Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It happens….. move along. It’s been a TON of draft misses higher than him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the guy had any motor whatsoever. I mean this is a league where Lonnie Walker is making $6.3 million this year.
    True. He showed some nice flashes and Pop had dinner with him. They knew that about him though, they were just banking on him to change. His motor was always an issue, a main part of his scouting profile. I guess they just thought he'll work harder.
    Whether a change in strategy or just coincidence, the players chosen this year all have a very strong compe ive streak. None where highly ranked coming into college (or potentially in Barlow's case).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether a change in strategy or just coincidence, the players chosen this year all have a very strong compe ive streak. None where highly ranked coming into college (or potentially in Barlow's case).
    Hopefully that shows the spurs have learned something from their previous mistakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Samanic out of basketball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Samanic out of basketball?
    For now, didn't play a single game in the NBA last year and hasnt been signed to any pro team at all thus far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad. All that potential and financial opportunity gone to waste. What is he thinking> Maybe he wants to be a Serbian/English translator or a tourist guide for Americans back in his hometown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt that a Croatian wants to be a Serbian tourist guide. But of course Americans with the IQ of a flatbread would think it‘s the same thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For now, didn't play a single game in the NBA last year and hasnt been signed to any pro team at all thus far
    He was with the Knicks Gleague and was amongst their top scorers in the few games he played in until he was injured. As I recall he dropped 28 or something a couple games before getting injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was with the Knicks Gleague and was amongst their top scorers in the few games he played in until he was injured. As I recall he dropped 28 or something a couple games before getting injured.
    He played in 7 games after signing a two-way contract with NY. Had his sore heel issue and then was waived in March after not playing since December. Dude missed the entire season with a "sore heel" doesnt sound like it required surgery or anything.

if you look at their G league stats, despite having the best looking boxscore stats he never led in any of the relevant advanced stats. the fact that he had a sore heel in december, waived in march, and hasnt been signed anywhere is telling. dropping 28 points in the Gleague isnt that impressive imo (Quindary Weatherspoon averaged 25/6/4 on 51% shooting last year in the Gleague for reference )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played in 7 games after signing a two-way contract with NY. Had his sore heel issue and then was waived in March after not playing since December. Dude missed the entire season with a "sore heel" doesnt sound like it required surgery or anything.

if you look at their G league stats, despite having the best looking boxscore stats he never led in any of the relevant advanced stats. the fact that he had a sore heel in december, waived in march, and hasnt been signed anywhere is telling. dropping 28 points in the Gleague isnt that impressive imo (Quindary Weatherspoon averaged 25/6/4 on 51% shooting last year in the Gleague for reference )
    Is Samanic a different player with minutes and Pop's confidence, like Primo is getting, despite shifting the bed?

They should have known they were drafting a kid that didn't respond well to the kind of coaching that Pop (and Thibs) employs. And they should have stayed away from him if they were not able to build him in a similar way as they are with Primo. His motor ticks differently than most. He shuts down when critiqued. But he showed enough last year before being cut to at least get the minutes that Primo got. Then reassess after giving him the chance to show what he's got playing with confidence.

As for QW, Pop drafted him and Kerr has in essence done the same. He's a marginal NBA player. And maybe Samanic would have been too, but we won't know now as he's completely trashed mentally, which is a shame for someone with his ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Samanic a different player with minutes and Pop's confidence, like Primo is getting, despite shifting the bed?

They should have known they were drafting a kid that didn't respond well to the kind of coaching that Pop (and Thibs) employs. And they should have stayed away from him if they were not able to build him in a similar way as they are with Primo. His motor ticks differently than most. He shuts down when critiqued. But he showed enough last year before being cut to at least get the minutes that Primo got. Then reassess after giving him the chance to show what he's got playing with confidence.

As for QW, Pop drafted him and Kerr has in essence done the same. He's a marginal NBA player. And maybe Samanic would have been too, but we won't know now as he's completely trashed mentally, which is a shame for someone with his ceiling.
    Disagree man. If his motor shuts down when hes critiqued then he was never made for professional sports and his ceiling was always gonna be low

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It must be off-season when ST posters are talking about Samanic who’s been long gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It must be off-season when ST posters are talking about Samanic who’s been long gone
    lol. i was about to post a similar comment. i mean, why in the are we wasting bandwidth on samanic?
    Last edited by rjv; 07-20-2022 at 04:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not often people wear my birthday number and of course it was this loser

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be interesting to see if he returns to pro hoop.
    Surely nothing else he knows is going to pay anywhere near the NBA.
    But some of those foreign bb gigs are dreamy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought 10 rated prizm cards of him early on Lmao im more re ed than our front office

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are tanking so yes this would be the good time to give him 20 minutes a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are tanking so yes this would be the good time to give him 20 minutes a game.
    We've been tanking for 4 years. He easily could have been given minutes his last year, like Primo was last season.

I'll die on this hill.

