Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    my guess is they're set before IW... they're not gonna kill off ~ half the characters
    And then they'll just go on ignoring it after the resolution in IW part 2.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Wonder if any of the Netflix series will even acknowledge the events of Infinity War, or if they'll finally admit they have nothing to do with one another other than a few random references to "the event", etc.
    I hope they keep it that way.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    And then they'll just go on ignoring it after the resolution in IW part 2.
    probably

wtf are they going to do? have jessica jones investigate thanos?

the netflix stuff is meant to be it's own microcosm. that they have an occasional nod to the feature films doesn't mean that's going to change. i mean they've tried really hard to distance themselves from that stuff. i remember in season 1 of jessica jones she would refer to "the flag waver" instead of just saying capt america, etc.

it caught me as a surprise when the kid in JJ season 2 actually referenced captain america by name

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    wtf are they going to do? have jessica jones investigate thanos?
    No of course not. And we don't know yet what the resolution of IW will be or even if anybody will have memory of it. But this is a little different and far reaching than omitting Stark tower from the NYC skyline, or making vague referenes to an alien attack.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    No of course not. And we don't know yet what the resolution of IW will be or even if anybody will have memory of it. But this is a little different and far reaching than omitting Stark tower from the NYC skyline, or making vague referenes to an alien attack.
    my understanding is that IW was set sometime around or after 2020. its fairly plausible that we can just consider the netflix series to be pre-IW

or if there was some massive time travel/reversal thing, then maybe they wont have memory of it.

i wouldnt waste too much energy thinking about it tbh, i treat netflix stuff pretty separately from the rest of MCU

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    my understanding is that IW was set sometime around or after 2020. its fairly plausible that we can just consider the netflix series to be pre-IW

or if there was some massive time travel/reversal thing, then maybe they wont have memory of it.

i wouldnt waste too much energy thinking about it tbh, i treat netflix stuff pretty separately from the rest of MCU
    that's 100% incorrect Stark says in IW he's been expericing PTSD for six years which coincides with the release of Avengers 1 in 2012 that 2020 number comes from a gaff in the Spider MAn homecoming script that made it through final production

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    that's 100% incorrect Stark says in IW he's been expericing PTSD for six years which coincides with the release of Avengers 1 in 2012 that 2020 number comes from a gaff in the Spider MAn homecoming script that made it through final production
    yeah that's what has been used for the timeline. has marvel come out and said they made a mistake yet?

regardless, they could easily continue the netflix series as though it all happens before IW.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I like that Luke Cage season 2 episode les are Pete Rock and CL Smooth song les. Just finished ep 10, and Iron Fist was good in it. Shame it took 2 series for him to get to this point, but worked well together.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Classic wreck

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    somehow i didnt realize luke cage had been out all this time ... gotta get on this

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Before I start watching Luke Cage I want to give a quick plug for Cloak and Dagger on Freeform/Hulu. Given the teen protagonists and the network, it's surprisingly sophisticated and "adult." It's a protracted origin story different from the comics; more than halfway through the season neither the heroes nor the viewer know the full extent of their powers. The writing and principal acting are better than expected and reached a high with episode 7. It's a little to the Jessica Jones side being more psychological than action oriented -- and don't expect any MCU tie-ins except maybe a tenuous link to Agent Carter -- but it's really not bad at all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I always had a hard time trying to figure out Cloak and Dagger.

Most heroes powers were pretty easy to figure out. These two were way too complicated.

I do want to check it out tho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    re watching JJ season 1 ahead of me watching season 2, it's not bad but at 13 episodes, 10 well paced episodes would significantly improve the series. Also some of the side characters are just silly and odd, even for a fictional series based on a comic book. Also still can't shake the comparison to Veronica Mars, minus the superhero abilities and not in love with Ritter's acting and many of the action sequences.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Before I start watching Luke Cage I want to give a quick plug for Cloak and Dagger on Freeform/Hulu. Given the teen protagonists and the network, it's surprisingly sophisticated and "adult." It's a protracted origin story different from the comics; more than halfway through the season neither the heroes nor the viewer know the full extent of their powers. The writing and principal acting are better than expected and reached a high with episode 7. It's a little to the Jessica Jones side being more psychological than action oriented -- and don't expect any MCU tie-ins except maybe a tenuous link to Agent Carter -- but it's really not bad at all.

Most heroes powers were pretty easy to figure out. These two were way too complicated.

heard Cloak and Dagger was good, may check it out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I like that Luke Cage season 2 episode les are Pete Rock and CL Smooth song les. Just finished ep 10, and Iron Fist was good in it. Shame it took 2 series for him to get to this point, but worked well together.
    Hope after season 2 of Iron Fist, they fold the show into one like how they did with the comics (they were paired together because of poor sales) Haven't seen LC season 2 but really enjoyed season 1. Iron Fist was trash in his own series and the Defenders.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Hope after season 2 of Iron Fist, they fold the show into one like how they did with the comics (they were paired together because of poor sales) Haven't seen LC season 2 but really enjoyed season 1. Iron Fist was trash in his own series and the Defenders.
    new showrunner for IF hopefully he doesn't it up

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

heard Cloak and Dagger was good, may check it out.
    One thing's for sure: the writers are certainly aware of comic history. They just upended the by plot alluding to one controversial comic scene from Marvel and flipping the script on another from DC.

As I said before their origin is very different from the comics, but they did a good job taking advantage of the geography and culture of their production location (New Orleans) and worked it into the source of their powers and Cloak's -- um -- cloak.

Tenuous MCU connection alert: police detective says she knows "Misty" (Knight) from her time in New York.

