Page 137 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 37871271331341351361371381391401411471872376371137 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 40795
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    forgot about that
    It's ing ridiculous, I see it all the time watching Japanese TV news. The people are really pissed at Shinzo Abe.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't test. They're scared of losing the Olympics.
    I think it's a foregone conclusion that the Olympics will be cancelled.

I wouldn't truck any data coming outside of the US and regions within Europe. South Korea may be truthful. There is definitely some element of transparency over there.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federal officers seize fake COVID-19 test kits at Los Angeles International Airport

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at Los Angeles International Airport intercepted a package containing suspected counterfeit COVID-19 test kits arriving from the United Kingdom, officials said Saturday.

Officers working in the airport’s international mail facility on Thursday discovered six plastic bags containing numerous vials in a parcel labeled “Purified Water Vials,” authorities said in a prepared statement.

After further examination, the officers found vials filled with a white liquid and labeled “Corona Virus 2019nconv (COVID-19)” and “Virus1 Test Kit,” authorities said. The shipment was then turned over to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for analysis.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...tional-airport

SOROS, tHE GREAT YAuGHT Was RIGHT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SOROS, tHE GREAT YAuGHT Was RIGHT
    5d chess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Israel takes step toward monitoring phones of virus patients

Israel's Cabinet has authorized the Shin Bet internal security agency to use mobile-phone tracking technology to monitor the movements of coronovirus patients, despite an outcry from privacy advocates

JERUSALEM -- Israel has long been known for its use of technology to track the movements of Palestinian militants. Now, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu wants to use similar technology to stop the movement of the coronavirus.

Netanyahu’s Cabinet on Sunday authorized the Shin Bet security agency to use its phone-snooping tactics on coronavirus patients, an official confirmed, despite concerns from civil-liberties advocates that the practice would raise serious privacy issues. The official spoke on condition of anonymity pending an official announcement.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...ients-69611060

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread le should say "Chinese virus" tbh

Gotta love the ass hurt people on Twitter defending China when China is blaming America and threatening to cut off their access to to critical supplies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't test. They're scared of losing the Olympics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    forgot about that
    Probably because it was a foregone conclusion that it wasn’t happening. It was pretty much dead when the Virus ran loose in China.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gotta love the ass hurt people on Twitter defending China when China is blaming America and threatening to cut off their access to to critical supplies.
    dumb take

do we call Ebola, african virus?

or AIDS african virus?

or Lime disease American disease

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... thunderstorms here are much worse than anything i ever experienced in LA. and i mean not even close. but luckily Cville is far enough inland where we dont quite get the hurricanes

while we have had some power outages, the worst we had was ~3 hours. for those who live within the city or near the main roads, they do a good job of getting things back up. i asked my neighbors about it during that one big outage and they said it was really an exception, and its quite rare for outages to exceed an hour

same with plowing roads if there is snow. bigger issue is for people who have to commute to the city.
    I lived in College Park for 7 years, we constantly lost power, not just during hurricanes or winter storms. We'd be without power for over 24 hours on the reg, probably happened at least once a year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White She Devil Trish Regan ‘unlikely to return’ to Fox after getting benched for coronavirus wing-nuttery: report

“Regan’s on-air speculation at the start of last week that

coronavirus was merely another impeachment gambit for Democrats

drew widespread pushback,”

Regan’s removal from air showed that

only some hosts — those with the biggest ratings — are protected at Fox News.

‘If you put Trish’s comments up against Laura [Ingraham’s],

you can’t honestly tell me that Trish is off the air’ because of her coronavirus commentary,

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trish-regan-unlikely-to-return-to-fox-after-getting-benched-for-coronavirus-wing-nuttery-report/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3974&re cip_id=298460&list_id=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Italy is probably our worst case scenario

Italians have resorted to let their 80+ year olds die

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...d-coronavirus/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Italy is probably our worst case scenario

