Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been approximately 162,000 minutes since it happened . . . and, honestly, it hurts. It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake. To be that close to such a great moment -- only to see it slip through the fingers -- is still devastating. Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the summer progressed as the realization set in regarding what exactly was at stake.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. It hurts.

I've tried getting away from it all to try to forget about it. But there I was, in the middle of the Pacific on a cruise ship in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those 28 seconds replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have four championships. And going into last season, a trip to the Finals would have been seen as a great success. , going into the playoffs, I thought getting to the Western Conference Finals was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would be 28 seconds from a championship, I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, .4 sucked. The foul was tough to swallow. The no-look pass was unpleasant. The backdoor sweeps weren't fun. The frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this.

I've had an extremely busy summer. Life is great -- never better. But it continues to haunt me.

Hopefully going to the game tonight will provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. For now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight.
    You need to find another hobby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread of the year IMO

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids in Africa probably enjoying them now

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There is nothing you can do spurfans we are going to keep reminding you about this over and over and for the rest of eternity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakerfan repping Lebron and former-celtic Allen... how the mighty have fallen, tbh...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakerfan repping Lebron and former-celtic Allen... how the mighty have fallen, tbh...
    We will force you to worship Kobe because its the truth he is better than Duncan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan has never allowed his team to fail to make the playoffs. Kobe can't say the same thing. He just doesn't have the drive to make others around him better like Tim. His teammates just don't respect him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will force you
    no you won't do other than put on a Heat jersey and pretend cancer Kobe had anything to do with it.

Jim Buss
    $48m sandwich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbqhimo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will force you to worship Kobe because its the truth he is better than Duncan.
    how is a role player for 3 of his les better than the MAN for all of his? hahaha. tell us how james worthy is better than hakeem olojuwon..

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    timvp with the obvious bads

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gay worship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no you won't do other than put on a Heat jersey and pretend cancer Kobe had anything to do with it.

Jim Buss
    $48m sandwich

Pop, the Mastermind superjames1992's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been approximately 162,000 minutes since it happened . . . and, honestly, it hurts. It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake. To be that close to such a great moment -- only to see it slip through the fingers -- is still devastating. Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the summer progressed as the realization set in regarding what exactly was at stake.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. It hurts.

I've tried getting away from it all to try to forget about it. But there I was, in the middle of the Pacific on a cruise ship in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those 28 seconds replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have four championships. And going into last season, a trip to the Finals would have been seen as a great success. , going into the playoffs, I thought getting to the Western Conference Finals was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would be 28 seconds from a championship, I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, .4 sucked. The foul was tough to swallow. The no-look pass was unpleasant. The backdoor sweeps weren't fun. The frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this.

I've had an extremely busy summer. Life is great -- never better. But it continues to haunt me.

Hopefully going to the game tonight will provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. For now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight.
    hey timvp can we get an update on how many minutes it's been now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey timvp can we get an update on how many minutes it's been now?
    YES I am very interested! If someone know that they need a life and then some.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Nope, it was Mavs fans. They've been doing it for years on this board. mono, stretch, bump, all of them dudes started that as well as starting the shtick that starts sentences with or lol.

example:

Spurs
    chokers
    missed layup

etc
    The thread thing was actually LakaLuva I think. It was incredibly stupid at the time, which is why I never expected it to catch on like it did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that Paul George @ :07 ?

Pop, the Mastermind superjames1992's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Come back, timvp. It's been almost a year now and it still hurts!!!..........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just knew we'd see this thread again before the playoffs started.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive come to the conclusion the ONLY way to heal the 2013 finals is to win the 2014 finals. Lets be serious, had we won last year, I doubt we would repeat. (Its entirely possible Duncan and Manu might have retired. So if we win it this year it will heal it, if we dont then its an open wound forever. Even if we win it in 2015, it wont heal it because its an entire season removed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive come to the conclusion the ONLY way to heal the 2013 finals is to win the 2014 finals. Lets be serious, had we won last year, I doubt we would repeat. (Its entirely possible Duncan and Manu might have retired. So if we win it this year it will heal it, if we dont then its an open wound forever. Even if we win it in 2015, it wont heal it because its an entire season removed
    Speak for yourself brah, I'm completely over any 'pain' from the 2013 finals.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Spurs beat Miami to win their 5th championship this Summer, it will probably be the greatest comeback in NBA history. For a team that nobody gave a chance to overcome 2013's horrible, gut shot meltdown of epic proportions is just this side of a sports miracle. I am a big homer, with the most rose colored glasses one can ever possess, and even I did not think that SA would come back and secure the best record in the NBA in less than one year. Mad props to this team and coaching staff for their perseverance. I think if they do get in Finals against Miami, they will have most of the NBA fans rooting for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Spurs beat Miami to win their 5th championship this Summer, it will probably be the greatest comeback in NBA history. For a team that nobody gave a chance to overcome 2013's horrible, gut shot meltdown of epic proportions is just this side of a sports miracle. I am a big homer, with the most rose colored glasses one can ever possess, and even I did not think that SA would come back and secure the best record in the NBA in less than one year. Mad props to this team and coaching staff for their perseverance. I think if they do get in Finals against Miami, they will have most of the NBA fans rooting for them.
    It's quite amazing what the Spurs players & coaches have done this season, they came in focus and grabbed the best record in the league. Honestly I did not re-watched game 6 until late October and even then I stopped the game with 28 seconds left!!!! lol

Thread Information