Speaking of....about halfway through S2 of Luke Cage. Seems they're trying to make up for the mistake of losing Cottonmouth by trying going out of their way to make the villains more compelling. It's working with Bushmaster and Shades, not so much with Mariah.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    just finished luke cage season 2. better than season 1 imo (still dont really understand the hype behind season 1). like seemingly all the recent marvel netflix stuff, there was a lull in those middle-late episodes... but things really ramped up in the last few

but the last 5-10 minutes didnt sit well with me. why DW was so pissed at luke... im pretty sure he deserves the benefit of the doubt tbh . same with misty (though hearing he was about to take a meeting with carbone would justifiably cause su ion, she was really pissy even before that). and then i didnt understand cage sending claire home.

im probably gonna have to digest it a while longer, but it just felt off after what was a solid season

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    just finished luke cage season 2. better than season 1 imo (still dont really understand the hype behind season 1). like seemingly all the recent marvel netflix stuff, there was a lull in those middle-late episodes... but things really ramped up in the last few

but the last 5-10 minutes didnt sit well with me. why DW was so pissed at luke... im pretty sure he deserves the benefit of the doubt tbh . same with misty (though hearing he was about to take a meeting with carbone would justifiably cause su ion, she was really pissy even before that). and then i didnt understand cage sending claire home.

im probably gonna have to digest it a while longer, but it just felt off after what was a solid season
    I think the Harlem friends were seeing that he was already acting like a crime boss in several ways and concluded it was only a matter of time before he actually became one. Luke was bringing back the status quo ante because he thought that was the only way to bring relative peace to the area he could control, so everyone else took the roles in reaction to Luke's taking the Cottonmouth role; DW took Pop's role, Misty took her old role. Luke may have concluded Claire wouldn't want any part of it once she found out or maybe just didn't want her exposed to any more danger.

I do agree it was better than season one overall. Season one got a bunch of hype because of all the black historical/cultural references which it probably overdid, but that was inevitable since it was just starting out (Black Lightning did the same). Now it's easier to focus on the stories of well-defined characters. They really fleshed out Shades, Bushmaster and Comanche well and almost completely rehabilitated Danny Rand in one hour. Did just enough work with DW and Sugar to justify keeping them in the series but losing so many antagonists might hurt -- it was Mariah's time (Woodard was great but soooooo old) but at least the door is open for some to pop up later.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have systematically dropped a lot of these shows.

I've watched all at some point and in the end felt let down so I have dropped:

Luke Cage
    Jessica Jones
    The laughing stock that was Defenders

Daredevil remains top dog. No question.

I still have hope for Iron Fist. And The Punisher is right up there with DD.

I'm pissed that they have pushed DD season 3 so far off to make time for the other mediocre ones.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    DD season 1 is the best thing they'e produced so far... but season 2 disappointed, and DD wasn't all that compelling in the Defenders. i like jessica jones quite a bit.

off the top of my head, my ranking would go something like this

1 - Daredevil season one
    2 - Jessica Jones season one
    3 - Daredevil season two
    4 - Jessica Jones season two
    5 - Punisher
    6 - Luke Cage season 2
    7 - Defenders
    8 - Luke Cage season 1
    9 - Iron Fist

i think 3-6 would probably be rearranged after some reflection or re-watching
    Last edited by spurraider21; 07-30-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I think the Harlem friends were seeing that he was already acting like a crime boss in several ways and concluded it was only a matter of time before he actually became one. Luke was bringing back the status quo ante because he thought that was the only way to bring relative peace to the area he could control, so everyone else took the roles in reaction to Luke's taking the Cottonmouth role; DW took Pop's role, Misty took her old role. Luke may have concluded Claire wouldn't want any part of it once she found out or maybe just didn't want her exposed to any more danger.

I do agree it was better than season one overall. Season one got a bunch of hype because of all the black historical/cultural references which it probably overdid, but that was inevitable since it was just starting out (Black Lightning did the same). Now it's easier to focus on the stories of well-defined characters. They really fleshed out Shades, Bushmaster and Comanche well and almost completely rehabilitated Danny Rand in one hour. Did just enough work with DW and Sugar to justify keeping them in the series but losing so many antagonists might hurt -- it was Mariah's time (Woodard was great but soooooo old) but at least the door is open for some to pop up later.
    probably true.

mariah and shades were way more compelling this time around. Shades was incredibly lame in season 1 until that scene very late in the season in the elevator/rooftop scene where he actually looked badass. until then he just felt like a running joke and his entire character was literally "guy who puts on sunglasses a lot." mariah was very fun to follow this time, unlike season 1 where i didnt care.

i do get frustrated with the show in certain moments... like when Misty was arresting Nandi, only to have that end up being a fistfight when there are like 8 cops there with guns drawn. that is so stupid. that was the same situation that made the final fight in season 1 feel really stupid to me: luke and diamondback brawling in the street as the cops stand back and do absolutely nothing. i get that they want fistfights, but they should be written in a way where cops aren't standing 15 feet away.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Oh I can see the cops hanging back in those fights. In the first they hang back just to see what happens and in the second because they want Misty to kick Nandi's ass.

Man, that teaser trailer for Iron Fist sure does explain why his comic costume isn't used. I like that they sneak them into each series though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Oh I can see the cops hanging back in those fights. In the first they hang back just to see what happens and in the second because they want Misty to kick Nandi's ass.

Man, that teaser trailer for Iron Fist sure does explain why his comic costume isn't used. I like that they sneak them into each series though.
    those are both awful reasons lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    those are both awful reasons lol
    I guess; I would do exactly the same thing in their shoes tbh.

Thread Information