street. What people don't say enough is that it's supposed to be offensive. It's supposed to make people feel like those guys don't respect the US, because they don't. They don't respect a country where the things they're protesting still happen. They don't want to stop until the issue is resolved, so if you want them to stop, help them.

This is Protesting 101. Everything is actually going the way it's supposed to. If anything, it's not tense enough.

Thread Information