Page 117 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 4059
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    81-year-old US Capitol rioter sentenced to three years of probation

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/21/polit...ham/index.html
    Another deeply patriotic Orange Blob cult member.

"I regret doing it, I shouldn't be in there. I think the remarks I made that it was public property, I don't remember if I said that or not, I still shouldn't have been in there," Wickersham said during the hearing, asking for "mercy" from the judge and claiming he originally went to Washington, DC, because "you get bored" sitting at home in old age.
    - "Go down there and peacefully protest."

- President Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- President Trump
    Dale your OCD has gotten really old.

because "you get bored" sitting at home in old age.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Flynn Is Trying To Get A Restraining Order Against Pelosi To Block 1/6 Subpoenas

https://www.politicususa.com/2021/12...ing-order.html

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dale your OCD has gotten really old.

because "you get bored" sitting at home in old age.
    I got to protect the old man, Mult. You fellows want to cast him down with the old proverbial sodomites.

& you'll get really old too, Mult. But I don't wish it on ya, fellow. It's very alarming to see the end come into view like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder how they were planning to fight back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did the National Guard drag its feet on Jan 6th?

Maybe because higher ups feared Trump would declare an insurrection and commandeer the troops.

One of the most vexing questions about Jan. 6 is why the National Guard took more than three hours to arrive at the Capitol after D.C. authorities and Capitol Police called for immediate assistance. The Pentagon’s restraint in allowing the Guard to get to the Capitol was not simply a reflection of officials’ misgivings about the deployment of military force during the summer 2020 protests, nor was it simply a concern about “optics” of having military personnel at the Capitol. Instead, evidence is mounting that the most senior defense officials did not want to send troops to the Capitol because they harbored concerns that President Donald Trump might utilize the forces’ presence in an attempt to hold onto power.

According to a report released last month, Christopher Miller, who served as acting Secretary of the Defense on Jan. 6, told the Department’s inspector general that he feared “if we put U.S. military personnel on the Capitol, I would have created the greatest Cons utional crisis probably since the Civil War.” In congressional testimony, he said he was also cognizant of “fears that the President would invoke the Insurrection Act to politicize the military in an anti-democratic manner” and that “factored into my decisions regarding the appropriate and limited use of our Armed Forces to support civilian law enforcement during the Electoral College certification.”
    https://www.justsecurity.org/79623/c...and-january-6/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Maybe because higher ups feared Trump would declare an insurrection and commandeer the troops.

- President Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With respect to planning for Jan. 6, the publicly available evidence to date very strongly suggests that the senior defense officials’ concerns led them to impose unprecedented constraints on the authorizations and substantive conditions for use of the Guard – Miller admitted as much. Those constraints help explain the substantial delay in sending a first group of Guardsmen to the Capitol. What’s more, the evidence also indicates that the same concerns potentially explain why the Pentagon did not approve deployment of the National Guard in sufficient time – and, indeed, authorized the deployment only after President Trump eventually made a public announcement (at 4:17 pm) that he was not in favor of continued occupation of the Capitol.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^^

- President Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump wanted 10,000 guardsmen on hand for what?

On the late afternoon or evening of Jan. 5, the President spoke with Miller (who was reportedly with Patel) and said that the acting secretary of defense should have as many as 10,000 troops on hand for the following day – which Miller did not follow through on. That’s according to Miller’swritten testimony before the House oversight committee, his interview with the Defense Department inspector general, and his statements to the press. It’s also consistent with Trump’s own account. A discrepancy is that Meadows referred to it as a “direct order” from the President (in a Feb. 7, 2021 interview with Fox host Maria Bartiromo), Trump said it was a “recommend[ation]” and “suggestion,” given “not as an order” (in a Dec. 11, 2021 public event). Miller described his reaction, “And we’re like, ‘Maybe. But you know, someone’s going to have to ask for it.’” What’s more, “Miller and other senior Pentagon officials did not relay the 10,000 figure to anyone outside the Defense Department, according to a former U.S. official who was familiar with the matter,” reported the Washington Post fact checker Glenn Kessler.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- President Trump
    so you are saying that your cult leader gave an order to be peaceful

and the cult mob disobeyed the weak piece of s’ order?

ok got it!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

- President Trump

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    so you are saying that your cult leader gave an order to be peaceful

and the cult mob disobeyed the weak piece of s’ order?

ok got it!
    Merry Xmas, fart face.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this is bull . the commanders could have refused to comply with an illegal order, disobey.

DoD was part of the conspiracy, they were Trump's people installed after he lost.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    this is bull . the commanders could have refused to comply with an illegal order, disobey.

DoD was part of the conspiracy, they were Trump's people installed after he lost.

- President Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got to protect the old man, Mult. You fellows want to cast him down with the old proverbial sodomites.

& you'll get really old too, Mult. But I don't wish it on ya, fellow. It's very alarming to see the end come into view like this.
    Dale hoping Fabbs dies early

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to save democracy!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capitol riot committee is playing 'hardball' with Jim Jordan —

and he's 'earned' it: CNN's Elie Honig

"It may be wishful thinking that Congressman Jordan will voluntarily cooperate with the committee, but

he is a critical figure in this investigation, isn't he?" asked anchor Wolf Blitzer.

"He is," said Honig.

