Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but with the type of injury I wonder if they go for a PG?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jones is our starting PG, we still need a solid backup!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really good news, now the top 6 is stacked : hornets, spurs, wizards, pistons, trailblazers and grizz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The questions becomes how high they can climb in the standings.
    They’ve looked great since the trade and sit at 8th worst right now league-wide but are only 3.5 games behind the 15th spot.
    They’re only a half game behind the play-in.
    A lot will depend on whether they can get equal or better value for Siakam and the roster construction after that.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really good news, now the top 6 is stacked : hornets, spurs, wizards, pistons, trailblazers and grizz.
    The Spurs may be losing a top ten pick.

Who may be the target for the Spurs from 11-15 in the draft?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think some of the same names we're looking at in the 7-8 range could be available. I imagine one of Topic, Dillingham, Collier, or Castle will be there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors might finish 9th or 10th in the East and then qualify to the playoffs through the play-in tournament. In that case, Spurs will get the 15th or 16th pick from them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure I believe Toronto's success will last. RJ Barrett is an inefficient player who needs the ball in his hand. Quickley is a nice scorer who will help a good deal, but their defense will suffer. Maybe they'll be better -- but since the trade, a small group of games, they've only beat the Wizards and a spiraling Warriors.

In the games ahead they face the Lakers, Clippers, Jazz, Heat, Knicks. Then Bulls, Hawks, Rockets, etc. They do face the Ja-less Grizz. I don't know if they're going to be compe ive against the top teams and they still seem like they're in the Bulls category.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideally the Raptors stay close enough to the play-in to not be sellers at the deadline, and then collapse down the stretch.

With Morant out for the season it will be almost impossible for the Raptors to tank all the way into the bottom 6 so they will likely try to win from here on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So we ok the pick will convey, that's good lol

It's a top 6 protected pick, you could not have better than pick seven so having a pick 11 would be good....

Good for the pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we ok the pick will convey, that's good lol

It's a top 6 protected pick, you could not have better than pick seven so having a pick 11 would be good....

Good for the pick
    No, bad for the pick. We don’t want them losing.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Must be nice to have a coach that gives a crap. They got robbed against the Laker$ today, thankfully for us. They almost won with Thad Young guarding AD. They're an offensive juggernaut.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, bad for the pick. We don’t want them losing.
    that's your opinion not mine, i don't want them to win too much. They could have won the Lakers at LA without Jakob.

Now that they're out of the top 5 pick race if they could be so-so it's ok for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's your opinion not mine, i don't want them to win too much. They could have won the Lakers at LA without Jakob.

Now that they're out of the top 5 pick race if they could be so-so it's ok for me.
    Precisely. We want them in the 6-9 limbo for as long as possible. Not knowing whether they should push for the last play in spot or sell and tank hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night was winnable even without Poeltl. They're going to struggle in games ahead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night was winnable even without Poeltl. They're going to struggle in games ahead.
    It will be really interesting to see how they'll figure it out in the next 10 games or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only reason the Raptors didn't win were the Laker Refs. 22-2 FTs in the 2nd half?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only reason the Raptors didn't win were the Laker Refs. 22-2 FTs in the 2nd half?
    put on me team losing is good for the raptors. I don’t think they’ll out tank the bottom six teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Must be nice to have a coach that gives a crap. They got robbed against the Laker$ today, thankfully for us. They almost won with Thad Young guarding AD. They're an offensive juggernaut.
    This. The old man would have been across half court as soon as the buzzer sounded lifting Ham on his shoulders

So very sad that his loser mentality has permeated throughout most of the organization tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The next few weeks will be pretty interesting.

Toronto faces a great-playing Utah team, Celtics, Heat, Bulls, Knicks, Grizzlies, Clippers, Hawks, Bulls, Rockets, Thunder, Pelicans.

A number of those will be pretty difficult for them and maybe only the Grizzlies are a gimme.

San Antonio, meanwhile, play Hornets, Bulls, Hawks, Celtics, Hornets, Wizards, Sixers, Thunder, Blazers, Timberwolves, Wizards, Magic.

Some of those will be slaughters, but there are some teams should give them a clear shot to more victories esp CHA x2, WAS x2, Trailblazers.

Toronto could move around a bit in the standings, but probably not enough to become worst-6. San Antonio has an outside chance of popping above Charlotte and Portland, depending.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're so fun to watch. Watched the 4th quarter last night, they had the hottest team in the league on the ropes despite being without Poeltl and Siakam. It's only been 6 games after the trade but they look like an offensive juggernaut. Problem is they can't defend at all.

Barrett as a Raptor: 21.8ppg, 6.8rpg, 3.5 apg on 59/54/77 shooting splits
    Quickley as a Raptor: 19.2ppg, 4.7rpg, 6.2apg on 43/46/84 shooting splits

I think the worst 6 teams in the league are pretty much a lock and don't see anyone overtaking them. Detroit, Charlotte, Washington, San Antonio, Portland, and Memphis. As far as odds go I would give it a 90% chance that pick converts. My guess is it will be 12th

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're so fun to watch. Watched the 4th quarter last night, they had the hottest team in the league on the ropes despite being without Poeltl and Siakam. It's only been 6 games after the trade but they look like an offensive juggernaut. Problem is they can't defend at all.

Barrett as a Raptor: 21.8ppg, 6.8rpg, 3.5 apg on 59/54/77 shooting splits
    Quickley as a Raptor: 19.2ppg, 4.7rpg, 6.2apg on 43/46/84 shooting splits

I think the worst 6 teams in the league are pretty much a lock and don't see anyone overtaking them. Detroit, Charlotte, Washington, San Antonio, Portland, and Memphis. As far as odds go I would give it a 90% chance that pick converts. My guess is it will be 12th
    Spurs are boring and lack team athleticism and the ability to score off fast breaks as compared to both Toronto and the Clippers. You don't see a bunch of slow white players on those teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harlem, you sound like their buddies in the national media, giddy and gloating at this small sample size, proclaiming them fixed.

They've committed to being a treadmill team and would be facing backlash for it if they were many other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harlem, you sound like their buddies in the national media, giddy and gloating at this small sample size, proclaiming them fixed.

They've committed to being a treadmill team and would be facing backlash for it if they were many other teams.
    i dont think TGY is harlem. he doesnt said tbh nearly enough

and yes, the raptors should have blown it up and sold OG for draft capital. but if they were going to try to reload instead of rebuild, they got some decent pieces to do so. and quickley is a long term piece that you could consider part of a rebuild.

Thread Information