Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took pop 1/3 of the season to take Sochan off point. How long is it going to take to make Barlow the primary backup 5?
    Barlow is not the answer either. He had Gafford and Bagley looking like HOF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gonna soon cost spurs 3 FRPs to offload the karate kid's contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

I guess he got a case of the yips for Christmas.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow is not the answer either. He had Gafford and Bagley looking like HOF
    Barlow is a much better basketball player than Collins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've always been a "shoot away" kind of guy when guys are in slumps, but my god, maybe pop should tell him he's literally not allowed to shoot 3's anymore. no more pick and pops.

he's actually shooting a career high on 2pt attempts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t care at all about him if he wasn’t offered that ty contract. Way overpaid for how little he contributes.but as usual this dumb organization has a problem with giving out charity contracts to non long term solutions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said it before and ill say it again…i wouldnt be surprised if Zach was caught in a drug bust. Ive seen eyes like his before and it’s one of a cokehead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sexual assault with primo
    domestic violence with forbes
    substance abuse with zach

it’s a trifecta

spurs the new jailblazers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let's see . . .

In his last game (last night) in 21 minutes he had 12 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 blocks. (He also had 6 points albeit on 9 shots.)

He's an ancient 26 years old.

He's got an arguably high salary that goes on and on until . . . year after next.

What a disaster!

Assemble all of our draft capital to get rid of this problem!!!
    Last edited by Russ; 02-15-2024 at 07:15 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess who was talked about during the Dunc'd On podcast episode about the worst contracts in the league?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    almost 20 million a year for next year and after....Money could of been used better.Man wright better make sum happen
    this summer and make some improvements.Tgree straight years of being terrible is not acceptable unless we are improving.
    We drafted wemby and yet got worse,Just says something about wright moves with the roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His salary will be needed for the Trae deal, so just chill.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait a minute, two MORE years?!?

(barf emoji)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His salary will be needed for the Trae deal, so just chill.
    Collins salary will not be tradable until October. It's veteran contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see what anyone here is complaining about. The going rate for a good bench big man is about 15-20 million a year. We got a bargain in his contract. How many of yall are GMs? How many of yall have experience in the front office of an NBA team. PATFO have been making good moves for years now. To question them shows you aren’t really a fan of this team

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see what anyone here is complaining about. The going rate for a good bench big man is about 15-20 million a year. We got a bargain in his contract. How many of yall are GMs? How many of yall have experience in the front office of an NBA team. PATFO have been making good moves for years now. To question them shows you aren’t really a fan of this team
    Thats the problem...Hes not a good bench big man either.He cant defend or shoot.He hurts this team when hes out there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hasn't the point already been made zacks new salary n contract don't kick in till next season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins salary will not be tradable until October. It's veteran contract.
    No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see what anyone here is complaining about. The going rate for a good bench big man is about 15-20 million a year. …

Nah.

Andre Drummond, twice NBA rebound champ, twice an All-Star, once All-NBA, 30 yrs old, contract is $3.36 M.

Mason Plumlee, $5 M.

Eubanks, who’s been playing quite a bit for the Suns, $2.35 M.

Dwight Powell, who had started for the Mavs the last couple seasons, $4 M.

Mo Bamba, also Dario Saric, both at $2 M.

A bench big man who is simply that - a bench big man - is lucky to get over $5 M in this league.

The reason Zollins got that contract is because the Spurs planned for him to be a starter beside Wemby. It’s starter money, at the level for a supporting player. But for a bench big man it’s a bad contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope I'm wrong, thought that I read that somewhere on this beloved forum. I take everything I read here as 100% accurate and true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah.

Andre Drummond, twice NBA rebound champ, twice an All-Star, once All-NBA, 30 yrs old, contract is $3.36 M.

Mason Plumlee, $5 M.

Eubanks, who’s been playing quite a bit for the Suns, $2.35 M.

Dwight Powell, who had started for the Mavs the last couple seasons, $4 M.

Mo Bamba, also Dario Saric, both at $2 M.

A bench big man who is simply that - a bench big man - is lucky to get over $5 M in this league.

The reason Zollins got that contract is because the Spurs planned for him to be a starter beside Wemby. It’s starter money, at the level for a supporting player. But for a bench big man it’s a bad contract.
    Oh I’m aware

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is a good player. He was our best player at the end of last year. He's really bad right now. Either you have to believe he's completely lost the ability to play, which is probably not the case, or you recognize he doesn't have it right now for one reason or another.

The brain trust on this site thinks he never was good.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is a good player. He was our best player at the end of last year. He's really bad right now. Either you have to believe he's completely lost the ability to play, which is probably not the case, or you recognize he doesn't have it right now for one reason or another.

The brain trust on this site thinks he never was good.
    The biggest issue with sports fans in general is that they can't accept the fact that players can improve or decline.
    They mostly make up their mind and that's about it.

Collins is this team's veteran. Even if we take into account his last season level, his extension was an overpay. But whatever, feelgood story, player coming back from an injury, he's still fairly young and will get even better etc.
    And then he turns into a G-league player. He's legit looking worse than two G-league bigs we have on the roster. Both pre-injury Bassey and Barlow have looked better than him.
    He's getting completely torched by bench players which just can't happen.

He's completely out of it and that's a fact. Right now he's the definition of a charity case player.
    Are we supposed to hope and pray he goes back to last season's level? no.

Poor shooting streak can be excused and it's not his fault he's got the green light to shoot threes when he obviously can't, but I just can't get over that atrocious defense.
    He's completely lost.

Gets toched in the post, on pnr, can't boxout properly, makes dumb fouls, doesn't communicate and coordinate defense as a big, there's just nothing positive to write about. And none of those things have anything to do with current level of play.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was really good to last year in the last 15 games 17 PPG at 48/40/80. 4.4 3PA. 1.1 STL and 1.3 BLK. He would probably valued at 14 a year for 3-4 years if he hit the market last offseason. They McDermott his deal to make it look worse than it is. More money for less years. It is unlikely to affect what they do. The salary floor is a real thing that teams accounts for. Worst case he would just be our next salary floor/ trade filler guy after they waive Graham.

The bad contracts would matter maybe 3 years from now once Wemby extension hit. So far Devin is the only one on the books for that for a cheap 13% of the cap.

Thread Information