Page 127 of 491 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 12267
    Believe.
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    The Spurs were contenders in 2016 and 2017 with Leonard averaging 2.6 and 3.5 assists per game respectively. He may not be a pre injury elite defender for the Raptors but who would be after missing nearly an entire season of basketball. Everybody and their mother knew it would take some time and his defense has vastly improved since the start of the season despite his negative DRPM.

Kawhi is going to lead Toronto's offense by scoring because that's what he does. Were people ing about Kawhi taking shots away from "Airball" Green, Paddy Mills or Tony Parker? I think not. Why should it be any different in Toronto? He's a means to an end and he's one of the most efficient players in the NBA. Why should he pass it to a less efficient player? He doesn't have to be Lebron James to lead an offense to a championship. Toronto isn't short on playmakers (Lowry Siakem, Powell, Vanfleet, etc), they need finishers.
    Ty, yall still ignoring the fact that hes still gelling with his teammates. Yall also forgetting how much he was distributing the ball in the last playoffs he played when he was forced to be the main ballhandler with Parkers injury. He was averging pretty good assists throughout the entire playoff run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhiso ball is ugly ball. Even his last year with the Spurs, it was hard to watch. I never thought the Duncan Spurs were boring but watching Kawhiso ball was boring to me even though the Spurs were winning. I think that's part of the reason he left is because he wants to be an iso player and he knew he couldn't do that with Pop. Good luck to him but I'm glad he's gone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know who else used to play iso heavy ball? MJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know who else used to play iso heavy ball? MJ
    MJ averaged 5.3 for his career. Kawhi has broken the 3 assist plateau exactly twice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were contenders in 2016 and 2017 with Leonard averaging 2.6 and 3.5 assists per game respectively. He may not be a pre injury elite defender for the Raptors but who would be after missing nearly an entire season of basketball. Everybody and their mother knew it would take some time and his defense has vastly improved since the start of the season despite his negative DRPM.

Kawhi is going to lead Toronto's offense by scoring because that's what he does. Were people ing about Kawhi taking shots away from "Airball" Green, Paddy Mills or Tony Parker? I think not. Why should it be any different in Toronto? He's a means to an end and he's one of the most efficient players in the NBA. Why should he pass it to a less efficient player? He doesn't have to be Lebron James to lead an offense to a championship. Toronto isn't short on playmakers (Lowry Siakem, Powell, Vanfleet, etc), they need finishers.
    Meh. I'm not saying he can't but this year he still has to make it work. Spurs always knew how to do that. Especially Popovich. Now that he left it will be an uphill battle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Jabari he's re-signing with Toronto if they go to the Finals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto is not going to any finals, refs will make sure Boston gets there and with that they serve two purposes, Boston advancing and Kawhi leaving for LA most probably. Plus Nurse has zero playoff experience as far as adjustments. Even the bucks can take them out because of Bud even though outside of Giannis they are worse in every other position compare to the Raps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Jabari he's re-signing with Toronto if they go to the Finals.
    Yeah, the font of ‘accurate ‘ information.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto is not going to any finals, refs will make sure Boston gets there and with that they serve two purposes, Boston advancing and Kawhi leaving for LA most probably. Plus Nurse has zero playoff experience as far as adjustments. Even the bucks can take them out because of Bud even though outside of Giannis they are worse in every other position compare to the Raps.
    Kris Middleton is definitely better than Danny Green, Eric Bledsoe is equal to Kyle Lowry and Brook Lopez is as good as Serge Ibaka or Jonas Valanciunas.....

So, that was an untrue statement......

