Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Shooting them up or jailing them isn't a solution to that problem, tbh...
    I don't know solution. Why does Europe seem to avoid this?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California has zero inclination to solve the homeless problem they are exclusively responsible for.

Many of the myths are already dispelled. 85+% of CA homeless are CA natives, they don't know for certain because LA decided it wasn't important to count the homeless and get demographic information. They cited "Covid concerns". This count was scheduled for this past April when everyone had been moving about Cali maskless for about 6 months prior to.

The state enables the drug market, businesses and residents simply don't report most of the homeless crimes because the police have been neutered and can't/wont do anything about them.

The people paying the exorbitant taxes to live in the hole that is downtown LA are getting really sick and tired of it. Same goes in the Bay area, Portland and Seattle. Seattle might be the biggest hole of all, to be honest. They're never going to get another NBA franchise with how disgusting that city has become.

There's no hyperbole here. In California in 2022, being a derelict junkie gives you more freedoms than being an upstanding citizen.

Morally and intellectually dishonest people will try and brag about this place, but cosigning this state and government is basically Alt-Lefters trying to pwn the Repugz.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Europe isn't openly genociding the working classes out of existence like California is intent to do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty simple...Incarcerate criminals, ins utionalize mentally ill.

After that the conversation (rehabilitation/treatment) becomes more complicated but you can't move onto step two without completing step 1. Modern libs seem to think the kind thing to do is just let these people live in squalor and have feelings as they drive by them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no solution to homelessness in California short of removing them. Cali spent 500m to address gender equality while people are being attacked by homeless folks on the streets. The NIBYs ensure no decent housing units or work start programs will happen in affluent areas. If everything has to be in the slums, you'll get slum people.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Because Europe isn't openly genociding the working classes out of existence like California is intent to do.
    This is true but not the main reason I think brother.

I do see more and more people living in their cars....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you been to Paris, Madrid, etc, you would've seen them. Then you have a better social network in Europe, along with less drug usage.

ie:
    https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/...se/by-country/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California has zero inclination to solve the homeless problem they are exclusively responsible for.

Many of the myths are already dispelled. 85+% of CA homeless are CA natives, they don't know for certain because LA decided it wasn't important to count the homeless and get demographic information. They cited "Covid concerns". This count was scheduled for this past April when everyone had been moving about Cali maskless for about 6 months prior to.

The state enables the drug market, businesses and residents simply don't report most of the homeless crimes because the police have been neutered and can't/wont do anything about them.

The people paying the exorbitant taxes to live in the hole that is downtown LA are getting really sick and tired of it. Same goes in the Bay area, Portland and Seattle. Seattle might be the biggest hole of all, to be honest. They're never going to get another NBA franchise with how disgusting that city has become.

There's no hyperbole here. In California in 2022, being a derelict junkie gives you more freedoms than being an upstanding citizen.

Morally and intellectually dishonest people will try and brag about this place, but cosigning this state and government is basically Alt-Lefters trying to pwn the Repugz.
    I live in LA, tbh... you see tons of these people that have a car and live in it, for example. This is stuff you don't see in other States. The lack of affordable housing is a huge part of this.

Also, during COVID you would rarely see them. Back then they put most of them into hotel and motels (look up Project RoomKey). That program ended though, now it's back to what it was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no solution to homelessness in California short of removing them. Cali spent 500m to address gender equality while people are being attacked by homeless folks on the streets. The NIBYs ensure no decent housing units or work start programs will happen in affluent areas. If everything has to be in the slums, you'll get slum people.
    There is a solution, and it does start with affordable housing and a middle finger to NIMBYs, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is true but not the main reason I think brother.

I do see more and more people living in their cars....
    Yep, I was pretty surprised about that. In NJ, Texas, even Vegas, you see the typical hobo, but not that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starbucks closing 16 stores in dystopian holes.

"After careful consideration, we are closing some stores in locations that have experienced a high volume of challenging incidents that make it unsafe to continue to operate," a spokesperson told CNN Business in an email.
    The stores are in Seattle; Los Angeles; Philadelphia; Washington, DC, and Portland, Oregon. They will be closed by the end of July.

RACIST!!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"After careful consideration, we are closing some stores in locations that have experienced a high volume of challenging incidents that make it unsafe to continue to operate," a spokesperson told CNN Business in an email.
    The stores are in Seattle; Los Angeles; Philadelphia; Washington, DC, and Portland, Oregon. They will be closed by the end of July.

RACIST!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

RACIST!!!!!
    Left up in here..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

RACIST!!!!!
    Likely a business decision based primarily on ROI. Nothing to see here.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Left up in here..

A whole 16? How many locations do you think Starbucks has in those cities?

Why won't anyone respond to my stupid post, I'm so lonely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    backlash against labor organizing might be part of that calculation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They explained it in plain English.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A whole 16? How many locations do you think Starbucks has in those cities?

Why won't anyone respond to my stupid post, I'm so lonely
    16 fewer than before

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They explained it in plain English.
    lol reflexively swallowing corporate PR

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    16 fewer than before
    Not for long.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    16 fewer than before

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol reflexively swallowing corporate PR
    acting like "too many thugs" is better PR than "financial decision".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

RACIST!!!!!
    Frankly, as somebody living Los Angeles, there's a Starbucks seemingly every 5 blocks since there's one in almost every supermarket as well.

Always reminds me of Duane Reade in New York, but I didn't think it was sustainable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small sample:

How many do you need?

Thread Information