Page 118 of 394 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 9826
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DAF86 always thought davis bertans would be a future all star. i think he was envisioning bertans developing the skillset risacher already shows

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Williams tears it up here soon that has to change the conversation of the top 3 or 4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always been a Dilli guy, but I'm starting to warm up to Sheppard. For all you Reed fans, where do you see him fitting on the Spurs? Even though he's always seemed like an undersized SG, do you guys see him definitely as our starting PG of the future?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about Williams as a prospect, but I'd be in favor of SA drafting him for the drama. If we're going to have to set through Chet vs Wemby hype, may as well add a sibling rivalry to the mix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don’t talk about Bruno

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont hate cody williams, i just dont get what im supposed to love about him as a high end prospect. it kind of feels like kawhi how he was this toolsy player that could be molded, but kawhi was way further along and way more productive.

he doesnt seem like a great defender yet, he's not a good rebounder, he's not much of a passer/playmaker, and he's not much of an outside shooter.

if the toronto pick ends up sliding outside the top 7-8 and he's there, its one thing. but considering him with a top 5-6 pick just doesnt seem right

thats just the opinion of this fairly uninformed poster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always been a Dilli guy, but I'm starting to warm up to Sheppard. For all you Reed fans, where do you see him fitting on the Spurs? Even though he's always seemed like an undersized SG, do you guys see him definitely as our starting PG of the future?
    I've watched all Kentucky games, I think, since I started paying attention to the draft in January. They're my favorite team to watch this year because of those two players and the wild unpredictable nature of the team, how it's coached, and the constant joy-anguish of its fanbase. I've historically really despised Kentucky, btw. I hate how they get five blue chips a year and throw most of them away.

Anyway, Sheppard is hard to pinpoint. I've talked about him and Dillingham a lot, so I'll just try to answer the question as best I can. IMO you have to hope he can run your offense a bit, or that he can be effective off-ball. To me, he's not a load-taking guy. If you run pick-and-rolls with him, you have to pay attention, but although he has good athleticism, it's not dynamic enough to be a huge threat. He can beat you off the dribble, but it's not too hard to be aware of. And he's not especially shifty, meaning he can't (so far) get guys into hostage dribbles or manipulate situations with his handles and movement.

When he shares the floor with Dillingham, which is often, it's Dillingham who starts the sets. Partly this is because RD is ridiculous with his handles and quickness. The dude is completely hard to handle in that aspect. Partly it's because Sheppard is a significant spot-up threat. However, he doesn't seem to be a cutting threat. At least, that's not what they do with him.

I've comped Sheppard to guys like Stockton and Mark Price, and not just because he looks like them, but I don't think he has that floor general capability. The huge question is whether he can develop it. But to me, I don't see the advanced reads and manipulations out of him. I do see more of an off-ball SG who is highly, highly efficient. On defense, his hands are incredible. He has some impressive skills, such as some of the best outlet/bomb passing you'll see. So, he gets strips and steals, can blow up plays.

I keep seeing him as limited, but very good within that band. A team like the Rockets, where they could use a steady guard who won't make mistakes and can be super efficient while Amen Thompson carries the ball-handling load, he could be really great.

I personally am not that high on him for the Spurs. At our picks, I keep looking for guys who have very good skill bases who can simultaneously be fairly good upside swings for more. I don't think Sheppard's upside is tremendous, although his floor is very good. And I think what he can do on the team is more limited than we'd like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont hate cody williams, i just dont get what im supposed to love about him as a high end prospect. it kind of feels like kawhi how he was this toolsy player that could be molded, but kawhi was way further along and way more productive.
    If you draft Cody, you may get to meet Jalen some day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DAF86 always thought davis bertans would be a future all star. i think he was envisioning bertans developing the skillset risacher already shows
    Since you brough it up, I would welcome Bertans with open arms to fulfill the prophecy of the missing all-star, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, Sheppard is Patty Mills with great defense?
    I'd take that.

His shooting splits are ridiculous, his form looks perfect, being an elite shooter and a positive defender warrants a max in today's league, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Sheppard's point-guarding ability can even be as much as Austin Reaves, he's probably worth taking to be your lead guard. if not, then im not sure you want to spend that high of a pick of a very small 2 or a bench combo guy.

dilly is so much more electric with the ball and his propensity for the lob is obviously something that has to be kept in mind when considering fit with wemby

sheppard is the better defender but unless im convinced he can handle close to a full time on ball PG role, i dont think he's the guy i'd target. i think the intriguing sheppard scenario is where you take topic with the earlier pick, and then you have a heck of a 3 man rotation between topic/sheppard/vassell, where sheppard can play off-ball alongside topic and on-ball alongside vassell, and he and topic could cross-defend

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo, intriguing scenario with Sheppard would be if Jeremy's point guard experiment worked out.
    Or if ther's a point forward in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo, intriguing scenario with Sheppard would be if Jeremy's point guard experiment worked out.
    Or if ther's a point forward in the draft.
    considering how often wemby has been handling the ball lately...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Venn diagram of posters who think Topić, with his 88% FTs, won’t improve his 3 point shot, but Buzelis, with his 69% FTs will is a circle
    I think they both will, but i think Topics 3 pt numbers will be better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, Sheppard is Patty Mills with great defense?
    I'd take that.

