Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cue ST meltdown over not getting a player no one heard about a day ago.
    meh,spurs accomplished what I wanted. Made the team worse and got a first for poodle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a offer by Boston

League sources tell MassLive that Boston offered Payton Pritchard, Danilo Gallinari and multiple future second-round picks for the big man ahead of Thursday’s deal. Ultimately, the Spurs elected to go with the Raptors’ offer which included a top-6 protected first-round pick for 2024, two future second round picks and center Khem Birch.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know, I would still love if they could get Dalano Banton from the Raptors in this trade; he went to a small college with Charles Bassey, for what it’s worth, and for a horrible team like us he would be another player to consider, etc. I think Banton would be great for passing, ball movement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize Rudy is more accomplished than Jacob right? Who would have given them more? I’m just wondering how you arrived at this estimation.
    Poeltl got 1 protected FRP, 1 vs how many for Gobert??. I know he’s not DPOY, but is the difference between the two really that far? I don’t know, but ST been claiming Poeltl is top 10…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a offer by Boston

League sources tell MassLive that Boston offered Payton Pritchard, Danilo Gallinari and multiple future second-round picks for the big man ahead of Thursday’s deal. Ultimately, the Spurs elected to go with the Raptors’ offer which included a top-6 protected first-round pick for 2024, two future second round picks and center Khem Birch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a offer by Boston

FWIW, I'm hearing the Celtics actually did offer the Spurs a first round pick (in the form of unswapping that 2028 pick). After they lost out, Boston likely didn't want other teams asking for a first when shopping for a center -- thus this report that they've been offering second rounders all along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Scotto from the Office?

Need better sources tbh.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, I'm hearing the Celtics actually did offer the Spurs a first round pick (in the form of unswapping that 2028 pick). After they lost out, Boston likely didn't want other teams asking for a first when shopping for a center -- thus this report that they've been offering second rounders all along.
    Interesting, thanks for the info. Obviously the Spurs preferred Toronto's offer, but I wonder if it was the seconds that put them over the top? Those seem to be much more valuable that I would have imagined this trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a good offer, and likely explains why the Spurs got such low protections on Toronto's pick: they had a solid offer to fall back on, so they held their hand. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad the protections on that first were relatively light tbh. Trade is fine by me now.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they waited like 6 hours they could have gotten 5 second round picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they waited like 6 hours they could have gotten 5 second round picks
    Underrated aspect of the trade. Spurs did well to complete the deal last night before the secondroundapalooza commenced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think Gobert is so much better? How did Jazz get that much haul? I’ve been in sales for over 25 yrs. It’s timing and marketing… but best of all nothing personal. Spurs are too “nice,” trying to do what’s right for the player. Well nice people get ed all the time, that’s my point. Poeltl is not the best, but I’m sure Spurs could’ve gotten more
    you don't have any information, yet you're "sure" they could have gotten more. that kind of thinking is why you have been in sales for 25 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don't have any information, yet you're "sure" they could have gotten more. that kind of thinking is why you have been in sales for 25 years.
    Precisely. But I bet I make your salary in 2-3 orders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wanted to keep him ... tanking is fine but you don't need to throw away everything ... Poeltl is a cornerstone and he was my second favorite player on the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting a lightly protected FRP for Poeltl who is on an expiring contract is definitely good value, in my opinion. I think he will look much better on the Raptors than he has recently with the Spurs. He is a very solid defensive C with a pretty clear-cut ceiling and not likely to get significantly better at anything than he is now.
    As for the comparison with Gobert: Gobert more or less single-handedly was the reason for the Jazz being a top 10-ish defensive team in multiple seasons (regular seasons, that is), he is a multiple All Star and DPOY. Poeltl is neither that good nor does he have the accolades, and those matter in trades (maybe more than they should at times, I don't know).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think Gobert is so much better? How did Jazz get that much haul?…

Everybody knows why the Jazz got so much for Gobert. It’s because the TWolves are crazy.

… I’ve been in sales for over 25 yrs. It’s timing and marketing…

It can also matter if the other party is bat flapping insane.

The Spurs weren’t as lucky at finding a lunatic to trade with. Darn it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wanted to keep him ... tanking is fine but you don't need to throw away everything ... Poeltl is a cornerstone and he was my second favorite player on the team

Poeltl sets great screens, but that didn’t matter very much on this version of the Spurs.

He can be excellent at the pick and roll, too, but that hasn’t much mattered since Derrick White left.

He was being wasted here. It was time to move on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cornerstone of what ? All we did with him on the team is become a worse and worse team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald @JMcDonald_SAEN
    5mPop had no specific timetable for Birch to be cleared but said last night it would be "quite a while."Might explain why they want to bump Charles Bassey to the big club.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a good offer, and likely explains why the Spurs got such low protections on Toronto's pick: they had a solid offer to fall back on, so they held their hand. Thanks.
    That still wasn't a great offer as that pick was going to be the worse pick of what the spurs were already getting of the two picks.

But there is a possibilty that both Boston and San antonio could be lottery teams and the spurs could end up with two top five draft picks while Toronto's pick is a guarantee to not be possible to be a top five pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2hWhile we're talking Spurs roster management, the team doesn't expect Khem Birch to be available to play until after the All-Star break.He has a pre-existing knee issue and Spurs want him checked out by team medical staff in SA before he does basketball activities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2hWhile we're talking Spurs roster management, the team doesn't expect Khem Birch to be available to play until after the All-Star break.He has a pre-existing knee issue and Spurs want him checked out by team medical staff in SA before he does basketball activities.
    Hmmm, Raptors scouts say Birch was good until he got a knee injury and tried to play through it (last season, I believe). He's never been the same since. I wonder if the Spurs are angling to medically waive him and either have insurance play his remaining contract -- or get an injury exception.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cornerstone of what ? All we did with him on the team is become a worse and worse team.
    sure that was on Poeltl

Thread Information