Page 12 of 207 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You guys see this pic of Ridgeway yet? Damn...

http://twitter.com/#!/TGow86/status/168826442652725248/photo/1

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    chronic-

Please copy and paste the actual pic for those of us who don't have the Twitter. Is this the one where he's dunking? Dude looks like Diesel about to bring down the rim.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

There are reports out there that Terrell Williams has accepted the Oakland Raiders DL coaching position. Excellent news. I think Texas can definitely get back in with Isiah Golden.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There are reports out there that Terrell Williams has accepted the Oakland Raiders DL coaching position. Excellent news. I think Texas can definitely get back in with Isiah Golden.
    BFLT, isn't a bit late for that? Letters of intent are all signed. Aren't they binding?

Or should that have been in blue .... <sarcasm>…?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Golden is class of 2013

Golden is class of 2013

Exactly. Who knows Golden is a small town kid, he might be more comfortable in CS. Aggies usually do well with legacies and small town kids.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from TE Durham Smythe. Sounds like the Stanford visit won't happen:

"Yes, Texas offered me," said the versatile tight end. "It was actually really laid back. I went into his (Mack Brown's) office and we talked for about 30 minutes. There was no pressure (to commit). He told me how to handle things. He said 'Obviously, you need to find the right place' and he said reasons why Texas was the right place. There was no pressure which I really liked. It was an honor."

"I was really impressed overall by everything," stated Smythe. "Coming in I was expecting to see all the great academic stuff. I knew that coming in. But the family atmosphere really stood out. Players and coaches were really close. They had top of the line facilities. I had a chance to speak to all of them today. Coach (Bryan) Harsin talked to me about the overall scheme. Coach (Major) Applewhite talked to me about utilization of tight ends, and I had a real long conversation with coach (Bruce) Chambers and he showed me some video. They're slim at the position right now because they have some guys that are graduating and some guys that are veterans. He focused on versatility. That's a big part of my game. They do a lot of things with their tight ends - flex, block, split them out and more."

"That's a tough decision," responded Smythe about the possibility of putting an end to the recruiting process. "I think I'm going to be making it in the next two days. I feel like I like all the places I've visited so far. I'll talk with my family in the next two days and decide. Obviously, it's still really early. Everything has really picked up recently. But I'm definitely starting to get an idea. I'm trying to keep it narrowed down as much as possible. I'll have to decide whether to take these other visits or not. Stanford has also showed serious interest and I did originally have an unofficial planned for the first of March."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More cool quotes from ATH Kyle Hicks:

“I was real nervous going in (Mack Brown's office) because I was like, 'Man, this is it',” Hicks said. “It was a great meeting and I walked out happy with the offer.”

“It's a relief, but it adds some pressure because I have a tough decision to make,” Hicks said. “Do I want to go play football at the University of Texas? That's a huge decision and if I choose it, I need to make sure it's the right one.”

“She really loved it. My mom loves Texas,” Hicks said. “My whole little entourage of people were cheering for me to commit. There are some disappointed people that I didn't do it there, but everyone knows that I need to sit down and make the right choice.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Those are some great quotes, TFloss. Can't wait for the first commits to start rollin in...Smythe and Hicks would be a nice start to this years take on offense.

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    This kid reminds me a lot of Pierre-Paul as far as sheer athleticism goes.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updated list for the second Junior Day on February 25th:

QB, JT Barrett, Wichita Falls Rider
    QB, Kenny Hill, Southlake Carroll ß------- has a baseball tournament that weekend
    QB, Cody Thomas, Colleyville Heritage ß------ hasn’t made a decision
    WR, Eldridge Massington, West Mesquite
    TE, Jeremiah Gaines, Red Oak
    TE, Trent Gow, Mansfield
    OL, Austin Davis, Mansfield
    OL, Patrick Morris, Denton Guyer
    OL, Kent Perkins, Richardson Lake Highlands
    OL, Ishmael Wilson, Dallas Bishop Dunne
    DT, Kerrick Huggins, Dallas Skyline
    DT, Christopher Robinson, Woodlawn (Shreveport, LA)
    DE, Deon Hollins, Jr., Fort Bend Marshall
    DE/LB, Mike Mitc , Plano Prestonwood Christian
    LB, Brett Wade, Kennedale
    DB, George Baltimore, Mansfield
    DB, Kameron Miles, West Mesquite
    DB, Maurice Smith, Fort Bend Dulles
    ATH, Jacorey Warrick, Cypress Falls

