Page 117 of 491 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow now you care about defense?
    Dirk was an average defender 10 years ago, and ty in this BB era.
    Dude, I seriously don't know wtf you're talking about. You're reading comprehension skills need some work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said anything about GOAT?
    You don't think there's a case for that? Kawhi increases his assists (counting) to MJ/Kobe levels (in less minutes too). And given he's a much better shooter from range than MJ ever was then if he had stayed with us for another 10-12 years while winning 3-4 more championships and maintaining his stats then there's a case for him being the GOAT?

Not that it matters. He hasn't increased his assists this year and during the summer of 2017 when he was supposedly working on adding in playmaking as the final ingredient he and his went to China and everything went downhill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said Kawhi had one great season. You don't have to win scoring les to have a great season. It also doesn't help to have a head coach who suppresses offensive statistics by pulling players out of games early so they stay under the radar and garner less attention longer. That's what a control freak like Pop does.
    Is not like that, he has some problem on those wheels thats why Pop made him eat bench.
    Now in Toronto plays 1 game and the next gets some DNP.

Nobody needs so much rest after 1 full season of resting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they are are the same..

Not just a ring, kawhi needs to win mvp to be there with curry in the all time rankings..
    Not in my opinion.

I think he will. He's too good not to. If Nash can win back to back then so can Kawhi tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, I seriously don't know wtf you're talking about. You're reading comprehension skills need some work.
    I think your BB comprehension needs some work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop gives Kawhi the double team treatment, which I think it's the way to go, it doesn't matter much who Kawhi's main defender is. In that case you can even give DeRozan the assignment. He might put extra effort on that end if he's given that responsability.
    I would only do this if DDR is planning to just distribute on the other end. Maybe just try to tire Kawhi out but don't want to be taking too much contact driving in the lane on the other end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not in my opinion.

I think he will. He's too good not to. If Nash can win back to back then so can Kawhi tbh.

he needs to learn how to pass first so that he’ll have chance to beat giannis,harden, Lebron, curry and KD..

even now now his team is on top but he’s not the top choice for mvp so far..

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    But you just said this. Tell me again how irrational we are!?
    When he was playing for the Spurs, many Spurstalk goonies including probably YOURSELF were saying Kawhi still deserved to be co-FMVP at worst because of his shutdown defense on Lebron. I've always said Duncan deserved MVP. My narrative didn't change because Kawhi changed teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he needs to learn how to pass first so that he’ll have chance to beat giannis,harden, Lebron, curry and KD..

even now now his team is on top but he’s not the top choice for mvp so far..
    He knows how to pass, let's not pretend Harden doesn't play in a system that pats his passing stats. It's part of the Dantoni system. And Giannis doesn't belong in the conversation, neither does harden. Neither of those guys have even sniffed a finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he was playing for the Spurs, many Spurstalk goonies including probably YOU were saying Kawhi still deserved to be co-FMVP at worst. I've always said Duncan deserved MVP. My narrative didn't change because Kawhi changed teams.
    Fair enough. I actually didn't have a dog in the fight and didn't care one way or another (so long as it was one of the good guys) until Kawhi ed out, tbtfh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is not like that, he has some problem on those wheels thats why Pop made him eat bench.
    Now in Toronto plays 1 game and the next gets some DNP.

Nobody needs so much rest after 1 full season of resting.
    It’s definitely like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He knows how to pass, let's not pretend Harden doesn't play in a system that pats his passing stats. It's part of the Dantoni system. And Giannis doesn't belong in the conversation, neither does harden. Neither of those guys have even sniffed a finals.

i mean for kawhi to win the mvp he needs to learn how to make his teammates better so that he has a chance to beat those guys in the mvp race..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't think there's a case for that? Kawhi increases his assists (counting) to MJ/Kobe levels (in less minutes too). And given he's a much better shooter from range than MJ ever was then if he had stayed with us for another 10-12 years while winning 3-4 more championships and maintaining his stats then there's a case for him being the GOAT?

Not that it matters. He hasn't increased his assists this year and during the summer of 2017 when he was supposedly working on adding in playmaking as the final ingredient he and his went to China and everything went downhill.
    You know, you kind of do have some points there. Although his assists and playmaking abilities would have to go way up for him to be in the conversation. It'll never happen though, especially if he goes to the lame ass clippers. People forget MJ was 28 when he won his first le. The chances of Kawhi having a 3 pete are slim to none though so yeah, he'll never be in the goat conversation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean for kawhi to win the mvp he needs to learn how to make his teammates better so that he has a chance to beat those guys in the mvp race..
    Yeah, definitely. Playmaking and assists are definitely the weak spots in his game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi looked amazing tonight. Spurs may need to triple team him.
    Good strategy. Since Leanord can't pass, he'll end up confused, like so:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most Spurs fans acknowledge that he is a great player and one of the very best in the league. What rightfully bothers us was his behavior, deception, and selfishness towards a franchise that groomed him to be the face of the franchise. And objectively, we can question his heart especially when considering he's still avoiding back to backs.
    This.

