Page 14 of 143 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LeBron leaves the Cavs and they start out slowly, I could definitely see Jamison becoming available for expiring contracts. Something like:

Spurs trade:
    RJ
    Dice

Cavs trade:
    Jamison
    Moon

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    simple question:
    (yeah cool down friends, it's just a question)

Spurs trade the #20 pick for Rudy Fernandez?

why?
    there is (again) some talks about offers from Spanish teams for him. (reportedly Barca would pay slightly less than 10 million $ for 3 years). can't see how such things happen, he has a contract with Blazers for next year. (they would need to just waive him. could they take money from Barca? don't know about this)

but fact is, he isn't happy in Portland and he (likely his agent) is working on an escape plan.
    I'm pretty sure, if the Spurs offer the pick, Pritchard pulls the trigger.
    (something he wouldn't do with Batum)
    so questions.
    is he worth a #20 pick? IMO yes.
    would he fill a need? yes.
    does he have upside left? likely yes.
    could he help more than a rookie immediately? yes. (more than a #20 rookie anytime)
    would he be less unhappy in SA? difficult question. the international environment, Manu, maybe Tiago surly would be somehow attractive for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    simple question:

why?
    there is (again) some talks about offers from Spanish teams for him. (reportedly Barca would pay slightly less than 10 million $ for 3 years). can't see how such things happen, he has a contract with Blazers for next year. (they would need to just waive him. could they take money from Barca? don't know about this)

but fact is, he isn't happy in Portland and he (likely his agent) is working on an escape plan.
    so questions.
    could he help more than a rookie immediately? yes. (more than a #20 rookie anytime)
    would he be less unhappy in SA? difficult question. the international environment, Manu, maybe Tiago surly would be somehow attractive for him.
    You paint a very plausible win/win scenario, MB, but I'm just not sold on RF having the defensive tenacity to really be the answer to our problems at the wing.

Do you think he's capable of developing that side of his game faster than a younger, more-aggressive rook would be? Or are you just framing him as an offensive player for us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    simple question:

why?

so questions.
    With all my heart yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would anyone be interested in a magette Randolph for Jefferson trade? If they get favors it might Make ar more expendable for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would anyone be interested in a magette Randolph for Jefferson trade? If they get favors it might Make ar more expendable for them.
    I am not sure. although I think maggette and jefferson are very similiar players.The downfall is Maggettes contract having so many years left. Randolph would be nice off the bench though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No-brainer; I've discussed this with friends since the beginning of the year.

I don't expect it to happen or know if Holt would really be willing to take on the salary with the upcoming CBA but . . .

No-brainer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they would be stupid enough to throw in Anthony Randolph, it's a no-brainer for sure..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they would be stupid enough to throw in Anthony Randolph, it's a no-brainer for sure..
    Harlem,

Who's on your shortlist of draft prospects? Who would you like to see the spurs draft or fall to us?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No-brainer; I've discussed this with friends since the beginning of the year.

I don't expect it to happen or know if Holt would really be willing to take on the salary with the upcoming CBA but . . .

No-brainer.

Ford is the Best in Texas scottspurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If spurs get Anthony Randolph/anyone else for Richard Jefferson number 5 will come easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't go that far, but Randolph has talent that rivals Odom and Bosh. Plus, he's displayed the actual want-to to be a great player.

Whether he can fulfill his promise and reach his potential has yet to be determined but if you find a player with those attributes, you nab him the minute he's made available to you -- he's got potential to bridge the gap for the Spurs the way Duncan did for Robinson, even if to a smaller extent.

He's a potential second-tier max-player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harlem,

Who's on your shortlist of draft prospects? Who would you like to see the spurs draft or fall to us?
    I don't really have any preferences TBH..

I criticize the Spurs for a lot of their FA signings and Pop's rotations, but I'm usually cool with the draft picks, I'll be happy with it no matter the pick TBH..

Personally, I don't believe they're going to draft anybody in the 1st round, unless it's somebody to stash, or unless somebody like George falls..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ for Anthony Randolph, Maggette, first round pick (top 5).

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with Sixers likely drafting Turner, Igoudala looks even more expendable.
    unless Sixers think they can play together. but I guess they want a better shooter alongside Turner. (and Holiday does many things well, that Igoudala provides. for 10 million less). IMO now they will try harder to get rid of Igoudala for an expiring contract and become a major player in the 2011 free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers will also face luxury tax troubles. With the 2nd pick salary, they will have a team payroll of $70.7M next year with 12 players under contract. I can see them doing trade(s) to lower their payroll of $2.5M-$3M to go under the tax threshold.

