Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the idea of using CoJo in trade to move up to 19 keeps looking better and better. The question at 19 who would you want to pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever the Spurs draft, hopefully it's someone who can play and make an impact. Someone who can make the team and play from the start.
    Whoever they draft will most likely not see action for at least one or two years. There will be 2 or at most 3 slots open if we re-sign Mills and Diaw. We'd have 3 open spots if we drop Daye, but the way he played, I see that as doubtful. I have Bertans penciled in for one of the slots...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Earley or Inglis at back-up SF and Tavares or Austin for our project big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I believe in Joseph, I wouldn't mind trading him for the right price. The thing is, there isn't really a market for him. I don't know why people keep bringing his name up.

If the Spurs want to move up. The only pieces of value they have (who aren't in the rotation) would be Jean-Charles and Bertans. Maybe trading BOTH would get the Spurs 19. As for who I'd take there, maybe Capela? And then draft Inglis at 30? That would be a pretty decent draft from my vantage point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jean Charles was viewed as a reach so I don't know if he has that kind of value (better pick in a better draft)...

I doubt we can move up a lot... The Suns picks at 27 or an early second rounder could still be nice targets...

Getting Isaiah Austin early in the second round to compete with Ayres next season wouldn't suck...

I like Capela a lot but given his moneyball style of play the risks are kinda high, if he falls to 27 he would be such a steal tho... Gobert fell a lot last year.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure at all about McGary, don't see what he gives us that Baynes doesn't. No jump shot, not a shot blocker. I feel like there will be better options at #30 in this draft.
    McGary has a jump shot. He actually developed quite good touch in the post too. As a late 1st round pick I think he'd be an excellent project.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only player with any trade value that the spurs may consider trading is danny green. Sorry, just dont see the spurs moving him or anyone else so we might as well keep targeting players at #30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McGary has a jump shot. He actually developed quite good touch in the post too. As a late 1st round pick I think he'd be an excellent project.
    Agree. My #1 option of players who may be around at #30..

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Glenn Robinson III, but he may be around at #30.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the idea of using CoJo in trade to move up to 19 keeps looking better and better. The question at 19 who would you want to pick?
    If Clint Capela is still available at 19, I'd pull the trigger so quickly on this deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen him, but draftexpress disagrees with you. 67% ft up from 44% last year, 2/9 on jump shots. They aren't high on on his form and release either, don't see how he can play with Splitter long term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen him, but draftexpress disagrees with you. 67% ft up from 44% last year, 2/9 on jump shots. They aren't high on on his form and release either, don't see how he can play with Splitter long term.
    I have. He was a freshman so obviously he's not as polished as others. He's not one-and-done type talent but if you watch him you can see he has talent. He made some impressive jump shots and turnarounds in the tournament last year. At 30, he would be a good pick.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would point out that using freshman and sop re when talking about McGary is a little silly. He'll be 22 at the time of the draft. Elfrid Payton is a Junior who is 20 months younger. McGary stills projects fine, and I could understand a team like the Clippers who have 0 bigs behind Jordan and Blake, but I'm not a fan of him over basically any of the Bogdan/Adams/Payton... group of wings and points projected around that area.
    Last edited by jesterbobman; 05-23-2014 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Hobbit bias against elves came through: (Elf rid)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a red-shirt freshman? I forget. Either way age is a good consideration. But I think with good coaching he could be all-star level in 3-4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see McGary if only for his injury history. The weed thing just casts additional doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have. He was a freshman so obviously he's not as polished as others. He's not one-and-done type talent but if you watch him you can see he has talent. He made some impressive jump shots and turnarounds in the tournament last year. At 30, he would be a good pick.
    His J was going, as was his whole game, in that tourney. But that isn't enough of an indicator how he'll perform on the pro level. Bottom line: he's all projection and limited production with a questionable injury history.