Kawhi suckers blow their load management every time he has a great game and like to act like PATFO let him go. And point to Spurs fans and do some “I told you so” dance. He didn’t wanna be here. He faked an injury and sat out to force his way out. THATS why we hate him. The fact that he’s playing great only adds solidity to the argument that he was able to play all along.

Plus, he’s still pulling the bulls by sitting out games. He obviously isn’t hurt so why sit out? Toronto fans are being played with just the same. The only reason he has some bull “load management” is bc he’s preserving himself for LA. Kawhitter. Even if Raps win on Thursday he’ll always be a .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the rule again for getting the regular max contract? Must be 3rd team All-NBA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure we've all acknowledged that Kawhi ed out. He definitely acted like a coward regarding his last days with the Spurs. He should've manned up and let his teammates and coaches know what the problem was and that he wanted out. Hiding like a definitely made things worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop gives Kawhi the double team treatment, which I think it's the way to go, it doesn't matter much who Kawhi's main defender is. In that case you can even give DeRozan the assignment. He might put extra effort on that end if he's given that responsability.
    Just slide a foot under him after a jumpshot.

Kawhi's strong suit is his defense. He needs to fall back on that, and his coach needs to remember that's his strong suit and not try to turn him into James Harden. He doesn't have great court awareness, but he can get to the rim and get his own shot. He has never been a great team player even though he's contributed a great deal. The league has a lot of guys who can get 45 points in a game, but to have 1 assist in the process is something along the lines of a Carmelo Anthony.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    You can stat pad your statistical categories to an MVP but that doesn't necessarily mean you're making your teammates better. See Westbrook, Russell ... 2017 MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can stat pad your statistical categories to an MVP but that doesn't necessarily mean you're making your teammates better. See Westbrook, Russell ... 2017 MVP.

same ..the point is kawhi have to up his assist numbers..

Stats + winning = mvp

its just that Westbrook’s stats is too much that season..even harden had a much better stats than kawhi that season..that’s why kawhi finished 3rd in mvp racebehind those two stat padder despite kawhi’s team had more wins..
    Last edited by skin27; 01-02-2019 at 01:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s definitely like that.
    Only if he ate lots of tacos, if not he is wheel chair prone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is obviously a great player. Anybody saying otherwise is just bitter or trolling. But he also does have real faults to his game as of now. His passing his subpar which fits with the fact that he's not a playmaker for his teammates. But the dude played PF and Center growing up. He's never going to be a point forward like Lebron. He's never going to average 6 assists a game. It's not his game. He doesn't have the feel or the know how for it and that's ok. But at the same time, that is a weakness that can be exploited. Will he set up his teammates against us or will he go Kawhiso? Also How much do Kawhi's teammates care about his revenge game? As far as I know only Danny Green really cares about it. Does he have the relationship with his team to get them hyped for this game? Idk the answer to that. But if we double team him all night and don't let Danny have any space, I like our chances against the Raptors. I'm more afraid of Ibaka and Danny tbh bc Ibaka always hits against us and Danny is probably salty. Kawhi is playing this year for Kawhi and that's just part of the territory for having a breakup with a franchise. We sent him to ing Siberia. He isn't happy there and he doesn't see his girl and his son all the time either. He wants out. He has to wait a year to get what he wants and we are the reason why. He isn't passing be the ball all game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ain't going nowhere, got.
    Seeing the way you love life I can tell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is obviously a great player. Anybody saying otherwise is just bitter or trolling. But he also does have real faults to his game as of now. His passing his subpar which fits with the fact that he's not a playmaker for his teammates. But the dude played PF and Center growing up. He's never going to be a point forward like Lebron. He's never going to average 6 assists a game. It's not his game. He doesn't have the feel or the know how for it and that's ok. But at the same time, that is a weakness that can be exploited. Will he set up his teammates against us or will he go Kawhiso? Also How much do Kawhi's teammates care about his revenge game? As far as I know only Danny Green really cares about it. Does he have the relationship with his team to get them hyped for this game? Idk the answer to that. But if we double team him all night and don't let Danny have any space, I like our chances against the Raptors. I'm more afraid of Ibaka and Danny tbh bc Ibaka always hits against us and Danny is probably salty. Kawhi is playing this year for Kawhi and that's just part of the territory for having a breakup with a franchise. We sent him to ing Siberia. He isn't happy there and he doesn't see his girl and his son all the time either. He wants out. He has to wait a year to get what he wants and we are the reason why. He isn't passing be the ball all game
    Green salty?
    Spurs are the only reason he is playing NBA, and after the ring he played like a blind bum for 4 seasons.
    Those bricks could have been used to make buildings.

Thread Information