Page 120 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 4270
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it’s total BS, but it wouldn’t be the first time a team used a beat writer to get a message out there. Just looking at who reported the promise and who is saying it’s false… the team has motivation to hide their intentions. Wagner’s camp has little since he already knows his draft floor. Assuming it’s true.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have no doubt there’s a strong chance the Kings select Franz, I’ve said it all along. But here’s an actual journalist, and not a rando from Michigan:

According to league sources, the Kings have conducted interviews with Florida State forward Scottie Barnes, Tennessee guard Keon Johnson, Baylor point guard Davion Mitc and Arkansas guard Moses Moody, among others. Sources said the Kings have not met with Duke forward Jalen Johnson, Michigan forward Franz Wagner or Gonzaga forward Corey Kispert, although that could change in the weeks ahead.”

They can also hide their interest with this journalist. We'll see but yes i can see them going with wagner or J Johnson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have no doubt there’s a strong chance the Kings select Franz, I’ve said it all along. But here’s an actual journalist, and not a rando from Michigan…

E: Image didn't load
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 07-11-2021 at 05:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not the biggest Wagner guy but do agree that it’s a very good fit.

Could be a tumultuous few months for him there though, at least initially.
    I remember one article that said the owner Vivek Ranadive suggested to one coach experimenting with a 4 on 5 defense so that the Kings would always have one guy hanging near their own basket to score on quick outlet passes from rebounded misses. I thought, what's next-- giant spring shoes? head bands made of copper?

What's your hesitation on Wagner? I'll admit, I had a moment seeing his brother Mo put up big numbers for the German national team last week and remembering how bad he was in the NBA... one comp is Mike Dunleavy with good defense, which is a pretty good floor imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be BS but thought it was worth a post…

It seems likely Franz has a promise with some team (that he's happy with); otherwise I think he'd be running around a lot more at this stage of the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs never met, interviewed, or worked out Kawhi. Teams do try to hide their interest.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs never met, interviewed, or worked out Kawhi. Teams do try to hide their interest.
    Yup. The Kings saying they haven't met with Wagner doesn't answer the question of whether they gave him a promise. It's just a deflection.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaden Springer workout.

OKC 16-18 , NY 19-20 and HOU 23-24 available for a trade down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People put way too much stock in tweets and other media blurbs. I saw one thread on reddit where people shared a TMZ video of Doc Rivers walking into a restaurant, responding to a question about Ben Simmons as "evidence" that he wants to keep him... those blurbs mean absolutely nothing. What's he going to do-- bare his soul and his innermost thoughts on the shortcomings of Simmons to a reporter on the street from TMZ? Same with the vast majority of responses from players about other players-- of course they're going to say the most diplomatic and positive things when asked about teammates. They have to see them in practice in a few hours. Very few people are responding to questions like that with deep analysis and perfect honesty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noah Magaro-George @N_Magaro

Tennessee Freshman Jaden Springer had a workout with the San Antonio Spurs, his agent @a3Chad tells me.
    9:30am · 11 Jul 2021 · Twitter for iPhone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see anything special with Jaden Springer, he’ll be a good player but ehhh I don’t see much upside

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wonder if theres an avenue for the Spurs to trade down with all these lower projected prospects. Draft can’t come soon enough!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember one article that said the owner Vivek Ranadive suggested to one coach experimenting with a 4 on 5 defense so that the Kings would always have one guy hanging near their own basket to score on quick outlet passes from rebounded misses. I thought, what's next-- giant spring shoes? head bands made of copper?

What's your hesitation on Wagner? I'll admit, I had a moment seeing his brother Mo put up big numbers for the German national team last week and remembering how bad he was in the NBA... one comp is Mike Dunleavy with good defense, which is a pretty good floor imo.
    I want to hear more about this headbands made of copper idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to hear more about this headbands made of copper idea.

top secret, I'm working on the trademark

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18 Days until the Draft!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft tracker

Interview only

• Keon Johnson
    • Kai Jones
    • Corey Kispert
    • LJ Figueroa

Workout + Interview

• Josh Primo
    • Chris Duarte
    • Trey Murphy III
    • Tre Mann
    • Joe Wieskamp
    • Austin Reaves
    • Romeo Weems
    • MaCio Teague
    • Yves Pons
    • Ethan Thompson
    • Terry Taylor
    • Jaden Springer
    • Colbey Ross
    • Jordan Burns

