Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many NBA teams are in Serbia?
    He’s not good enough for the Serbian league. Back to the piss ant Adriatic for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    luka is such a lost cause that there isn't even any kind of news about him that is less than six months old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the posters who thought Pop was the reason he sucked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a waste of physical talent and at only 22! The guy could be making millions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not good enough for the Serbian league. Back to the piss ant Adriatic for him.
    He never played in the Adriatic league. He ain't good enough for that league either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we all agree PATFO dropped the ball here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. When you draft for upside, you’re going to whiff on some of them. If you’re not failing on occasion, you’re not drafting aggressively enough. It’s not a mistake to fail occasionally. It’s a mistake to never fail.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see lots of morons here. He played in the Adriatic league a seasone before he got here. He wasn't that good. Also, Serbian clubs play in the Adriatic league, but he was part of a Slovenian club Olimpija, where both Green and Baynes played. As for his future, who knows. He can play in Croatia, but he will not get any offers from top clubs in the Adriatic league, cause he's still not good enough, just as he never was. Whoever is responsible for drafting this loser should never work in basketball again.
    If Spurs need a scout for the Adriatic league, you can contact me, i'll give u more useful info than your employees are giving you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. When you draft for upside, you’re going to whiff on some of them. If you’re not failing on occasion, you’re not drafting aggressively enough. It’s not a mistake to fail occasionally. It’s a mistake to never fail.
    I’m not mad at the pick and understand the strategy at the time but it was a fail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes they did. There is no upside to a kid playing in the 2nd league of Slovenia. That's such low compe ion and he wasn't even a starter there. I have no clue how they thought he might be an NBA player. They overvalued the combine scrimmages like crazy

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes they did. There is no upside to a kid playing in the 2nd league of Slovenia. That's such low compe ion and he wasn't even a starter there. I have no clue how they thought he might be an NBA player. They overvalued the combine scrimmages like crazy
    just stop talking if you don't know what the you re talking about.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a waste of physical talent and at only 22! The guy could be making millions.
    If the guy had any motor whatsoever. I mean this is a league where Lonnie Walker is making $6.3 million this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't agree. This was a character issue (or lack thereof) that PATFO was very good at evaluating in the past. I think PATFO overlooked and got fixated with Luka's freakish ability as mobile big on this case. Lately this management has focused on the prospects' workout at the Combine. Primo, Weiskamp and Barlow at the latest. While I think all 3 are good strong characters, so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s the 411. He didn’t fail for basketball reasons. He failed for at ude reasons. He thought he was a lot better than he actually was, and was lazy on defense. His skill set was pretty high level.

I’ll grant you that they didn’t do their usual thorough personal background check, if you’ll grant that it’s important to do so. So many here on ST think culture/character isn’t important, but if you don’t have it, you wind up with more Samanics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s the 411. He didn’t fail for basketball reasons. He failed for at ude reasons. He thought he was a lot better than he actually was, and was lazy on defense. His skill set was pretty high level.

I’ll grant you that they didn’t do their usual thorough personal background check, if you’ll grant that it’s important to do so. So many here on ST think culture/character isn’t important, but if you don’t have it, you wind up with more Samanics.
    True. He showed some nice flashes and Pop had dinner with him. They knew that about him though, they were just banking on him to change. His motor was always an issue, a main part of his scouting profile. I guess they just thought he'll work harder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid never got a fair shot imo. He looked really good in a few games he played (and that was the concensus on this board), was praised by Pop, then summarily benched.

I doubt he would have amounted to much in the end, but he certainly never did with pop's clear inconsistent messaging. The thing about Luka is that he's a clear cut confidence player that builds on prior performance. When he played well, only to remain on the bench, it was just too much for him.

He would have benefitted from getting the same amount of minutes and pats on the butt that Primo had last year and to have been labeled the SF of the future theway PATFO has treated Primo despite putting up the 3rd worst PER in the NBA last year.

The difference in their situations couldn't be more stark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he got plenty of shots. Every time he played he was underwhelming. He had like 1 or 2 decent games and that was it

NBA teams will sign a dude if he has talent regardless of his at ude. The fact that this bum is unemployed is very telling. His basketball potential that people were drooling over is all theoretical based on him being tall and a fluid athlete. Fact is he sucks and its compounded by the fact he has a at ude. Pop didn't ruin him, he ed himself by being a lazy worker with a bad at ude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't agree. This was a character issue (or lack thereof) that PATFO was very good at evaluating in the past. I think PATFO overlooked and got fixated with Luka's freakish ability as mobile big on this case. Lately this management has focused on the prospects' workout at the Combine. Primo, Weiskamp and Barlow at the latest. While I think all 3 are good strong characters, so far.
    Conversely, this year's picks seemed to go against the combine narrative. Branham and Wesley were very productive freshman at OSU and ND. Oddly, Sochan was the least productive of the 3 in college, but its not like he was a late combine riser either. We picked him near where he was penciled to go for months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conversely, this year's picks seemed to go against the combine narrative. Branham and Wesley were very productive freshman at OSU and ND. Oddly, Sochan was the least productive of the 3 in college, but its not like he was a late combine riser either. We picked him near where he was penciled to go for months.
    Nah I was talking about Barlow on this year’s draft. Sochan, Brahnam, Wesley are all need basis imo with great upsides. All addressing positional need and all 19 yrs old and make most of Spurs developing them early. But Barlow scored 17 pts at the scrimmage and at 6’10 and 7’3” wingspan, it’s remarkable no other team picked him at 2nd round (I really think he deserves early 2nd round or even late 1st), great mobile stretch project at only 19!

Anyway, I think that’s what BW saw with Samanic, and modern mobile big who can stretch the floor is a high demand that Spurs didn’t have and still trying to get, and they overlooked his lack of compe ive character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it was more a “combine performance out of nowhere” narrative. Both Sammich and Primo were relative unknowns heading into the combine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've gathered in this thread...if Pop and the FO don't get it right every single time, they are an absolute disgrace and should retire immediately.

Don't worry about all of the talent they've dragged out of the gutter of the NBA draft and turned into good (if not great) players. That doesn't matter.

But Samanic, man....that was just a damning mistake that should haunt them for the rest of their days. I'm surprised they haven't been hung, drawn, and quartered tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have helped the tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've gathered in this thread...if Pop and the FO don't get it right every single time, they are an absolute disgrace and should retire immediately.

Don't worry about all of the talent they've dragged out of the gutter of the NBA draft and turned into good (if not great) players. That doesn't matter.

But Samanic, man....that was just a damning mistake that should haunt them for the rest of their days. I'm surprised they haven't been hung, drawn, and quartered tbh
    Give them the Blood Eagle, but then memorialize their accomplishments.
    It's the only right thing to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly the kid was a quitter. Never had a shot at working his way up from loser to winner because he just quit every time he made a mistake instead of trying harder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was dominating the G-League for the Knicks before he got hurt. He's only 22. The talent is still there. I'm guessing the reason no one wants to take a chance on him is because of his character red flags.

Thread Information