Page 129 of 491 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto really should be in the Finals this year provided that Lowry/Nephew are healthy AND balling out in the postseason, they have easily the best roster in the East. But for some reason I think there will be drama with the Dennis camp towards the end of this year and Lowry's health is always a question mark....

I also don't trust Nick "Scotty Brooks' Nurse as a coach tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tallking about Kawhi deserves better...He deserves better representatives too.

But thinking he destroyed his career and reputation for leaving the Spurs is so naive...

-Kawhi's 5th in the whole league as most voted player for AllStar game.

-He was top 2 MVP candidate last week according to Sekou

-There were players, journalists, NBA fans that supported him against Spurs' booing

-He's the best player on a team with the best NBA record today

So he's having a great season, fans still love him and vote him as All-Star, some National media are on his side, even LeBron RT his plays...

Someone should tell me HOW his career and rep has been destroyed.
    His rep hasn't been destroyed since his team pushed the narrative that he got misdiagnosed and it's the Spurs fault that he left. 99% of people don't know about the 8 doctors, his team managing his injury since August 2017, him hiding in NY, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto's not a lock in the East to go the finals. Giannis, Bud and the Bucks have something to say and who knows what they can do in the playoffs. Stevens, Krie and Celts are well coached and might click at the right time. 76ers' talent shouldn't be overlooked b/c of some drama. Don't scoff at Oladipo either. I'm just saying Raps are not guaranteed a finals appearance. Also, if they don't get to the ECF and have a worse record, then Derozan and Casey were better than Nurse and nephew.

Of course his rep wasn't destroyed b/c media has been on his side for the most part and they dgaf about boring small market SA. They "respect" the Spurs, but of course they want the big markets to get a player like Kawhi. Constant nephew lover and Dennis taint licker, JY, is telling the LA teams that Kawhi isn't gonna be an easy get because he just wants to go to LA and he doesn't talk. A really good pitch needs to be made and he wants to be surrounded with a team that can win now. JY been on the payroll. That was blatantly shown during one of his last podcasts on the Spurs Insider (April 14, 2018 "Kawhi Leonard's 'Thank You' Letter") where he illogically protected Kawhi and claimed he was unbiased while screaming at the host (this is no exaggeration btw feel free to listen to it yourself. I've talked about and probably linked on here).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did my best to ignore this thread. Didn't post here in weeks. ST doesn't need many Kawhi's threads on frontpage daily.

Then you mentioned me..WHY WHY WHY

I was talking about the young guy who went toe to toe with the best player in the world both ends of court.

The guy who's a top 3-5 player in this league and perennial MVP candidate.

Yep. That guy deserves better than a bench that shot 1-15 on the road last game vs Bucks.

A Raptors-less Kawhi couldn't beat a Bucks-less Giannis early in the season. Lowry went scoreless vs Bucks in the 2nd game...What does it tell you about this Raptors team?

Also, he deserves better than players that can't guard any Spur...

Most times, Fred VF Delon Wright OG CJ Miles Monroe can't hit an ocean under pressure against elite teams. If this was postseason, I would add Lowry too.

Siakam is a real talent, Lowry too. But who knows is Pascal is able to translate his great regular season to playoffs. We already know that Lowry can't...

I wonder why you are tying to deny Raptors's flaws...Why do you think that Raptors want Beal?
    Because they know they need a 2nd scorer, they know they can't trust in Lowry or Ibaka as #2 option in playoffs.

They have seen this movie before...a single true scorer and a bunch of playoffs' underperformers won't win a series.
    I'm not trying to deny . I'm just stating an undeniable fact, which is that the Raptors supporting cast is by far one of the best on the league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody said he couldn't pass
    I did, and I still do. When he learns how to pass, I'll stop saying it ... maybe.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I'm not trying to deny . I'm just stating an undeniable fact, which is that the Raptors supporting cast is by far one of the best on the league.
    Tim Duncan had an amazing supporting cast especially during his twilight however, that didn't diminish his accomplishments. The Spurs don't win #5 without him, probably should have threepeated if not for an epic collapse vs the Thunder and a bunch of missed free throws vs the Heat.

Kawhi was brought in to win postseason games, not stat pad during the regular season. Toronto fans know Lowry ain't 'bout det postseason life and Ibaka goes into brain dead mode when the lights shine bright.

What's even more impressive is that Toronto isn't skipping a beat without DeRozen even on nights Leonard doesn't play.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 01-07-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors have the easiest remaining schedule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not easy enough for the Walking Maxi Pad to play back to backs, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The toughest schedule belongs to YGWHI and duncan2k5.

They have no days off the rest of the way. It’s all back-to-back nights defending Kawhi the rest of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They have no days off the rest of the way. It’s all back-to-back nights defending Kawhi the rest of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did, and I still do. When he learns how to pass, I'll stop saying it ... maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bro...facts over feelings...spurs this year average about the same in terms of assists per game as the 2017 team...when you adjust for pace (this year the pace of the league has increased, and spurs for example average 5 more fga per game than the 2017 team), the 2017 was a better passing team...just because kawhi only averaged 3.5 assists per game compared to 6 from DDR doesnt mean there is more ball movement now...one player averaging more assists doesnt equate to ball movement...you have to look at team assists per game adjusted for pace...kawhi had a game that doesnt require him to have the ball in his hand for half of the posession...nor was he a high volume shooter...so this allowed for more ppl to get involved in the offense...hence the high number of tam assists...

to imply that this team is better simply because it LOOKS like we have more ball movement is not accurate...not only was the 2017 better defensively by a mile, but offensively kawhi was a bigger part of why we were winning than ddr is this year...and that year we had one of our best seasons ever...no one in their right mind would take DDR over kawhi on any team in any era of basketball...a player averaging more assists per game is avery poor basis to judge that by
    KACHOKE IS JUST AB BALLMOVEMENT CANCER

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Post of the year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thing about just being player fans. It’s the most coward thing someone could do in Sports. How can you just root for a person, instead of the whole team? .

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto really should be in the Finals this year provided that Lowry/Nephew are healthy AND balling out in the postseason, they have easily the best roster in the East. But for some reason I think there will be drama with the Dennis camp towards the end of this year and Lowry's health is always a question mark....

I also don't trust Nick "Scotty Brooks' Nurse as a coach tbh
    I just can't see anyone else out East beating the Raptors 4 times out of 7. Best bet is probably the Celtics but their offense has been pitiful this season.

If healthy the Raps will sleepwalk through the East and push the Warriors to 6 games at the most.

I do think Kawhi bolts to LA in the summer though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just can't see anyone else out East beating the Raptors 4 times out of 7. Best bet is probably the Celtics but their offense has been pitiful this season.

If healthy the Raps will sleepwalk through the East and push the Warriors to 6 games at the most.

NICE JOKE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you forgot the fact that Lowry alway chokes in the first 2 games of a playoff series. And those are home games for the Raptors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you forgot the fact that Lowry alway chokes in the first 2 games of a playoff series. And those are home games for the Raptors
    ...and Ibaka disappears in every other playoff game. They are no where near a lock. I wasn’t impressed by their coach either. Brad Stevens and Coach Bud will coach circles around him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and Ibaka disappears in every other playoff game. They are no where near a lock. I wasn’t impressed by their coach either. Brad Stevens and Coach Bud will coach circles around him.
    I agree. Nurse is not the right coach for a contender

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information