Workout + Interview, but went back to college

• Jordan Hall
    • Davion Mintz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft tracker

Interview only

• Keon Johnson
    • Kai Jones
    • Corey Kispert
    • LJ Figueroa

Workout + Interview

• Josh Primo
    • Chris Duarte
    • Trey Murphy III
    • Tre Mann
    • Joe Wieskamp
    • Austin Reaves
    • Romeo Weems
    • MaCio Teague
    • Yves Pons
    • Ethan Thompson
    • Terry Taylor
    • Jaden Springer
    • Colbey Ross
    • Jordan Burns

• Jordan Hall
    • Davion Mintz
    I'm curious that after the interview, the Spurs ruled out a workout and any potential of drafting those four guys? Did they interview badly, the Spurs removed them from draft consideration? Or is the lack of a workout due to another reason?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious that after the interview, the Spurs ruled out a workout and any potential of drafting those four guys? Did they interview badly, the Spurs removed them from draft consideration? Or is the lack of a workout due to another reason?
    I'm 70% confident they were interviews taken during the combine (due to the timing). From what I've seen, each team is set up with a room in the building where the combine took place and then a prospect goes into that room for an interview.

To me, those interviews were due diligence type interviews rather than serious consideration. Obviously, I could be wrong.

There's also a chance they bring them in at a later date for an actual workout and we never hear about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    July 7 Pacer Draft Workouts per https://www.nba.com/pacers/#

Isaiah Jackson, Jeremiah Robinson Earl, Ayo Dosunmu, Terry Taylor, Derrick Alston Jr. Kyle Mangas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the guys that they just interview with, they probably already have scouted them in person and have intel on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    July 7 Pacer Draft Workouts per https://www.nba.com/pacers/#

Isaiah Jackson, Jeremiah Robinson Earl, Ayo Dosunmu, Terry Taylor, Derrick Alston Jr. Kyle Mangas
    Per his interview,

Isaiah thinks he's a 4 in the NBA, and a little bit of a 5. Studies Kevin Garnett. Have huge doubts, like I do with nearly every prospect. But if the guy can shoot, that changes things a bit. He does have a better free throw percentage than someone like Kai Jones, so he has that going for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft tracker

Interview only

• Keon Johnson
    • Kai Jones
    • Corey Kispert
    • LJ Figueroa

Workout + Interview

• Josh Primo
    • Chris Duarte
    • Trey Murphy III
    • Tre Mann
    • Joe Wieskamp
    • Austin Reaves
    • Romeo Weems
    • MaCio Teague
    • Yves Pons
    • Ethan Thompson
    • Terry Taylor
    • Jaden Springer
    • Colbey Ross
    • Jordan Burns

• Jordan Hall
    • Davion Mintz
    I mean, just reading into who they've only interviewed and who they've had private workouts for, it does suggest trading down. Of course there are other ways of evaluating talent, and of course they do hide their intentions, but they haven't worked out anyone projected to be picked at the #12 slot. Springer, Mann, Murphy, Primo, Duarte are all thought to be late second-rounders. I wouldn't put it past the FO to simply pick who they want early, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, just reading into who they've only interviewed and who they've had private workouts for, it does suggest trading down. Of course there are other ways of evaluating talent, and of course they do hide their intentions, but they haven't worked out anyone projected to be picked at the #12 slot. Springer, Mann, Murphy, Primo, Duarte are all thought to be late second-rounders. I wouldn't put it past the FO to simply pick who they want early, though.
    Pattern of workouts compared to last year is indeed very different. The guys they brought in last year suggested an anticipation for someone to drop to their pick at #11. This year? Not so much. Obviously a lot of variables go into this, but as always it is fun to speculate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    precisely my thoughts. of the 20 or so listed, almost none of those guys seem like top #12 picks, aside from maybe one or two of them. I'm hoping there's something to read into this or the Spurs FO is viewing this draft very differently than my hopes and expectations would lead me to believe.

Thread Information