Page 121 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3809
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby using all the damn rim just like Timmy

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said Wemby can't shoot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fill in the blank: Wemby is the best rookie since _____

I don’t think anyone in this century has an argument at this point. Going back further…Duncan? Shaq? D-Rob? He’s in those guys’ tier IMO. Scary considering he’s far younger than they were as rookies (less so Shaq, but still).
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROOKIE PER 36
    PTS REB AST STL BLK EFF. FG% AGE
    Michael Jordan
    26.5 6.1 5.5 2.2 0.8 51.8% 21-22
    Victor Wembanyama
    26.0 12.8 4.3 1.7 4.2 51.8% 19-20
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    24.1 12.1 3.4 51.8% 22

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

*restricted minutes*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good read for Wemby sniffers: https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfee...okie-greatness

My fave:

Morten Stig Jensen: It's a shared number one spot. The defense over the course of the season is one thing. In the modern era, we've never seen a rookie this disruptive on that end of the floor, so I just can't not go with that. The second part of that question is the 5x5 line. Let's be real for a second. Headlines were written all over the world 24 hours before he did it, because he was one assist shy of doing it, before he actually did it. Every single one of those headlines felt pointless the day after, because no one stopped to consider the fact that he might actually pull it off the next time he hit the court. Because why should they? It'd be illogical! You have guys who go their whole careers just getting close to a 5x5 line, and this 20-year-old damn near had two of them in a 24-hour span. If I didn't know any better, Wembanyama is a glitch in the Matrix, put there to test our resolve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *restricted minutes*
    Restricted Month also

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legs loves what Pop is doing with Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sniffers fantasize about some Karate Kid scenario where Wemby is Daniel Larusso, needing Mr. Miyagi to break him down and teach him how to paint a ing fence for success to follow. The reality is the Wemby is Bruce Lee and can already kick Mr Miyagi's head off his body before he knew what hit him.
    This is the most pathetic strawman I've read this week, and I actively encourage you to find a single "sniffer" who believes anything remotely close to this. Do it, prove me wrong...

You didn't have to go all the way over to Re ville after leaving Snifferland, y'know. There's better places to be at, than both of those. You can do better than this character you've been playing, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been most surprised by Wemby's shooting, and by God I hope he keeps letting it fly. His shooting skill is the true game-breaker (besides his defense which is warping on its own). And he's shooting and making near-logo 3's..... Jesus.

He's clearly taken a page from KD & Steph's shooting and I couldn't be happier. Perimeter playing bigs is where the NBA is headed, and Wemby will trailblaze so much of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to derail the hype train, but what’s interesting is how bad Wemby has been on catch and shoot 3s. It’s insane how he’s been lights out on the tougher pull-up attempts but then struggles so much with easier wide open catch and shoot attempts. He’s still just shooting 32% from 3 this year.

That being said, it’s pretty damn exciting to imagine what he’ll be like in a year or 2 if/when he gets more comfortable as a spot up shooter. With how good he’s been on the tougher stuff, hard to imagine him not becoming great at the “easier” stuff in short time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to derail the hype train, but what’s interesting is how bad Wemby has been on catch and shoot 3s. It’s insane how he’s been lights out on the tougher pull-up attempts but then struggles so much with easier wide open catch and shoot attempts. He’s still just shooting 32% from 3 this year.

That being said, it’s pretty damn exciting to imagine what he’ll be like in a year or 2 if/when he gets more comfortable as a spot up shooter. With how good he’s been on the tougher stuff, hard to imagine him not becoming great at the “easier” stuff in short time.
    Given his starting point was under 30% career-wise I think he is doing fine. They have asked him about it and he said it is an issue of him being consistent in his technique and ready to catch the ball. He is progressing well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the most pathetic strawman I've read this week, and I actively encourage you to find a single "sniffer" who believes anything remotely close to this. Do it, prove me wrong...

You didn't have to go all the way over to Re ville after leaving Snifferland, y'know. There's better places to be at, than both of those. You can do better than this character you've been playing, man.
    You want me to prove an analogy? Have the fumes completely rotted away your brain?

Also, it's 2024... what's up with the R word man?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he's a rhythm shooter, think free throws. you can take your comfy dribble, gather the ball, then go up. fortunately his form and stroke is good so its just something he's going to have the emphasize. make sure he's not changing his mechanics with or without a dribble

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would have been in hilarious if we had Wemby in the 2000's. the one guy who could block dirk's fadeaway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would have been in hilarious if we had Wemby in the 2000's. the one guy who could block dirk's fadeaway
    That damn 1 footed fade! Ugh!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    • Fastest player to reach 1K+ PTS, 500+ REB, and 150+ BLK in their career ( 1423 minutes )

• First player in NBA history to average a 5x5 over a two-game span

• Youngest player to record a 5x5 game (only 15 players have ever had a 5x5 game)

• Youngest player to record a 20-20 game

• Youngest player to record a triple-double with blocks

• Youngest center to record a triple-double

• Youngest player in NBA history to record a triple-double with 0 turnovers

• ONLY player in NBA history to average at least 20 PTS, 10 REB, 3 BLK, and one 3-pointer per game

• ONLY player in NBA history to have these numbers in a season 150+ BLK, 150+ AST, and 75+ threes

• 2nd player ever to record back-to-back 5+ STL, 5+ BLK games (MJ is the other player)

• 2nd player ever to record 25+ PTS, 10+ REB, 5+ AST, 5+ STL, and 5+ BLK in a game (Hakeem Olajuwon is the other player)

• Averaging 20 PTS, 10 REB, 3 BLK in a season, last player to do this was MVP Shaq

• Most Consecutive Double-Doubles by a Teenager in NBA History

• 2nd-youngest player to record 10 blocks in a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bol Bol was the first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard LMA has been around shoot arounds. Would be sick if Victor learned his jumper or fadeway.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 59 games and 14185 minutes played this season, the whole Miami Heat team recorded 196 blocks total.
    In 54 games and 1548 minutes played this season, Victor Wembanyama recorded 180 blocks total.

Thread Information