His shooting splits are ridiculous, his form looks perfect, being an elite shooter and a positive defender warrants a max in today's league, tbh.
    Shephard has a much better handle and court vision than Patty. They only similarity is they both are lethal from deep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Sheppard's point-guarding ability can even be as much as Austin Reaves, he's probably worth taking to be your lead guard. if not, then im not sure you want to spend that high of a pick of a very small 2 or a bench combo guy.

dilly is so much more electric with the ball and his propensity for the lob is obviously something that has to be kept in mind when considering fit with wemby

sheppard is the better defender but unless im convinced he can handle close to a full time on ball PG role, i dont think he's the guy i'd target. i think the intriguing sheppard scenario is where you take topic with the earlier pick, and then you have a heck of a 3 man rotation between topic/sheppard/vassell, where sheppard can play off-ball alongside topic and on-ball alongside vassell, and he and topic could cross-defend
    No, I don't think Sheppard is the lead guard Austin Reaves or even Patty Mills are. Reaves is much bigger, but they're both much more dynamic with the ball, able to shift side to side, and both are movement shooters while Sheppard needs wind up shoots more from a standstill.

Sheppard really isn't a lead guard on offense or a stopper on defense. He really is an off guard who can play that role extremely well. He's more Jeff Hornacek than a John Stockton in role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shephard has a much better handle and court vision than Patty. They only similarity is they both are lethal from deep.
    No, disagree completely. Sheppard isn't bad but Mills is a lifelong pro who has very good handles and their vision is about the same. Where Sheppard might be better is in the full court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I don't think Sheppard is the lead guard Austin Reaves or even Patty Mills are. Reaves is much bigger, but they're both much more dynamic with the ball, able to shift side to side, and both are movement shooters while Sheppard needs wind up shoots more from a standstill.

Sheppard really isn't a lead guard on offense or a stopper on defense. He really is an off guard who can play that role extremely well. He's more Jeff Hornacek than a John Stockton in role.
    if the bolded is true then im not sure how you can even justify a lottery pick on him at 6'2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the bolded is true then im not sure how you can even justify a lottery pick on him at 6'2
    Have you looked at this draft class?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, just looking at his draft class, Patty Mills might be around tenth or eleventh best in the group.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to talk myself into Sheppard. I think Reeds defense is a little over rated, but compared to Trae he's better, and compared to Dilly he's a lot better on that side of the ball. I could see him make some exciting defensive plays at the next level.

His playmaking/lead guard skills are probably under rated. Since he defers a lot of that stuff to Dilly (as others have mentioned), this might be another one of those guard skills that gets lost in the KU system. He definitely sees the floor at an elite level. With his crisp baseball outlet passes (which Wemby would love). He's got the lob thing going on with his bigs. Mix in the occasional drive for a finish at the rim. I mean it's all there. And thats without even mentioning his shooting which would be a new weapon for our team at the point. Lately I've seen every Spur bring the ball up the court, even Wemby, so I could see scenarios where Reed runouts up the floor to his spot, and with a quick outlet pass and quick shot, Reed's torching teams from three on the break. Okay I'm in, one more great option with the Toronto pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think sheppard probably is good enough to be a reaves level facilitator personally, which is why im definitely a fan of taking him with the toronto pick assuming we grab a wing with our natural pick (and even if we took topic, for the reasons i set out above, and if the good wings we'd like are off the board)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a scouting poster, but my read on Sheppard is that he's more of a Caruso-type defender than a Beverly or Payton type. As far as I've heard, he's as bad of a one-on-one defender as he'd be stereotyped to be. So bringing him in means you still have to find a way to cross-guard for star PGs and that Vassell would not be able to hide on defense. Sochan and the SF become really important in that scenario because one of them will need to be able to handle 1-4 and the other 3-5. The good news is that Sheppard is really good off the ball, so it's not a bad thing that he's not going to be checking anyone straight up. He's probably gonna have to bulk up though so that he can provide resistance against whomever he's hiding on.

It's important to note that the Spurs don't have to have their roster figured out next year. Sheppard may not fit his best on a team without a larger play-maker, just like Dunn may not be playable without being able to shoot. But if those two players contribute to the Spurs having an elite defense again, that's a of a lot of progress for year two, even if the offense is so bad that the team doesn't win a whole lot of games. You can continue to build, tweak and develop from there, but that would be real tangible results without the team really leveraging anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am OUT on Sarr, Topic, Buzelis, Collier, Holland. I am MILD on Walter, Williams, Castle, Knecht. I am HIGH on Dillingham, Sheppard, Risacher, Salaun

- mainly looking at PG and SF pairs with the SA and TOR FRPs. Seems to be a few nice options of each player position at each draft position. From there it's just finding complementary pairs.

PICK ONE PLAYER: possible SA pick range PG: Topic/Dilly/(Sheppard?) & possible SA Pick range SF: Risacher/Williams/Walter (SG/SF)

PICK ONE PLAYER: possible TOR Pick range PG: Sheppard*/Castle/Collier & possible TOR Pick range SF: Salaun/Buzelis/Holland/Knecht (SG/SF with ball handing ability)

Something like (1.) Dilly + Salaun (2.) Risacher + Sheppard/Castle (3.) Williams + Sheppard

* - Reed Sheppard very well could be gone in the TOR Pick range I believe, top 5 in Givony's latest mock, but tank pushes Sheppard down 7-10 in many sims. Sheppard with the TOR pick may be a pipe dream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ all that said, I could see SA pulling some moves and we are looking at it all wrong as SA only gets 1 player from the 2024 First Round.

Either SA trades one of the FRPs or bundles both up into one selection, or the TOR FRP fails to convey.

Thread Information