Italians have resorted to let their 80+ year olds die

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...d-coronavirus/
    How is Italy the worst case scenario for us? We haven't locked cities down and the no groups of 10 is just a recommendation with no teeth behind it. We could be worse. Our exponential growth rate in deaths was faster that Italy's when I checked it about 3 days ago. Eg you logarithmically plot deaths vs time in both countries and they're both very nearly straight lines (indicating plain as day exponential growth), with our line having a higher slope. So exponentiate to get the actual deaths and we our exponential was growing significantly faster and likely still is. Italy is not a worst case. It might even be an expected value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Italy the worst case scenario for us? We haven't locked cities down and the no groups of 10 is just a recommendation with no teeth behind it. We could be worse. Our exponential growth rate in deaths was faster that Italy's when I checked it about 3 days ago. Eg you logarithmically plot deaths vs time in both countries and they're both straight lines, with our line having a higher slope. So exponentiate to get the actual deaths and we our exponential was growing significantly faster and likely still is. Italy is not a worst case. It might even be an expected value.
    Many businesses (specifically bars, malls, restaurants, etc) are straight up ignoring recommendations still. I shudder to think of the numbers after St.Patrick's celebrations tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many businesses (specifically bars, malls, restaurants, etc) are straight up ignoring recommendations still. I shudder to think of the numbers after St.Patrick's celebrations tonight.
    Yeah. I mean it looks like we may be worse off than Italy. Check out our trend line in logarithm of deaths being steeper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile our crooked government isn't doing a god damn thing to slow this down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I mean it looks like we may be worse off than Italy. Check out our trend line in logarithm of deaths being steeper.

For sure. I've been following the lines closely. It feels like being that guy in those end of the world movies telling others to pay attention while they just ignore the warnings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile our crooked government isn't doing a god damn thing to slow this down.
    Specifically, in Texas, Abbott is really dragging his limp feet on this. He can mitigate the damage now but continues to be 3 wheelchair rolls behind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure. I've been following the lines closely. It feels like being that guy in those end of the world movies telling others to pay attention while they just ignore the warnings.
    I'm surprised people aren't burning DC to the ground today. The government is just going to let millions of us die and not give two s as long as the billionaire robber baron class is ok and doesn't have to pay anything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, due to Trash/Repug up on tests, USA has no ing idea of the number of infections and

then there's this nightmare:

Coronavirus: "Il 50-75% dei casi a Vo' sono asintomatici. Una formidabile fonte di contagio"

( "50-75% of cases in Vo 'are asymptomatic. A formidable source of contagion" )

https://www.repubblica.it/salute/medicina-e-ricerca/2020/03/16/news/coronavirus_studio_il_50-75_dei_casi_a_vo_sono_asintomatici_e_molto_contagi osi-251474302/

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-17-2020 at 08:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Meh. Lots of difference between defending a POS regime, and giving into to Trump party attempts to shift blame for incompetence. Not surprised that nuance escapists you cultists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Italy the worst case scenario for us? We haven't locked cities down and the no groups of 10 is just a recommendation with no teeth behind it. We could be worse. Our exponential growth rate in deaths was faster that Italy's when I checked it about 3 days ago. Eg you logarithmically plot deaths vs time in both countries and they're both very nearly straight lines (indicating plain as day exponential growth), with our line having a higher slope. So exponentiate to get the actual deaths and we our exponential was growing significantly faster and likely still is. Italy is not a worst case. It might even be an expected value.
    They also had much better testing early on, we could see some serious es once everyone who should be tested is tested (dead or alive)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They also had much better testing early on, we could see some serious es once everyone who should be tested is tested (dead or alive)
    Yeah, pretty much why I only compare deaths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Specifically, in Texas, Abbott is really dragging his limp feet on this. He can mitigate the damage now but continues to be 3 wheelchair rolls behind.
    Trump party voters tend to skew older.

The people in the Trump party have polled as being less concerned with virus, and take fewer precautions for it spreading. Implying that it will spread much more among Trump party members than Democrats.

I would grimly note that when it gets bad for the elderly, they won't be voting in November. Trump wont the electoral college by 77,000 votes, or less than one percent of total votes cast in three specific states. If every single vote in 2020 mirror 2016, and the death rate is anywhere near that of Italy, attrition alone might reverse the outcome.

Thread Information