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Those are some great quotes, TFloss. Can't wait for the first commits to start rollin in...Smythe and Hicks would be a nice start to this years take on offense.
    I wouldn't be surprised if one came today, but like I told Whisky yesterday, I'm working on a rundown of all the guys with offers now that we've heard from most of them. Kind of a cheat sheet for everyone.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Forgot to address DT Kerrick Huggins of Dallas Skyline above. He is committed to Texas A&M but I haven't seen anything that says he won't be in Austin for JD2. The fact that A&M's DL coach, Terrell Williams, has left for the Oakland Raiders could shake things up a bit. Always hurts to lose a great recruiter.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from QB Tyrone Swoopes:

"It was pretty fun. I've really seen all the stuff they showed me today when I went for a camp last year and the BYU game. This one was more for my mom because she's never been there before," Swoopes said. "It was more for her. She had never met coach Brown or coach Harsin. It was good for her to get comfortable with them. She said she liked them both and was very comfortable with them, so that was good."

"I think it was pretty good. They really impressed my mom with the whole family aspect of things," Swoopes said. "At other places, the coaches' wives weren't there. My mom said she liked that, that everybody's wife was there at this junior day, as well as getting to know some of the players. She thought that was cool and really good."

"They just told me that I was one of the top recruits on their list," he said. "They're trying to get Texas back on the map. With some of the players there today, they think we could go back to the national championship if we all end up going there."

"I think with the whole thing, I'm just going to stay in Texas. The furthest I'd go is Oklahoma," Swoopes said. "I know that's what my mom and dad want. They don't say it, but I know that's what they want. That's what my friends and family would want me to do."

"I think it would just have to be me being comfortable at that place," Swoopes said when asked what will differentiate one school from the rest. "It will be the coaching staff and everybody there. That's pretty much it."

"I don't really have a time frame yet. I'm just going to sit down with my parents and maybe try to work something out. But I don't when I'll do anything yet," Swoopes said.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Do you think I Golden might drop by for JD2 since Williams left?
    Last edited by bluetrumpet; 02-13-2012 at 12:47 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Do you think I Golden might drop by for JD2 since Williams left?
    Not counting on it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Conference USA and Mountain West joining forces:

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssport...32522/34822810

All In, All Out.
    My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Is there an official list of everyone who was offered?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Interview with Colt McCoy and a reminder of what he meant to UT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0rEf...1&feature=plcp

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Add RB Kyle Hicks, right?
    Yes, my bad. I copied an old list by mistake. This is the correct list of who was offered yesterday. OL Kent Perkins and OL Ishmael Wilson will receive their offer in two weeks at JD2. No offer for LB Naashon Hughes.

QB, Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright
    RB, Dontre Wilson, DeSoto
    WR, Jake Oliver, Dallas Jesuit
    WR, Ra'Shaad Samples, Dallas Skyline
    TE, Durham Smythe, Belton
    OL, Darius James, Killeen Harker Heights
    OL/DL, Jake Raulerson, Celina
    OL/DL, A'Shawn Robinson, FW Arlington Heights
    DT, Justin Manning, Dallas Kimball
    ATH, Kyle Hicks, Arlington Martin
    ATH, Ricky Seals-Jones, Sealy

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I thought Taylor didn't make it since he had car trouble...I might be mistaken

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I thought Taylor didn't make it since he had car trouble...I might be mistaken
    You're correct on that. I just copied an older list by mistake and the list above your post is right. I deleted my original post and hope I didn't create confusion. I did not expect Taylor to get an offer even if he had showed up.

All In, All Out.
    My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    I guess I just missed it. Thanks TFloss.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I guess I just missed it. Thanks TFloss.
    It's all good. I think I posted something on it yesterday but it might have gotten lost in all of the other information. Hope that helps.

Thread Information