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA news: Kawhi Leonard makes major decision to put Lakers, and Clippers on red alert

KAWHI LEONARD will SNUB the Los Angeles Lakers and LA Clippers in free agency

if the Toronto Raptors reach the NBA Finals.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othe...oronto-Raptors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think he might be afraid of upsetting another fanbase after the reception he got in San Antonio? I think the nasty boos might have caught him off guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi out tonight vs the Pacers due to rest. Huge game standings wise. Both have 12 losses, I would hate to be KL teammate tbh. The guy is 27!!!!! Makes no sense why this guy can’t play on a back to backs pretty embarrassing stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, I thought he was supposed to play back to backs in 2019. Smh.
    Last edited by Spurs da champs; 01-06-2019 at 02:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should be penalized. But sadly he will make all nba and get the max.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sitting out games when healthy lol

no wonder why Manu and Parker were pissed at this guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still a ing pussy lol. Even Pau would play back to backs if his ass wasn't DNP-CD'd

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA news: Kawhi Leonard makes major decision to put Lakers, and Clippers on red alert

KAWHI LEONARD will SNUB the Los Angeles Lakers and LA Clippers in free agency

if the Toronto Raptors reach the NBA Finals.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othe...oronto-Raptors
    JY no doubt on the KL's marketing payroll...running a media half baked (non) story pitching for some damage control in Tor and primarily trying to get some takers for his deal at the EO Season. This little cameo has alarm bells all over it. KL's group could do much better to improve his player's image by going to a proper/professional star management group rather than doing hush endorsements with the half brained and unscrupulous money hungry NBA media. Given his obvious inability to communicate fluently (cocoon like) he has achieved wonders. A real story of the guys achievements against the odds would and much more believable and appealing story than trying to match him (and failing miserably so far) with the big boys of the league that are fully functional...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody said he couldn't pass but to be a championship team he was going to learn to integrate his teammates along with his iso heavy ball. It was fine with the Spurs since he was playing elite level defense. Seems like he doesnt care as much on defense anymore but if he wants to lead their offense he needs to be a better distributor. Not just assists.
    So u rather one guy have a lot of assists as opposed to the team as a whole? Because the 2017 spurs team averaged more assists per game than the current team... Integrating teammates doesn't just mean passing to get an assist... Sometimes it means letting them do their thing... Lebron is a huge ballstopper... But he gets a lot of assists, and his teammates usually never grow as players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sitting out games when healthy lol

no wonder why Manu and Parker were pissed at this guy
    U do realize the coaching staff is sitting him? He came off major injury... Was out an entire year... They aren't gonna risk straining him with load before the playoffs... Pop would do the sane

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U do realize the coaching staff is sitting him? He came off major injury... Was out an entire year... They aren't gonna risk straining him with load before the playoffs... Pop would do the sane
    Kawhi and his team are definitely calling the shots don’t be fooled .

nurse said he would playing back to backs after the new year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So u rather one guy have a lot of assists as opposed to the team as a whole? Because the 2017 spurs team averaged more assists per game than the current team... Integrating teammates doesn't just mean passing to get an assist... Sometimes it means letting them do their thing... Lebron is a huge ballstopper... But he gets a lot of assists, and his teammates usually never grow as players
    Lol. You are delusional. Spurs were the beautiful game and then Kawhi started to be showcased. He left, now we see more signs of the Beauitful game. Not saying he can't be a apet of it but he seems to enjoy isolation basketball. Spurs assists had more to do with the team and coaching as a whole and not Kawhi. Kawhi going to ha e yo find a situation where he can get some of that back. Luckily Siakim looks like a good player specially playmaking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk if 'major injury' is the correct term to use here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can an injury be 'major' without ever requiring any surgical intervention at all or pharmaceutical element needed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can an injury be 'major' without ever requiring any surgical intervention at all or pharmaceutical element needed?
    I laughed but then remembered that duncan2k5 will not, and will write another “valiant” post defending Nephew. It’s all so tiresome. He must be exhausted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew's group decides when he sits out games, not the coaching or medical staff. Toronto bends to their wishes because they are trying to get him to re-sign there.

The coaching staff regulates his in-game minutes, playing him 35 mpg... a healthy amount of minutes. If they really thought he was at injury risk, they'd limit those minutes... and they don't.

Thread Information