Pop praised him post game when he gave him like 10-15 minutes one game. His effort, aggression, and defensive intensity were awesome. This board reacted that we'd finally seen the coming out party for him. What happened next? He didn't play again for like 3+ weeks and it was as a last 45 second replacement sub. That is insulting to a player/person like Luka that thrived on building confidence. He's a confidence player. Pop for whatever reason benched his ass rather than let him play and make mistakes like Primo did in spades last year.

It's infuriating we never got to see Luka at full run for 20-25 minutes while getting pats on the back. In an alternate universe, that Luka is putting up 17ppg and playing stellar defense. In this one, he'll become the next leader of a paramilitary in Slovenia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've been tanking for 4 years. He easily could have been given minutes his last year, like Primo was last season.

I'll die on this hill.

Pop praised him post game when he gave him like 10-15 minutes one game. His effort, aggression, and defensive intensity were awesome. This board reacted that we'd finally seen the coming out party for him. What happened next? He didn't play again for like 3+ weeks and it was as a last 45 second replacement sub. That is insulting to a player/person like Luka that thrived on building confidence. He's a confidence player. Pop for whatever reason benched his ass rather than let him play and make mistakes like Primo did in spades last year.

It's infuriating we never got to see Luka at full run for 20-25 minutes while getting pats on the back. In an alternate universe, that Luka is putting up 17ppg and playing stellar defense. In this one, he'll become the next leader of a paramilitary in Slovenia.
    Why should he get 25 minutes, and pats on the back? He’s a lazy ass, with a at ude, and he’s likely blown his NBA chance. No one claimed him off waivers. One team offered him a 2 way. You people need to start understanding that Luka is out of the league because of Luka, not Pop. You don’t reward ty at ude and effort with 25 minutes, and pats on the head. That’s positive reenforcement of ty behavior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep poop has proven he can do no wrong
    when he has Duncan to ride coat tails

Since then well not so much

It is unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility that poop messed up Luka

I still think it was political differences

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why should he get 25 minutes, and pats on the back? He’s a lazy ass, with a at ude, and he’s likely blown his NBA chance. No one claimed him off waivers. One team offered him a 2 way. You people need to start understanding that Luka is out of the league because of Luka, not Pop. You don’t reward ty at ude and effort with 25 minutes, and pats on the head. That’s positive reenforcement of ty behavior.
    We're doing a chicken and egg thing here exstatic.

How do we know for sure what he may or may not have been? He never got the minutes Primo did. Primo played horribly, literally almost worse than every other NBA player last year. Yet he ing started the play-in game. He also got sent back to Austin for giving two back door layups earlier in the season. You can't tell me that Luka didn't deserve more minutes when in the few games he for before the end of the season, he looked good to everyone on this board. And to Pop, if you believe his post-game comments.

Granted nobody here saw him in practice but I distinctly remember seeing comments from Patty and others that Luka was getting more and more aggressive with the ball and they liked what they were seeing from him.

So in my view one of three things happened:
    1. They literally cut him for the one play where he quit on the fastbreak play and didn't get back. I've seen LeBron do that for the record.
    2. There were far more times than that one time that COMPLETELY OVERRODE his play when he actually got to play -- remembering the good game, Pop praise, and subsequent benching for a month. Also remember to juxtapose this with Primo's play which sucked. Also recall both of them are young.
    3. Pop just didn't like the kid or the cut of his jib and wanted him gone.

Either way, none of those make 100% sense given we never saw him get the freedom to make game mistakes over the course of a month or more as we did with Primo, and play through them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're doing a chicken and egg thing here exstatic.

How do we know for sure what he may or may not have been? He never got the minutes Primo did. Primo played horribly, literally almost worse than every other NBA player last year. Yet he ing started the play-in game. He also got sent back to Austin for giving two back door layups earlier in the season. You can't tell me that Luka didn't deserve more minutes when in the few games he for before the end of the season, he looked good to everyone on this board. And to Pop, if you believe his post-game comments.

Granted nobody here saw him in practice but I distinctly remember seeing comments from Patty and others that Luka was getting more and more aggressive with the ball and they liked what they were seeing from him.

So in my view one of three things happened:
    1. They literally cut him for the one play where he quit on the fastbreak play and didn't get back. I've seen LeBron do that for the record.
    2. There were far more times than that one time that COMPLETELY OVERRODE his play when he actually got to play -- remembering the good game, Pop praise, and subsequent benching for a month. Also remember to juxtapose this with Primo's play which sucked. Also recall both of them are young.
    3. Pop just didn't like the kid or the cut of his jib and wanted him gone.

Either way, none of those make 100% sense given we never saw him get the freedom to make game mistakes over the course of a month or more as we did with Primo, and play through them.
    I remember being very excited when he was drafted, but had misgivings by Jan of his rookie year. Austin film clearly already showed a lack of hustle and failure to get back on D. He was, in fact, cut because of the one final preseason failure to get back, but it was the straw that broke the camel’s back, the last of many.

I don’t pay a lot of attention to Pop quotes about players. He always takes the high road. , he complemented this asshat after he cut him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought 10 rated prizm cards of him early on Lmao im more re ed than our front office
    Name checks out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully you didn’t also load up on Primo ones.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka Samanic was just compared to Lebron James.

Never change, ST.

Thread Information