Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Iron deserves a good deal of credit for how he's come out this year. He's getting the feature as if he's the star sop re. He's lacking a lot things physically that limit his ceiling, but confidence was by far his biggest hurdle, and I love that he's being aggressive as so far. I'll be pretty annoyed if they cut him in order to have Manu and Simmons on the roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Iron deserves a good deal of credit for how he's come out this year. He's getting the feature as if he's the star sop re. He's lacking a lot things physically that limit his ceiling, but confidence was by far his biggest hurdle, and I love that he's being aggressive as so far. I'll be pretty annoyed if they cut him in order to have Manu and Simmons on the roster.
    He belongs on the roster, no doubt about it. Not going to work against all lineups but lethal shooting with more confidence will be badly needed. He's outplayed Murray and Bertans badly.

When's the guarantee date? $100k gets guaranteed on August 1. What about the rest of it

If they end up not having room for him, I'd imagine they could at least net a protected second rounder for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He belongs on the roster, no doubt about it. Not going to work against all lineups but lethal shooting with more confidence will be badly needed. He's outplayed Murray and Bertans badly.

When's the guarantee date? $100k gets guaranteed on August 1. What about the rest of it

If they end up not having room for him, I'd imagine they could at least net a protected second rounder for him.
    I would assume it comes guaranteed on January 15, or whenever the date is for all the contracts to become guaranteed. I don't necessarily see Forbes as having a future in the team's rotation, but you can't ignore that he is the most dynamic perimeter shooter on the roster right now.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would assume it comes guaranteed on January 15, or whenever the date is for all the contracts to become guaranteed. I don't necessarily see Forbes as having a future in the team's rotation, but you can't ignore that he is the most dynamic perimeter shooter on the SL roster right now.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is the most dynamic perimeter shooter on the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is the most dynamic perimeter shooter on the team.
    I think he meant the most dynamic shooter off the ball. Kawhi is going to need to dominate the ball so much - especially if no Manu - that surrounding him with shooters will be so key.

Murray remains an awkward fit. Can't dribble, can't shoot right now and is messy with passes (could be less skilled guys in SL who can't catch). Size and effort on defense have been good, and rebounding is a plus. But playing him off the ball only works if he can be a slasher. He's not ready to run an offense.

Not sure which lineups you can play Forbes with. He probably faces bench units and is on the floor with Manu and Pau. He'll get eaten alive on the defensive end unless careful.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he meant the most dynamic shooter off the ball. Kawhi is going to need to dominate the ball so much - especially if no Manu - that surrounding him with shooters will be so key.

Murray remains an awkward fit. Can't dribble, can't shoot right now and is messy with passes (could be less skilled guys in SL who can't catch). Size and effort on defense have been good, and rebounding is a plus. But playing him off the ball only works if he can be a slasher. He's not ready to run an offense.

Not sure which lineups you can play Forbes with. He probably faces bench units and is on the floor with Manu and Pau. He'll get eaten alive on the defensive end unless careful.
    On or off the ball he still is.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes can do everything Mills can do, only better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theres no way hes not on the roster. No way.

Mills/ Forbes/ Murray/ Parker
    Green/ Manu/ White
    Kawhi/ Simmons/ KA
    Gay/ Bertans or KA
    Aldridge/ Gasol/ vet min big. ( Lee?, Splitter?)

Done and done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think there's really a need to respond to dabom on this. Kawhi isn't a particularly dynamic shooter like Curry, Allen, Korver or even Green was back in the day. You're right that off-ball work is a big part of this. But Kawhi's perimeter shooting (especially not counting long-twos) doesn't tend to come off a lot of movement at all. A lot of that is a function of Kawhiso/LMA post-ups and the fact that Kawhi is hardly off the ball for any type of play. But most of his threes come off the dribble or on simple rotation plays. Maybe we would have seen him become more dynamic next to a guy like Paul. But he's nowhere close to the top of the team in that regard right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theres no way hes not on the roster. No way.

Mills/ Forbes/ Murray/ Parker
    Green/ Manu/ White
    Kawhi/ Simmons/ KA
    Gay/ Bertans or KA
    Aldridge/ Gasol/ vet min big. ( Lee?, Splitter?)

Done and done
    That roster has no balance. There are going to be teams against which you have to play two bigs. We have no way of knowing if Gay's going to be good enough on offense to counteract guarding a skilled four -- or if he's even going to be effective defensively after his injury. They need someone who can legitimately play the four in addition to the three centers. Even Houston and GS have more than three bigs on their rosters.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone please give me forbes shooting percentages vs Kawhi? got.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is one of the best midrange shooter and 3 point shooters on or off the ball and he isn't a dynamic perimeter shooter? WTF is this got smoking?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has every type of shot in the NBA. Does anyone agree with that got?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I;m gonna have to add to the "stupid chinook says" list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Four posts?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching Bertans in SL and knowing Gay is still rehabbing, people are crazy to think you can go into next season relying just on Kyle at the 4. Sure, you can play Kawhi there in spurts.

Forbes could well be odd man out. Perhaps Manu doesn't sign with the team right away either and pulls a bit of a Clemens? Would create a need for another player for a few months. But unlikely given Parker's injury.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That roster has no balance. There are going to be teams against which you have to play two bigs. We have no way of knowing if Gay's going to be good enough on offense to counteract guarding a skilled four -- or if he's even going to be effective defensively after his injury. They need someone who can legitimately play the four in addition to the three centers. Even Houston and GS have more than three bigs on their rosters.
    I think theyd be fine. Roles for true bigs at the 4 are getting more and more narrow. Only two teams that will play big big for a better part of the game are the Pelicans & Clippers. In those cases Spurs can utilize some LA/ Pau lineups when needed.

Question, what true PF can SA realistically afford in your eyes? And will that PF be gpod enough to beat out Bertans/ Anderson at the 4?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I second this.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think theyd be fine. Roles for true bigs at the 4 are getting more and more narrow. Only two teams that will play big big for a better part of the game are the Pelicans & Clippers. In those cases Spurs can utilize some LA/ Pau lineups when needed.

Question, what true PF can SA realistically afford in your eyes? And will that PF be gpod enough to beat out Bertans/ Anderson at the 4?
    I am sure Lee, but I am not sure if he would accept a role that would fluctuate with matchups and style. I'd also like for that big to be a rim protector like Tiago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sure Lee, but I am not sure if he would accept a role that would fluctuate with matchups and style. I'd also like for that big to be a rim protector like Tiago.
    With the injuries and age on the roster, they can't afford another guy who is already injury prone. Love Tiago, but not going to work given the packed roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was at a party with him once at MSU a couple years back.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was at a party with him once at MSU a couple years back.
    What color pants were you wearing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been really impressive in Vegas so far. Really hope he's not the odd man out.. don't think he will be though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information