"The committee has made clear they're playing hardball,

that they're going to pursue the truth no matter who may hold the truth,

up to and including their own colleagues in Congress.

Jim Jordan is not being picked on here just for fun.

He has absolutely earned this request for information which could soon become a subpoena,

because we know for a fact that Jim Jordan spoke with Donald Trump on January 6th."

"So there is a real reason and purpose behind this subpoena.

Jim Jordan has said he has nothing to hide, and we'll see if he can back up that talk."

https://www.alternet.org/2021/12/jim...-6-2656094521/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Capitol riot committee is playing 'hardball' with Jim Jordan —

and he's 'earned' it: CNN's Elie Honig

"It may be wishful thinking that Congressman Jordan will voluntarily cooperate with the committee, but

he is a critical figure in this investigation, isn't he?" asked anchor Wolf Blitzer.

"He is," said Honig.

"The committee has made clear they're playing hardball,

that they're going to pursue the truth no matter who may hold the truth,

up to and including their own colleagues in Congress.

Jim Jordan is not being picked on here just for fun.

He has absolutely earned this request for information which could soon become a subpoena,

because we know for a fact that Jim Jordan spoke with Donald Trump on January 6th."

"So there is a real reason and purpose behind this subpoena.

Jim Jordan has said he has nothing to hide, and we'll see if he can back up that talk."

https://www.alternet.org/2021/12/jim...-6-2656094521/
    You're certainly gonna get a fair shake from Honig. HA! in' hack is all he is, bouts. When Rittenhouse beat the rap Honig was vibrating so hard on that CNN dais I thought he was gonna have a stroke.

If I was Jordan I'd put it thru the court system. I wouldn't give 'em a in' paper clip without a ruling by the SC. Nothing!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Sentencing Disparity

"hundreds of lower-level fascist marauders are being charged, tried, and convicted for trashing the Capitol.

But their punishments are minor,

nothing like the vicious eight-year federal “terrorism” sentence imposed on Jessica Reznicek

for trying to contribute to the preservation of life/livable ecology by monkey wrenching the ecocidal Dakota Access Pipeline.

Think about that:

six months and misdemeanor marks for engaging in a fascist assault on the certification of a US presidential election

vs.

eight years of incarceration and a felony record for trying to protect water and climate from the socio-pathological fossil fuel industry, which is actively turning the planet into a giant Greenhouse Gas Chamber.
    "

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/12...rse-is-coming/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A Sentencing Disparity

"hundreds of lower-level fascist marauders are being charged, tried, and convicted for trashing the Capitol.

But their punishments are minor,

nothing like the vicious eight-year federal “terrorism” sentence imposed on Jessica Reznicek

for trying to contribute to the preservation of life/livable ecology by monkey wrenching the ecocidal Dakota Access Pipeline.

Think about that:

six months and misdemeanor marks for engaging in a fascist assault on the certification of a US presidential election

vs.

eight years of incarceration and a felony record for trying to protect water and climate from the socio-pathological fossil fuel industry, which is actively turning the planet into a giant Greenhouse Gas Chamber.
    "

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/12...rse-is-coming/

You got nary room. That waste of space George Floyd got 27 million posthumously. His son George Floyd, Jr., aka that idiot that drove off bat out of style with a bullet in his back will get a similar amount, posthumously.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capitol riot: Proud Boy pleads guilty and agrees to cooperate with authorities

Matthew Greene, 34, has also agreed to cooperate with the government.

Prosecutors say Mr Greene was in the "first wave" of rioters to cross police lines, though Mr Greene's lawyer claims he did not enter the Capitol building.

He now faces up to 51 months in prison.

While his charges - one count of obstruction of an official proceeding and one count of conspiracy to obstruct - carry

a total potential penalty of up to 25 years in prison plus fine, Mr Greene will receive a shorter sentence as a part of his plea deal.

Additionally, Mr Greene has agreed to pay $2,000 (£1,400) in res ution for damages caused to the Capitol building during the riot.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59775546

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Capitol riot: Proud Boy pleads guilty and agrees to cooperate with authorities

Matthew Greene, 34, has also agreed to cooperate with the government.

Prosecutors say Mr Greene was in the "first wave" of rioters to cross police lines, though Mr Greene's lawyer claims he did not enter the Capitol building.

He now faces up to 51 months in prison.

While his charges - one count of obstruction of an official proceeding and one count of conspiracy to obstruct - carry

a total potential penalty of up to 25 years in prison plus fine, Mr Greene will receive a shorter sentence as a part of his plea deal.

Additionally, Mr Greene has agreed to pay $2,000 (£1,400) in res ution for damages caused to the Capitol building during the riot.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59775546

- "Go down there and peacefully protest. Here's Dale take him with you."

- President Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to save democracy!
    from who? the voters?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'I will shed more' blood:

Judge orders oath-breaking former deputy to remain in jail to await MAGA riot trial

a former sheriff’s deputy from Tennessee who is accused of dragging a Metropolitan police officer into a crowd of violent rioters at the US Capitol on Jan. 6 must stay in jail while he awaits trial.

“I’ve shed blood for my country. By the hands of the swamp,” the 27-year-old McAbee reportedly wrote.

“I will shed more in the days to come. But I will not forget the Oath I swore years ago to protect the America I once knew.”

https://www.rawstory.com/ronald-colton-mcabee

Thread Information