Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CROFL white supremacist NBA fans
    Lol right? How confused and out-of-sorts can a person possibly get?

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's get an aggie hoops fan's perspective on this situation

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop is an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except the guy was shot 21 times by 5 cops while appearing to walk away and posed zero threat to any of the officers or anyone else when they killed him. The incident later forced a change in the city’s deadly force policy and paid out a hefty court settlement. So there’s that.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except the guy was shot 21 times by 5 cops while appearing to walk away and posed zero threat to any of the officers or anyone else when they killed him. The incident later forced a change in the city’s deadly force policy and paid out a hefty court settlement. So there’s that.
    "Woods said, “I’m not going with you,” as nearly a dozen officers arrived on scene and formed a semicircle around him as he stood against a nearby wall, the officers told investigators.

Police used pepper spray on Woods and fired beanbag and foam rounds at him, but he refused to drop his weapon and began shuffling slowly to his right along the wall, according to the report.

August told investigators he wanted to prevent Woods from going toward bystanders who were at a bus stop on the block, and as Woods got within about 10 feet of him, August and four other officers opened fire. Woods was pronounced dead at the scene."

Walking away would've meant walking toward a populated area.

Settlements mean nothing.

I agree with creating better policy to try to prevent this.

I also think it's laughable to create a protest that the police are targeting innocent blacks based on this triggering moment. Turns out if you wield a knife around police you are going to increase the chances of yourself being shot. Never would've imagined that. Probably only got shot because of his skin color though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Woods said, “I’m not going with you,” as nearly a dozen officers arrived on scene and formed a semicircle around him as he stood against a nearby wall, the officers told investigators.

Police used pepper spray on Woods and fired beanbag and foam rounds at him, but he refused to drop his weapon and began shuffling slowly to his right along the wall, according to the report.

August told investigators he wanted to prevent Woods from going toward bystanders who were at a bus stop on the block, and as Woods got within about 10 feet of him, August and four other officers opened fire. Woods was pronounced dead at the scene."

I also think it's laughable to create a protest that the police are targeting innocent blacks based on this triggering moment. Turns out if you wield a knife around police you are going to increase the chances of yourself being shot. Never would've imagined that. Probably only got shot because of his skin color though.
    be quiet brah you’re going against the narrative

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They shot him for no reason, the video clearly shows it. He was not a threat. If a dozen officers cannot stop a guy without killing him, they should change jobs.
    https://youtu.be/06O255nSImc

Thread Information