Spurs 4 players with unguaranteed contracts could be a nice trade asset with Sixers. The only problem is that Spurs are also in luxury tax troubles and maybe won't have the green light to add more salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with Sixers likely drafting Turner, Igoudala looks even more expendable.
    unless Sixers think they can play together. but I guess they want a better shooter alongside Turner. (and Holiday does many things well, that Igoudala provides. for 10 million less). IMO now they will try harder to get rid of Igoudala for an expiring contract and become a major player in the 2011 free agency.
    Mountainballer,Bruno, do you think the Spurs FO would take on Iggy's contract if a possible deal for RJ ( + picks/whatever ) is on the table?

IMO, Iggy and possibly Granger are the two best case scenarios, talent-wise, that could eventually be available to us, obviously only because they're overpaid. From a fan's perspective it'd be a no-brainer but for the FO it'd be a huge commitment, especially after the RJ fiasco.

Also, do you think they ( Philly ) could find suitors if they try throwing Brand's contract in any Iggy deal, as this is what I'd expect from them to try first, most likely fruitless, but who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone discussed RJ for Richard Hamilton?

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5515569

Spurs get a scrappy defender and automatic shooter who would fit right into the system.

Pistons get an expiring contract, and a slashing, run-and-gun player who would fit in nicely with the nucleus of Gordon, Villanueva, Prince and Stuckey.

Spurs save some salary the first year, but then take on two additional years. RH's contract ends the same year Manu's does.

Seems like a win-win trade if the Spurs are serious about making a run next year.
    I was thinking... Do you think the pistons would do Jefferson + a pick for Hamilton + Austin Daye?

This deal would at least net the Spurs a long small forward in the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^

Brand's contract is nearly untradable. It's one of worst in the league and Sixers won't be able to dump him even in a package with Iguodala.

I don't think Spurs are ready to take on Iggy contract. The RJ trade shows that some players won't fit with Spurs roster. Iguodala, like RJ, isn't a natural fit with Spurs (ball dominant player without a good 3 point shoot) and good turn as a not so good player for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^

Brand's contract is nearly untradable. It's one of worst in the league and Sixers won't be able to dump him even in a package with Iguodala.

I don't think Spurs are ready to take on Iggy contract. The RJ trade shows that some players won't fit with Spurs roster. Iguodala, like RJ, isn't a natural fit with Spurs (ball dominant player without a good 3 point shoot) and good turn as a not so good player for them.
    What about a turk+belinelli for RJ trade bruno? Toronto would save alot of $ and the spurs get their outside shooting. I realize turk's contract is not the greatest with 4 years left but his outside shooting (and also throw in marco's outside shooting) would be great with TD+splitter down low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about a turk+belinelli for RJ trade bruno? Toronto would save alot of $ and the spurs get their outside shooting. I realize turk's contract is not the greatest with 4 years left but his outside shooting (and also throw in marco's outside shooting) would be great with TD+splitter down low.
    I want nothing to do with Turk's contract, even more that he has a 15% trade kicker.
    I don't think that trading RJ for a player with a long term big contract is the way to go. It will maybe help a little Spurs in the short term but not in the long term. I'm not sure Spurs could re-sign Parker next summer if they trade RJ for Turkoglu or Iguodala. Spurs would also have a hard time to rebuild/reload with these overpaid players on their payroll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want nothing to do with Turk's contract, even more that he has a 15% trade kicker.
    I don't think that trading RJ for a player with a long term big contract is the way to go. It will maybe help a little Spurs in the short term but not in the long term. I'm not sure Spurs could re-sign Parker next summer if they trade RJ for Turkoglu or Iguodala. Spurs would also have a hard time to rebuild/reload with these overpaid players on their payroll.
    Thanks...Didnt realize he had the trade kicker as well, what was toronto thinking when they added that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whats going on with yao in houston? are they going to trade him or what.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are going to be a player on the trade market, I can only see us working out a small deal around draft time including the non-guaranteed contracts on Hairston, Gee, Jerrels and Temple

OR

Working as a third team to help facilitate a sign and trade for Bosh or Lebron to go elsewhere

Moving RJ is not a realistic in the offseason, but becomes more feasible at deadline time, which means, however that the new guy won't integrate in the system for the whole season and will ultimately be considered a bust by the fan base until the next season when he has time to get "corporate knowledge"

How's this for a trade?

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5523333

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, there goes any chance of a trade for Wilson, even though it was unlikely..

Thread Information