Page 126 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 5945
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I didn't bother with Inherent Vice, because The Master was disappointing. I don't like the direction PTA is going. There Will Be Blood was a ing masterpiece, but The Master was a dud.
    Epic

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Neon Demon-Really weird and unusual plot but dug it, Elle Fanning and Jenna Malone were both solid. Might be the weirdest horror/thriller movie I've seen (and I've seen quite a few. 4/5

Conjuring 2- Even better than the first, good scares, none of the cheap thrills that you see in typical horror movies. Liked how it was set in England and how it contrasted with the 1st one 4.5/5

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I have 3 choices tonite and need a recommendation. I could go to IMDB, but, I don't want to go that way.

1. Melissa George in "The Betrayed."

2. "Bereft"

3. Aidan Quinn in "Stay."

I'd appreciate an honest recommendation here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Infiltrator with Bryan Cranston.
    Snooze fest.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    The Last Waltz - 10/10. Can't believe I've never seen this till now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Infiltrator with Bryan Cranston.
    Snooze fest.
    I literally fell asleep at the movies when I went to see it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils

7/10

worth a watch, easy to tell the scenes where its his brother, his brother doesn't have that movie star look. Gets pretty sappy toward the end but you can guess why

unexpectedly decent movie, like starship troopers without denise richards 7/10

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    You missed out not seeing Pacific Rim in IMAX tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    The Last Tycoon - 3/10

Uninspiring and a waste of some great acting talent. The rat really mailed it in on this one.

Name
    Frank Dux
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Last Waltz - 10/10. Can't believe I've never seen this till now.
    So freakin' good. My favorite moment is when they're playing "It Makes No Difference" and the horns hit—Scorcese does this panning shot and the moment gives me goosebumps every time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You missed out not seeing Pacific Rim in IMAX tbh
    indeed

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    So freakin' good. My favorite moment is when they're playing "It Makes No Difference" and the horns hit—Scorcese does this panning shot and the moment gives me goosebumps every time.

I can't believe how much talent was in that film...what a uva concert that must've been. I had goosebumps when Neil Young and The Band performed Helpless, as well as when all the artists did I Shall Be Released.

Seeing Van the man do Caravan with them was also a highlight. I will watch this over and over again in my lifetime

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

I can't believe how much talent was in that film...what a uva concert that must've been. I had goosebumps when Neil Young and The Band performed Helpless, as well as when all the artists did I Shall Be Released.

Seeing Van the man do Caravan with them was also a highlight. I will watch this over and over again in my lifetime
    Levon Helm...

Name
    Frank Dux
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Van is THE man for sure. Probably my favorite performance (and musician) in the movie. That movie is just dripping with cool from every seam.

Name
    Frank Dux
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think Levon Helm has got to be one of the greatest musical talents ever. When he sings The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down, it almost brings me to tears...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Merchants of Doubt - 8/10

solid do entary, would be infinitely better if they cut the last 7-8 minutes which was too preachy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I caught a decent one from 2006 the other nite. "The Last Time" with Brendan Fraser & Michael Keaton. About salesmen in NYC. Keaton is the master, Fraser his "trainee" from Solon, Ohio. Fraser does his usual goofy self act, and Keaton's character is sharp, mean and vindictive. Some chick named Amber Valletta plays the female lead, Fraser's fiancee. She's okay, but, nothing special.

Michael Lerner has a nice spot here and tells the story of culling the elephant upon the African continent.

Moves fast, but, not frantic.

I liked it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Saw "Aliens" this evening (not the extended cut) at a Harkins special showing. Nice big screen, but, the sound system was poor and the volume turned down, so, it suffered. A lot of rear photography which shows up 30 years later. Still & all a fine presentation by Cameron. Paxton drives it throughout. He's needed and he delivers. So does Lance Henrickson as the cyborg. Never quite sure about his intention until it's over. The Marines are represented and show nicely, even the Lieutenant rising toward the end.

I forgive them the last 5 minutes. I really do.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Really enjoyed this film

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jack Reacher

If you have read the books then the movie is great, it really does help knowing the character. Little things ya notice where knowing the books matters.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jack Reacher

If you have read the books then the movie is great, it really does help knowing the character. Little things ya notice where knowing the books matters.
    I don't think I can watch that knowing that Reacher was a big man. And a person's size (wheter they know it or not) shapes their personality and mannerisms. You go around at 6'5", you carry yourself differently than...5'7". Yep...as a 6'3" guy...trust me...

So no thanks to BigFilm trying to put one over on the unsuspecting public. Instead of spending the $ on seeing this movie, I'll buy ten used cassette tapes at Old Jaster's swap and meet.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't think I can watch that knowing that Reacher was a big man. And a person's size (wheter they know it or not) shapes their personality and mannerisms. You go around at 6'5", you carry yourself differently than...5'7". Yep...as a 6'3" guy...trust me...

So no thanks to BigFilm trying to put one over on the unsuspecting public. Instead of spending the $ on seeing this movie, I'll buy ten used cassette tapes at Old Jaster's swap and meet.
    I don't give a if ya watch it or not, ok? But, this is the second Jack Reacher movie, so what's that tell you?

Cop drives up to a restaurant, he gets out of his crusier. There lay four guys all beat up as the crowd stands around.

cop...what happened?
    crowd...one guy took them out and there he sits (pointing to Tom Cruise sitting at a table in the restaurant.

That's where things start.

In the final scene, there's Criuse out on the road with his thumb out hitch hiking. Now think about that, that is the story. This big badass roaming the USA getting in all these adventures.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I don't know why I agreed to watch Ouija 2, but I do know that I made a mistake. Awful movie, unless you like jumpscares in place of actual horror and stupid characters who do stupid things for stupid reasons.

I have to give the writers credit for shoehorning in about nazis, too, because ghosts aren't scary enough.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Invitation (2016) 3/10.

Disappointing. Another case where you cant trust RT, who loved it. Thought it would be intense and suspenseful. But nothing was explained until the very end and the movie was just weird throughout. And not in a good way. Also its pacing was very slow.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    saw doctor strange earlier tonight.

definitely recommend seeing it. if only for some of the visual sequences...

Thread Information