I think there are other, better options at 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think it's Damien Inglis. He has curiously dropped off the map since his breakout, a la Jean-Charles last year.
    Last edited by AFBlue; 05-23-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For stats focused people, Mitch is actually a decent pick. He averaged 9,8 and 2steals in 24minutes, which is pretty beastly. This model(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=5) has him as the #11 prospect amongst College players by expected peak. That's really good for a #30 pick.

It just seems like the Wings are better prospects. Jordan Adams steal rate(Probably the #1 stats indicator) is bonkers, and he's 19. He's 3rd in the model above. Payton is 8th. Kyle Anderson(dreams again, but he's been dropping) is 2nd. Those guys might all be gone, which is understandable. As well as that, Bogdan, Porzingis, are more intriguing to me than Mitch, and while it is unlikely that they will all be available, the probability of 1 of them being there is decent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think it's Damien Inglis. He has curiously dropped off the map since his breakout, a la Jean-Charles last year.
    I love Inglis as a prospect. The kid is like Kawhi in '11 but a year younger, 15lbs heavier and with a more reliable 3 pointer. A genuine 2-4 defender, if Kawhi starts to handle the ball and create more on the offensive end we could play a Green-Kawhi-Inglis lineup with a pg and c that would be incredible defensively in small ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would point out that using freshman and sop re when talking about McGary is a little silly. He'll be 22 at the time of the draft. Elfrid Payton is a Junior who is 20 months younger. McGary stills projects fine, and I could understand a team like the Clippers who have 0 bigs behind Jordan and Blake, but I'm not a fan of him over basically any of the Bogdan/Adams/Payton... group of wings and points projected around that area.
    For stats focused people, Mitch is actually a decent pick. He averaged 9,8 and 2steals in 24minutes, which is pretty beastly. This model(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=5) has him as the #11 prospect amongst College players by expected peak. That's really good for a #30 pick.

It just seems like the Wings are better prospects. Jordan Adams steal rate(Probably the #1 stats indicator) is bonkers, and he's 19. He's 3rd in the model above. Payton is 8th. Kyle Anderson(dreams again, but he's been dropping) is 2nd. Those guys might all be gone, which is understandable. As well as that, Bogdan, Porzingis, are more intriguing to me than Mitch, and while it is unlikely that they will all be available, the probability of 1 of them being there is decent.
    I love Inglis as a prospect. The kid is like Kawhi in '11 but a year younger, 15lbs heavier and with a more reliable 3 pointer. A genuine 2-4 defender, if Kawhi starts to handle the ball and create more on the offensive end we could play a Green-Kawhi-Inglis lineup with a pg and c that would be incredible defensively in small ball.
    There is a chance for players like saric, Nurkic, Capela, Inglis, and Porzingis to withdraw from the draft. Still could be alot of change to draft boards coming soon. As usual, everyone is scattered on what the spurs need and will do so it should be fun..

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a chance for players like saric, Nurkic, Capela, Inglis, and Porzingis to withdraw from the draft. Still could be alot of change to draft boards coming soon. As usual, everyone is scattered on what the spurs need and will do so it should be fun..
    This is true.
    Looked at about 20 mock drafts and they are all different at #30, 58, and 60.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By way of recap, reports to date indicate Spurs have met/worked out the following prospective draftees:

Kyle Anderson (sf)
    Shabazz Napier (pg)
    Elfrid Payton (pg)
    Joe Harris (pf) --- Wahoowa!
    Walter Tavares (c)
    Guillem Vives (pg)

Am I missings anyone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capela is 100% entering the draft. Inglis and Porzingis will probably take their names out of the draft tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only player with any trade value that the spurs may consider trading is danny green. Sorry, just dont see the spurs moving him or anyone else so we might as well keep targeting players at #30.
    I can actually see the Spurs trading Danny Green, considering this is a contract year for him, and he's likely to get paid (similar to what they did with Hill). This draft is particularly loaded with talent at the top too, so it's not preposterous to think the front office could fall in love with someone.

Then again, if we win the le, they'll probably take the conservative route and not fix what ain't broke.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ This is a good point. You have to think Danny will gets at least Kyle Korver money in his next contract, which iirc started around the 6M mark.

Thread Information