Page 131 of 745 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The argument is that his trade value gets weaker as you move into next season to the point that he has no value and walks for nothing. The only way to get value is to sign him to another contract, wait a year, and then trade him. But by then, his salary will be so big, it will also make him harder to trade.
    so he will play for SA next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all that. Just keep kawhi in S.A.
    But they should still be trying to move him imo

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris is expiring. We either want picks or we don't. Praying that Kawhi's uncle changes his mind just doesn't seem like the best strategy to me.
    It's not praying Dennis changes his mind. I don't want Leonard back. It's eliminating the LA super team of James/George/Leonard that is extremely unlikely to happen if the Spurs don't trade him there in the next couple of weeks. Leonard's trade value is at rock bottom right now. There is no point to sell right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get this insistence on getting something in return. You want to try to get something good in return. Tobias Harris would pretty useless in a rebuild and late lottery picks aren't all that valuable unless RC sees someone he absolutely loves still available like Kawhi in 2011. If that's the case then yeah you make that deal. But that's the only way I see it making any sense.
    Exactly this.

Again, this isn't a typical situation here and I would seriously not blame the Spurs to hold onto his sorry ass past draft night and even into next year.

I trust they won't panic here or be forced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expect to draft shooters to surround Kawhi/Big Talent. If athletic wing prototype Kawhi, then Kawhi is gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers stil havent blinked.
    Because they're going to need their prospects to get someone to take Deng.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this really means nothing. it just says that the spurs will listen to trades but that does not suggest they will act on any of them.
    Actually, it's a change in their position. Not very long ago, they weren't entertaining ANY offers at all.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They won't be able to trade Harris for months and you think you're getting better prospects and picks from moving him than from Kawhi who can no longer go to the Lakers without taking a big pay cut? There is no reason to move him for pennies on the dollar right now unless Buford absolutely loves someone in the draft at 12. If James and PG13 go to LA and the Spurs haven't capitulated by then that means the Lakers are likely to go out and sign Cousins. The super team in LA dream dies and now Boston and Philly aren't scared of him taking a $40 million paycut to join LA's B-team and be second round fodder when he can win les and get paid in the East in a big market.
    Too many ifs for me. My if is that if Magic is actually tampering he can afford to be more patient than anyone. But that's why I don't make these decisions. I'm sure the Spurs won't do anything soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expect to draft shooters to surround Kawhi/Big Talent. If athletic wing prototype Kawhi, then Kawhi is gone
    They need to draft best available talent, since the Spurs are going into a total rebuild and the only under 30 with a pulse is a B- prospect at best in Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many ifs for me. My if is that if Magic is actually tampering he can afford to be more patient than anyone. But that's why I don't make these decisions. I'm sure the Spurs won't do anything soon.
    Ifs are better than the certainty of getting absolutely destroyed in a bad trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not praying Dennis changes his mind. I don't want Leonard back. It's eliminating the LA super team of James/George/Leonard that is extremely unlikely to happen if the Spurs don't trade him there in the next couple of weeks. Leonard's trade value is at rock bottom right now. There is no point to sell right now.
    Lose a battle to win the war.

Burn the village to save it.

Realistically, these fans praying for reconciliation just refuse to see the obvious. This guy checked out long ago and confirms what a lot didn't want to think possible. I swear if they hold onto him and force him I am fine with that. You can go to L.A. next year after the deal expires. I don't want trash in return for the sake of making a deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been saying the same thing - don't trade his ass for peanuts just to cater to his want. If he wants to pull some injury again after pronouncing that he was 100% then there will be repercussions.

Also...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ifs are better than the certainty of getting absolutely destroyed in a bad trade.
    There will be no good trades of Kawhi for the Spurs.

As I said, I'm sure he won't be traded soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lose a battle to win the war.

Burn the village to save it.

Realistically, these fans praying for reconciliation just refuse to see the obvious. This guy checked out long ago and confirms what a lot didn't want to think possible. I swear if they hold onto him and force him I am fine with that. You can go to L.A. next year after the deal expires. I don't want trash in return for the sake of making a deal.
    absolutely right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ready to move on from this. Just trade the er to anyone but Lakers if you like the package..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There will be no good trades of Kawhi for the Spurs.
    No . What a nice black and white world where all losing trades are equal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson was never a leader.
    bible thumping got harassed Rodman
    tasted Hakeem's raw shea butter after getting the MVP award

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Careful, the entire board will pile on and call you spoiled for not wanting a team with no future prospects and whose only talent is all on the wrong side of 30 to hold on to that last playoff seed with a death grip for the right to get curbstomped in the first round.
    We will, yes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get this insistence on getting something in return. You want to try to get something good in return. Tobias Harris would pretty useless in a rebuild and late lottery picks aren't all that valuable unless RC sees someone he absolutely loves still available like Kawhi in 2011. If that's the case then yeah you make that deal. But that's the only way I see it making any sense.
    Yeah, bad deals are often worse than no deals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got lost and posted in the wrong thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One more post like that and I'm reporting you to Trump's SS to get you on a no fly list.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No . What a nice black and white world where all losing trades are equal.
    I just don't think the hope of a slightly better trade is all that great given the irrationality of the Leonard camarilla (that's not racist, right?). I'm sure I'm wrong, but discussion is discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't think the hope of a slightly better trade is all that great given the irrationality of the Leonard camarilla (that's not racist, right?). I'm sure I'm wrong, but discussion is discussion.
    You think the threat of the LA superteam is meaningless to Kawhi's trade value. I disagree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information