Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does TRob have the body and ability to guard the durant...lebron... carmelo... type guys of the league?
    no.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Diva Howard is going to wait until July 10th to announce his decision. May mean that there will be no word on a Robinson deal until then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure with the draft done a Robinson trade is pretty much out the door, is it not?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Diva Howard is going to wait until July 10th to announce his decision. May mean that there will be no word on a Robinson deal until then.
    As much as I agree that he's a diva, I don't think that's the reason for the date as much that's the first day the NBA free agency moratorium is lifted and free agents can sign. If he announced earlier there could be the perception of possible tampering I would think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure with the draft done a Robinson trade is pretty much out the door, is it not?
    No. The only certain thing about that situation is that Houston really wants to move him. Now that their efforts to get a 2013 first have failed, they have to lower their asking price. We could very well see a the Rockets actually have to attach an asset (like Isaiah Canaan) to Robinson's deal to make it attractive enough for someone to take. A lot more teams are going to have cap space, and one could bite next month. Since that team could be the Spurs (especially if they release Bonner), the speculation can still live on.
    Last edited by Chinook; 06-28-2013 at 06:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. The only certain thing about that situation is that Houston really wants to move him. Now that they're efforts to get a 2013 first have failed, they have to lower their asking price. We could very well see a the Rockets actually have to attach an asset (like Isaiah Canaan) to Robinson's deal to make it attractive enough for someone to take. A lot more teams are going to have cap space, and one could bite next month. Since that team could be the Spurs (especially if they release Bonner), the speculation can still live on.
    I'm glad teams came to their senses (or at least didn't buy into the rumors). I was screaming it didn't make sense given Houston's position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is no?

Houston's got more leverage now, as there will be more interested parties with cap room after the new cap year starts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was pre-draft but whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious as to what the Spurs offer for Robinson was yesterday. Bonner + another player + 1st round pick? Or future 1st round pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Pretty important that it was pre-draft. It seems now that it was just the Rockets trying to drub up interest. The Spurs may want him, but they didn't improve any sort of offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Pretty important that it was pre-draft. It seems now that it was just the Rockets trying to drub up interest. The Spurs may want him, but they didn't improve any sort of offer.
    They may well have improved the offer, but either the parameters were for after the draft, or the improvement wasn't enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure if the deal is dead. Maybe they have a deal, but won't do it unless Howard commits. I don't think they have a reason to trade him unless they know Howard is coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure if the deal is dead. Maybe they have a deal, but won't do it unless Howard commits. I don't think they have a reason to trade him unless they know Howard is coming.
    Pretty much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like they changed their mind and want to move Lin instead now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like they changed their mind and want to move Lin instead now.
    That won't happen, especially with that horrible last contract year that was the poison pill for NY. Look who's poisoned with it now.

As the CBA tightens the screws on spending, Lin's contract is going to look worse and worse, as is Asik's.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs probably offered some combination involving Neal since the Rockets were interested in him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs probably offered some combination involving Neal since the Rockets were interested in him.
    No. You don't get it. Houston is trying to clear cap room. They want NO NBA PLAYERS OR CONTRACTS BACK. Before the draft, they would have been looking for contracts that expired on June 30th, draft picks, or foreign stashed player rights. Now, they're just looking for picks or stashed players, and a team that can eat Robinson's contract whole with cap room or a trade exception.

TiagomustdominateFisher mrjap2x's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we offer some of our stash players like Lorbek or do we need a trade exception for that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mrjap I stole your sig picture an made it my Facebook wallpaper. Sorry

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this trade idea is all but dead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we offer some of our stash players like Lorbek or do we need a trade exception for that?
    I don't think they want Lorbek...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this trade idea is all but dead
    No, they're now just waiting for the FA period to start. Houston struck out trying to pair ending contracts with picks in the draft. In July, they will be looking for picks and stashed players, and cap space or other team's trade exceptions to move Robinson into.

It will only be dead if Howard signs somewhere else, and not before that. Houston MUST clear cap room to get The Dwightmare.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade isn't dead, even if they Don't get Dwight, they already said they are going to make a push for Josh Smith, and Atlanta is more than likely not going to resign him.

Bud and Ferry might be the key it a getting a deal done also. Spurs can trade Bonner, S&T Trade Neal, a future pick to Atl and Houston can trade Robinson and a pick to Atl and the Hawks give the Spurs Robinson. Houston gets Josh Smith in a S&T.

There are still alot of trade scenarios where the Spurs could nab Robinson. I wouldn't be surprise at all if Robinson is on the roster next week sometime. There were rumors that the Spurs were willing to trade up for him if he fell lower in the Lottery in last year's draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade isn't dead, even if they Don't get Dwight, they already said they are going to make a push for Josh Smith, and Atlanta is more than likely not going to resign him.

Bud and Ferry might be the key it a getting a deal done also. Spurs can trade Bonner, S&T Trade Neal, a future pick to Atl and Houston can trade Robinson and a pick to Atl and the Hawks give the Spurs Robinson. Houston gets Josh Smith in a S&T.

There are still alot of trade scenarios where the Spurs could nab Robinson. I wouldn't be surprise at all if Robinson is on the roster next week sometime. There were rumors that the Spurs were willing to trade up for him if he fell lower in the Lottery in last year's draft.
    Ugh, no. If the Spurs facilitate that deal, they can just absorb Robinson and send a highly-protected second back. There's no need to move assets for him. If the Spurs had thought that highly of him, they've traded for him already. Also, Bonner will not be on the team by then. He's either getting released today, or his contract becomes fully guaranteed. Then, he has little trade value until near the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting T-Rob could be good in real life, it would be great for me in 2K having him on the Spurs. *Franchise*

Thread Information